Johnson & Johnson Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Johnson & Johnson Director Interview Questions

Interviews at Johnson & Johnson

2.5

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson in March 2016.

Interview

Normal and unproductive process. Recruitment called after applying, requested for couple of dates. No one called me after initial call. I had sent more than 6 emails asking the status, but no one replied nor updated the status.

Other Interview Reviews for Johnson & Johnson

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson in March 2016.

Interview

Received an email about 2 weeks after submitting application to contact recruiter. Called recruiter and completed a 10 minute interview. He said my qualifications looked great. He said he would call me by Friday to schedule an interview with hiring manager. Three weeks have past and heard nothing. Was told I could call him anytime but my call was never returned.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerville, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (Somerville, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

It is a long and tedious process, many , many interviews. A few too many in my opinion. It is definitely a group decision environment, making a singe decision seemed difficult for some. Group think, so be ready to appeal to many personalities.

Interview Questions

• How have you been a change agent? Where did you affect change and how did it go?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson in January 2016.

Interview

Total of 5 interviews only to be told I lacked a type of experience they felt was critical to the job. If it was that critical, why wasn't that included in the initial screening process?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (New Brunswick, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

The Process:

1) Week 1: Online application followed by an automated “thanks and stay tuned” email.

2) Weeks 2-6: Life goes on at J&J for 5 weeks. No further updates.

3) Week 7a: Candidate receives an email asking for feedback on the process.

4) Week 7b: A contact by an HR recruiter for a screening call. A call is setup for following week (Week 8).

5) Week 7c: Prior to having the screening call with HR recruiter, an invite from the hiring manager for a WebEx interview is sent directly to candidate’s inbox – without HR recruiter’s awareness.

Note: Invite will appear without inquiring about candidate’s availability and will not indicate whether it’s an audio only or audio + video.

6) Week 8a: Scripted HR screen call from a list of questions similar to my college internship interviews. The call provides no details about the job whatsoever and no information as to what to expect next. The parting words: The business team will handle it from there and expect the process to take 8 weeks. Note that it has already been 8 weeks at this point.

7) Week 8b: Post-HR screening interview; candidate’s inbox is bombarded with random invites for WebEx interviews with other people on the hiring manager’s team – without HR recruiter’s awareness. As candidate should expect by now, invites will appear without inquiring about candidate’s availability and will not indicate whether it’s an audio only or audio + video.

8) Week 9: Conduct single WebEx interviews on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of the same week (1 interview a day). Remember that each of these invites was sent independently so none of these people knew when your other interviews are scheduled for, and HR doesn’t know anything about them. Also, depending on the interviewers’ moods, they may turn on their camera and expect you to do the same. The questions are all from the same bank, so they repeat.

9) Weeks 10-12: Life goes on at J&J for 3 weeks. No updates from anyone.

10) Week 13: A WebEx invite appears again for a call in 2 weeks (i.e. for week 15) with hiring manager titled “Role Update”. No additional info provided.

11) Week 14: Automated “sorry” email indicating candidate wasn’t selected for the role. Note: “Role Update” meeting for next week is still on.

12) Week 15: “Role Update” meeting is canceled the day prior. With no explanation or further updates.

13) Weeks 15-19. HR recruiter doesn’t respond to email inquiring about any type of feedback from the hiring team to the candidate. Life goes on at J&J for 5 weeks.

14) Week 20: Candidate receives an automated email asking for feedback about the process. The email highlights how special the feedback will be to the J&J team since it’s from someone who has gone through the recruiting process. Candidate laughs out loud!

My Comments:

The reason why I’m going through the trouble of highlighting this experience in detail is two-fold: First, I’m very disappointed that the hiring process at such a legendary company has come to such a low point. I’ve always regarded it and its people with great respect – something that has almost entirely evaporated following my first-hand experience. I’m hoping someone at J&J sees this and makes changes before it’s too late. Someone in the HR organization isn’t doing a good job (or any job for that matter), and it's clear the cost-cutting through automation and decentralization is planned and executed poorly.

Second, I want other job seekers who were (I cannot believe I’m saying this … but) unlucky enough to have been selected for a J&J interview to see this (before, during, or after their interviews) and realize that it’s not them. I interviewed for a Director position and that’s how poorly I was treated! It’s easy to feel disrespected and humiliated after such an experience, and especially given how much experience and/or credentials you may have. However, hold your head high and realize that it’s the broken process and unqualified HR leaders that’s causing this mess – don’t take it personally. Also, young candidates, pay attention to the culture and carefully calibrate your career growth and mobility expectations should you decide to join. This is a 125-year-old company with so many dinosaurs and processes that are yet to adapt to changes around them. Weeks and weeks (and years and years) can go by for anything to happen or for anyone to notice anything – including noticing you.

Interview Questions

• It starts with the good old Tell Me About Yourself, and ends with Why Should We Hire You? There will be strengths, weaknesses, and all sorts of cliche questions in-between.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

Interview

Short and more personal than technical. There was a phone call to screening followed by an on site interview. We discussed my resume to get clarification on some items. Then discussed the job position and its requirements. It was a very easy interview overall.

Interview Questions

• Who have you mentored lately   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (New Brunswick, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

I've applied on line and have been also recommended by a colleague. There was 1 phone screening ; one panel and one in person interview. The feedbacks came usually after one week of each interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my previous experiences, for example.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (New Brunswick, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

2 phone screens by HR and hiring manager, Onsite interview panel and then individual interviews with the entire team and president of the group. Had a chance to follow up with both hiring manager and HR regarding salary offer and benefits and in the end did not accept the offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe your background and experience and how it makes you the best candidate for the role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (Trenton, NJ) in June 2017.

Interview

Great communication. The job description accurately met the role as described by the hiring manager. First met with a recruiter on the phone and then the hiring manager in person. Both were very professional and genuine.

Interview Questions

• How did you get started in your former role?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

Interview

Condecending attitude. Talk big on diversity but are DEFINITELY AGE DISCRIMINATORS.
    Use to be a top notch company -- but had gotten big, sloppy, and only talk their "credo" and don't live it to its fullest anymore.

Interview Questions

• Why should we try something new - when we have done it well the same way for a long time?   Answer Question