Johnson & Johnson GOLD Program Interview Questions

Updated Dec 22, 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Johnson & Johnson

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Johnson & Johnson

Found 11 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (United States)

Interview

Due to COVID, everything was virtual and a bit slow. I completed a digital pre-recorded interview ~3 weeks after the application closed (which was just 3 behavioral questions), then was invited to the final virtual event ~2 weeks later. The final event was more involved and had a day of getting to know the GOLD program and learn about J&J and a written case study. The other day had a behavioral interview and a group case study.

Interview Questions
  • When was a time you had to get the support of senior leadership?
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (New Brunswick, NJ) in Sep 2020

Interview

Do not keep you updated on progress, no interaction with the people, and very cold emails. You have four week of time between each step. I never heard from an actual person and did a prerecord interview.

Interview Questions
  • Why would you succeed in this role?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United Kingdom
Application

I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (United Kingdom)

Interview

curriculum vitae screening, live video call interview with a member of the talent acquisition team. First there was a simply presentation conversation, then skills question, behavioral question, and the interest in he role and the company

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a situation in which you came across some difficulties and how you solve them
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (New Brunswick, NJ) in Sep 2015

Interview

First round interview description only: Met with two GOLD Associates (one graduated, one was in his first year) at my university. Was your typical STAR styled behavioral questions. Focused on leadership, morality, teamwork, etc. As a college student, found it difficult to provide robust results, as they wanted quantifiable information. The interviewers were super nice, and asked clarifying questions in order to write more detailed notes about you. Know about their credo, the program, and the company. Be prepared to answer "why J&J? Why The Gold Program, and Why you are better suited for the role than other candidates. Attend career fairs and information sessions at your college if possible- the people interviewing you are typically the same people at these events, and having them recognize you is a step up

Interview Questions
  • Name a time you created an innovative solution to a problem, what was the result? Name a time you led a team or group of people, what was the result? Talk about a time a superior asked you to do something immoral, what did you do (keep CREDO in mind) Why are you interested in working at J&J Talk about a difficult project you worked on with people in an academic setting When did you act as a leader in an extra curricular activity What do you have to offer that other candidates can't?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (United States)

Interview

The introductory interview was with a representative at the career fair. This was followed by a phone interview, and then an in person interview at the school. Unfortunately, I did not get past this step of the process, but I knew a few people who did. They told me that they had another interview that consisted of a multi-day on-site interview. This included scenarios that required presentations to management.

Interview Questions
  • Explain a time when you worked with a group that did not cooperate
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 6 months. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (United States) in Nov 2014

Interview

I applied online in May and was called by a recruiter confirming interest and supervisor details (I am a former co-op). This was followed by two 1:1 phone interviews (I was remote at the time) consisting of behavioral questions. I did not hear back until almost 5 months later, when I was extended an invite to the invitational (final round 2-day event). Day 1 is meet and greet and networking. Day 2 consisted of guest speakers and three different 1:1 interviews, which included: One behavioral interview; One business case interview; One ethics case interview.

Interview Questions
Johnson & Johnson
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (United States) in Oct 2013

Interview

Very friendly environment. Interviewers help keep the conversation fluid and open. Other than asking about interest in J&J, all behavioral questions such as greatest strength, most difficult problem solved, learning from mistakes, working with different types of people, etc. The interview was an hour and a bit tiring only because the questions are open ended but require a lot of details. Interviewers were both very nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ
Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (New Brunswick, NJ) in Oct 2011

Interview

Was interviewed one on one by a HR representative and was asked 5 behavioral questions, each covering a different category. There were some stops and starts due to all of my responses needing to be written down in a booklet, but overall it was a smooth process and the interviewer kept it informal and comfortable.

Interview Questions
  • "Name a time you came up with an innovative solution to a problem and what was the result."
  • "Talk about a time you had to admit to a mistake, what happened, how did your boss react to it."
Johnson & Johnson
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson in Oct 2011

Interview

Applied through college website and got an email for an interview. Interview was 1:1 for about an hour. Unfortunately, the interviewer began by stating the fact he was tired and throughout the interview showed general disinterest and frequently got off-track. Questions were very basic and followed the STAR method. The week after I received a call stating, without surprise, that I had not advanced to the next round.

Interview Questions
Johnson & Johnson
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (Newark, NJ) in Oct 2010

Interview

-Phone interview all behavioral questions -2 day interview process - First night dinner, learn about company and their Credo (very important to utilize later in the interview process). Next day: one behavioral, two case studies - one business and one ethics interview. It is important to remember that people and customers come first at J&J, then business. Their people reflect that service mindset, which makes it a great company.

Interview Questions
  • An electrician gets hurt on your jobsite. What do you do?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 11