Johnson Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Johnson Financial Interview Questions

3.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Johnson Financial

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Johnson Financial.

Interview

Two phone interviews, then two F2F. Phone screen took 45 minutes, phone interview took an hour, one face to face took 4 hours, other took 3 hours. Large time commitment. All very formal and lengthy. Behavioral based questions. Whole process took 5 months. Salary in non negotiable. Company is very traditional, and formal. Culture is formal, if a bit cold.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were faced with a difficult situation, how did you act, and what was the result?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. The company has a tier they generate off 'like peers'. Because the company is smaller than other financial institutions, larger salaries offered at larger companies.

Commercial Account Manager/CSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Financial (Madison, WI) in December 2015.

Interview

pretty straight forward except that their was a phone interview, numerous in-person interviews talking about the same stuff, then another phone interview, and finally an offer. The whole process took approximately 5 weeks from initial phone interview to extending an offer. Biggest thing to me was that the process was quite an inconvenience at the time given we only talked about the same stuff.

Interview Questions

• Do you understand Johnson Insurance's dynamic structure and how they impact the market, what they target?   Answer Question

Investments Interview

Interview

Saw credentials, immediately called me in for an interview and acted very interested. Expressed need to schedule interview quickly. Discussed follow up steps, then things got delayed. When I contacted to check on status called me back to meet others on the team. Turned out that they were only interested in getting info on current firm. Weeks later got form rejection letter.

Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Financial in January 2013.

Interview

I applied online and received a call to set up an interview a few days later. First scheduled interview was a phone interview with a recruiter. Basic work history questions. Second interview was scheduled a few days following with the branch manager and supervisor. Same day I got a phone call calling me back for a third interview at their corporate location with an HR rep. And yet again another phone call was reveived and a fourth and final interview was scheduled.

Interview Questions

• In my second interview I was asked to sell a product with no banking relevance. That was the most difficult part of all the interview questions.   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Financial (Racine, WI) in April 2012.

Interview

The process is very slow. Sometimes up to 6months.

Interview Questions

• They read off a script and is mostly all behavioral based.   Answer Question

Vault Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kenosha, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johnson Financial (Kenosha, WI) in April 2011.

Interview

Generally, this company takes a long time to begin initial contact with an applicant. And once the interview process begins - usually consisting of a phone interview, followed by several 1 on 1 interviews (in this case the immediate supervisor, followed by the branch manager, followed by the regional VP, followed by their supervisor, and ending with HR) - it can last 1 month or more! They are very thorough but almost to a fault - particularly for a non-salary job that they will try to low-ball you for (the amount of work and responsibility deserves much more than the $14/hr I was offered). Their interview process is basically asking you to provide examples for several different types of hypothetical situations - from customer service related to co-worker and ethics related.

Interview Questions

• Just be prepared with many different stories (i.e. difficult co-worker led to a confrontation - how did you fix it? difficult problem - how did you address it?, etc).   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none. They will make an offer and will not negotiate.

Universal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Johnson Financial (Madison, WI) in May 2010.

Interview

It was a short and semi-formal telephone interview that lasted about 20 minutes. I was told that I would get a call in 2-4 weeks and I haven't heard from anybody yet so it's still up in the air. Very general questions in regards to current and past employment.

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a time that you needed to use a skill to compensate for a weakness? Describe.   Answer Question
    • Have you ever made a decision that made you question yourself afterwards?   Answer Question

Teller I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kenosha, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Financial (Kenosha, WI) in July 2009.

Interview

I went through three interviews for this company. A phone interview, and 2 on-site interviews. the questions are basic, but they want details, lots of details.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions are the "tell me about a time when" questions. they want to know about every positive and negative experience you have had in the workplace.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, because i was fresh out of school and didn't know any better. ALWAYS negotiate, if not for money do it for vacation time.