Johnson & Johnson FLDP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Johnson & Johnson FLDP Interview Questions

Updated Apr 5, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (Gainesville, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

I went through the recruitment process on campus which included applying online. I attended their information session and met with them at Career Fair. They held on campus interviews.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Johnson & Johnson

FLDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

Interview

two rounds interview, behavior, half an hour each

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (Allentown, PA) in October 2012.

Interview

First round of interviews was on campus. First few minutes were with a recent graduate from my school who has been a part of the FLDP, just gave some insight on the program and asked if I had any questions going into the interview. Actual interview had a 30 minute window, interviewer was also a recent graduate, very informative about the program and J&J and didn't mind going over the allotted time. As mentioned by previous reviewers, interview consisted of the basic behavior questions focusing heavily on "leadership, teamwork, and process improvement (ex. Tell me about a time when you saw an inefficent process and what you did to improve it)." The twp accounting questions were very introductory and didn't go into much detail as far walking through an explanation, a quick articulate answer was sufficient. Overall, it was very "fit" and resume oriented.

Second round is an upcoming two-day event at J&J's headquarters in New Brunswick.

Interview Questions

• Talk about the main financial statements. Which of the statements do you find most important/useful and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Washington, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (Fort Washington, PA) in November 2010.

Interview

The first round interview was on campus- basic behavior questions focused on leadership, teamwork, and process improvement (ex. Tell me about a time when you saw an inefficent process and what you did to improve it). Also basic accounting questions about, gross margin, and the three financial statements- you should know what is on all three statements and how they interact) Also make sure you come with good questions to ask the interviewer- read up on the Credo and any current J&J news.

The 2nd round is the FLDP invitational which is a two day event in NJ. One day is basically presentations, networking events and a case study. In the case study, they just want to see how you work with others and your thought process. Do not stress out about this part of the interview! It was alot of fun, just make sure you show that you are a team player. You will also have 3 1:1 interviews. Two are strictly behavior questions- they want to know about your past work history, how you have added value to past projects, and why you would be an asset to the company- Make sure your already have a few examples of times when you worked with difficult people, improved a process, and took intiative. The last interview is a mix of personal and technical questions- they asked questions about different things on my resume, also basic accounting questions. Make sure you know how to make journal entries for sale of a product, depreciation, and revenue recognition.

During the interviews, let your personality shine- J&J doesnt just want smart people, they want smart people that they can see themselves working with. One way to make a great impression is to make sure you come with alot of different and meaningful questions for the interviewer- dont just ask them about the thing they like best about their job. Ask specific questions about their career, experience with J&J and the FLDP program- Show them you are geniuenly interested!! At the same time, do your homework, do not basic questions like how long is the FLDP program- you will look silly.

Final piece of advice is to make sure you go to all scheduled events and meet as many people as possible. It is really tempting to stay in your room and study for your interviews but J&J is really big on networking and the more people know you, the better off you are. Make it a point to strike up converstaions with J&J employees- just make sure the conversations you are having are meaningful- come prepared with interesting questions.

Overall it was a wonderful experience- everyone was extremely friendly and engaging. It may seem intimating but just try and have fun, if you are a right "fit" it will be evident.

Interview Questions

• You sell a product for $1,000 in october. You recieve $500 in october and $500 in november. How do you recognize the sale?   3 Answers
    • You buy machinary for $10,000. It has a useful life of 5yrs and $5,000 salvage value. What is your depreciation expense   2 Answers

Negotiation

no negotiation but the salary is generous

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (New Brunswick, NJ) in April 2009.

Interview

Interview went smoothly. All behavioral, except a few questions in regards to the 3 financial statements and how the correlate. Nice people interviewing. The greeter was nice too. For second round, got sent to HQ in new jersey where there were a few interviews all behavioral based.

Interview Questions

• What are the 3 financial statements and tell me how one applies to the others   1 Answer

FLDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2017.

Interview

First round is a very brief phone interview for you to summarize your past experiences and abilities. Second round is a group case study and an excel test. Third round of interview is a phone interview that asks more behavioral questions. Fourth round is a face-to-face with a finance director, again, behavioral and fit questions. A simple accounts entry question.

Interview Questions

• If I manufacture and sell a pen, how do I account for it?   1 Answer

FLDP Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson in November 2009.

Interview

Interviewed for the FLD program. Attended first rounds on campus; got invited to office visit in New Brunswick. Interviewed with three managers and controllers, presented a case study in a group, and attended lots of free lunches and dinners. They flew in students from around the country, although most were in the NJ/NY/PA area.