Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson Interview Questions

2.0

Water Resources Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sparks, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson (Sparks, MD).

Interview

It was easy and laid back. I was interviewed by two people. We mostly talked about my experience with regard to my internship and my senior classes. They also talked a lot about the company. The usual stuff: projects, culture and benefits. After the interview, I was given a tour of the office.

Water Resources Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson (Lake Mary, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview was general. Two interviewers went through the resume and mostly talk about my previous experiences.

I have been offered the position. Even before joining, they rescind the job offer. They emailed me about job confirmation. I started planning and finally out of blue, I got a rejection from HR. I emailed replying the email offer and never get a response.

I never saw such experience in glass door about JMT. It was shocking.

Construction Site Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson (Allentown, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview went extremely well and lasted for over an hour. I had a chance to fully grasp what JMT was about and the future goals that they had in store for me and my career. I was very pleased to hear that this company was interested in having me grow with them.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I was ready for new set of challenges and ready to take the next step in my career.   1 Answer

Unprofessional, Manipulative, and Dishonest Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sparks, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson (Sparks, MD).

Interview

- I was asked to visit the company's headquarters, on my own expense!!! (This is a red flag indicating how unprofessional the company is and do not value their employees.)
    - I had a very casual interview and while the VP was pretty impressed with my qualification.
    - After the interview I toured the office just to find out what an intense, white male dominant environment it was. I could feel how some people felt so uncomfortable me touring the office.
    - After the Interview, I was told to apply for a position.
    - The next step was to go through background check and employment paperwork (these steps are usually done when you are accepted for a position)
    - The HR person did not have enough knowledge and did not know how to do his work yet too confident and arrogant!
    - I was expecting an offer letter and what I received was a rejection email.
    - Go and figure now!

My impression from JMT, unprofessional, manipulative, and dishonest.

Planning Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson.

Interview

Pretty simple process: submitted my resume, phone interview, negotiated pay, started working. Interview was pretty brief and casual. From first impressions it seems like a company that knows who they are looking for and is good at finding the right people.

Interview Questions

• Be honest and discuss long term goals, if your true goals align with the company you will have better chances of being selected and long term satisfaction in your employment .   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson (Newark, DE) in May 2015.

Interview

Went into the office and it was immediately a positive experience. It was my first ever interview and I was pretty nervous but the receptionist and all the other employees I spoke to were really friendly. I was interviewed by two people and it was a reasonably easy interview, typical questions. They asked me about my experience in CAD and Microstation, which I'm pretty sure is actually why I didn't get offered the position (understandable because I didn't have any experience with them ha).

Interview Questions

• Talk about your experience as "team lead", particularly about a conflict you encountered and how you resolved it.   Answer Question
    • Talk about your experience with autocad and microstation   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson.

Interview

The interview is pretty straightforward. Talk about your experiences through school and outside internships. Why you chose your career path and how you came to be interested in your respective major/job. Helps to do your research on the company and whatever projects they've been involved with.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too bad, just be prepared to answer why you want to work for JMT.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson (Washington, DC) in April 2009.

Interview

Interview was conducted by a team of 3 people. They were very courteous. Asked me to walk through my resume. Apparently they were expecting to meet a person with a different profile. Didn't know why they were asking me about stuff that I clearly mentioned I have no interest in doing during telephone interview. May be an over sight. But, the company seems to be a good company and felt pretty comfortable with the staff.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson in March 2009.

Interview

I talked to the VP and discussed what I wanted out of the job, what I was looking for and then did a tour of the facilities. Very casual.