Johnson & Johnson Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 29, 2017

2.6

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineer Interview

Interview

Found that the company’s HR was disorganized. Two different recruiters reached me, one after another, promising more interviews, then did not follow up. This came across as haphazard, poorly planned efforts on the part of the company. Either the recruiters did not have directive from hiring managers and yet they kept reaching out to me, or that the hiring manager was whimsical. Bad either way.

J&J makes good products but not worth wasting your time. I would definitely not recommend this company to anyone.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part was to figure out if these guys were truly interested in my application or not. See above comment.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Johnson & Johnson

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (Miami, FL).

Interview

I sent in my resume to HR, within a week I got a call back to come to the plant for an in person interview! They didn't tell me I would be meeting with the entire team, so it took about 2 hours answering both conceptual and technical questions, and talking about my background and what I wanted to do with chemical engineering

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Very easy interview. Mostly behavioral questions with one technical question about a product of theirs. Be sure to know their credo and how you apply part of it to your current lifestyle.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where an employer or coworker was doing something unethical and how did you respond to the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

Standard questions from selected people. Some questions were repeated by different interviewers. People are busy and hence no focus on listening to answers. Like to talk more than listening. No patience. Try to ask questions on technology and learn from the candidate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (New Brunswick, NJ) in January 2012.

Interview

I was a little nervous as this was a group interview with several contestants applying for the same position. The questions were not very straightforward. Many questions asked how you would handle certain situations, or what you think the best answer is.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2010.

Interview

Office environment is good... People are friendly.

Anonymous Employee in Somerville, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (Somerville, NJ) in June 2009.

Interview

It was a whole day interview to see hiring manager, peers, and HR associates. They don't have written test; however, the face to face interview is much harder. Especially for the afternoon interview, it is hard to concentrate after a big lunch. Some questions get repeated many times. Try to figure out the candidate from multiple angles.

Interview Questions

• We know that you have many strengths. Which one will make you shine in this work environment? It tests your knowledge and observation about the department and also your self-confidence.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation. Their pay is pretty good.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (Cork (Ireland)) in November 2016.

Interview

(1) Applied for position online, submitted a CV and Cover Letter (October 20th)
    (2) Online Aptitude Test, involved (October 24th). Standard psychometric testing, numerical aptitude, data interpretation. 45 minutes total.
    (3) Online Non-interactive Interview (October 26th). Online video interview, questions asked, 30 seconds to prepare answer, 1-2 minutes to answer each question. 30 minutes.
    (4) Personal Interview & Assessment (November 7th). Individual case study (1 hour 30 minutes) and a group discussion (1 hour).
    Offered Position (November 22nd)

Interview Questions

• Online Interview: what can you contribute to the program, why did you apply, past experiences, past projects, academic achievements that you are proud of, examples when you lead a team, extracurricular activity achievements, future career goals, whats do you think the general challenges will be in the new role.

Personal Assessment:
      (1) Individual mock scenario, pretending to be an external adviser for the company, who are coming up to a cross roads, you had to come up with a strategy to keep up with competition and explain how the changes you intended on making were feasible
      (2) Group scenario, you are part of the quality control team, there is a problem with manufacture process, you have to pitch to the board of executives about how you propose to get to the root cause of the problem   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jeddah (Saudi Arabia)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (Jeddah (Saudi Arabia)) in August 2015.

Interview

Did initial interview at job fair, made it clear at that time about the role that I'm interested in. Invited to do another general interview by a recruiter. I've been told that I passed the interview but the position which they have is way lower that what I'm expecting. They offered a position as sales representative while I had engineering degree. The company in Saudi Arabia is very small and it's a joint venture with another company which makes the quality of the work environment very low. Lack of information about Saudi Arabia's branch because it's joint venture. But interviewers were very gentle and cooperative.

Engineer Interview

Interview

applied during career fair at university. I was notified about my selection within 4-5 weeks. Had an interview on campus, all behavioral questions. Didn't clear the interview and was notified about it within 5-6 weeks from the date of the interview. I would rate the interview difficulty as average. They have a standard set of questions they refer to.