Johnson & Johnson GOLD Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Johnson & Johnson GOLD Program Interview Questions

3.5

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (New Brunswick, NJ) in September 2015.

Interview

First round interview description only:

Met with two GOLD Associates (one graduated, one was in his first year) at my university. Was your typical STAR styled behavioral questions. Focused on leadership, morality, teamwork, etc. As a college student, found it difficult to provide robust results, as they wanted quantifiable information. The interviewers were super nice, and asked clarifying questions in order to write more detailed notes about you.

Know about their credo, the program, and the company. Be prepared to answer "why J&J? Why The Gold Program, and Why you are better suited for the role than other candidates. Attend career fairs and information sessions at your college if possible- the people interviewing you are typically the same people at these events, and having them recognize you is a step up

Interview Questions

• Name a time you created an innovative solution to a problem, what was the result?

Name a time you led a team or group of people, what was the result?

Talk about a time a superior asked you to do something immoral, what did you do (keep CREDO in mind)

Why are you interested in working at J&J

Talk about a difficult project you worked on with people in an academic setting

When did you act as a leader in an extra curricular activity

What do you have to offer that other candidates can't?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Johnson & Johnson

GOLD Program Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

Interview

The introductory interview was with a representative at the career fair. This was followed by a phone interview, and then an in person interview at the school. Unfortunately, I did not get past this step of the process, but I knew a few people who did. They told me that they had another interview that consisted of a multi-day on-site interview. This included scenarios that required presentations to management.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you worked with a group that did not cooperate   Answer Question

GOLD Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online in May and was called by a recruiter confirming interest and supervisor details (I am a former co-op). This was followed by two 1:1 phone interviews (I was remote at the time) consisting of behavioral questions. I did not hear back until almost 5 months later, when I was extended an invite to the invitational (final round 2-day event). Day 1 is meet and greet and networking. Day 2 consisted of guest speakers and three different 1:1 interviews, which included: One behavioral interview; One business case interview; One ethics case interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not attempt to negotiate. J&J is very structured with their offers, and I was satisfied with the compensation.

GOLD Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson in October 2013.

Interview

Very friendly environment. Interviewers help keep the conversation fluid and open. Other than asking about interest in J&J, all behavioral questions such as greatest strength, most difficult problem solved, learning from mistakes, working with different types of people, etc.

The interview was an hour and a bit tiring only because the questions are open ended but require a lot of details. Interviewers were both very nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (New Brunswick, NJ) in October 2011.

Interview

Was interviewed one on one by a HR representative and was asked 5 behavioral questions, each covering a different category. There were some stops and starts due to all of my responses needing to be written down in a booklet, but overall it was a smooth process and the interviewer kept it informal and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• "Name a time you came up with an innovative solution to a problem and what was the result."   Answer Question
    • "Talk about a time you had to admit to a mistake, what happened, how did your boss react to it."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (Newark, NJ) in October 2010.

Interview

-Phone interview all behavioral questions
    -2 day interview process - First night dinner, learn about company and their Credo (very important to utilize later in the interview process). Next day: one behavioral, two case studies - one business and one ethics interview. It is important to remember that people and customers come first at J&J, then business. Their people reflect that service mindset, which makes it a great company.

Interview Questions

• An electrician gets hurt on your jobsite. What do you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (Davis, CA) in October 2008.

Interview

I had an on-campus interview initially - about an hour long, all behavioral questions. After this, I was invited to fly to NJ for a weekend with all the other candidates from from around the country. Once there, we had one day of networking and learning about the company "credo." Then, day two consisted of 3 1:1 interviews - 2 case studies, 1 behavioral. They were challenging but the interviewers would help you along a little with the case studies. It was a pretty laid back atmosphere, all things considered. I ended up not getting an offer, mostly because I had no engineering or operations background, they said. I was entered into their system though, and they ended up calling me a few months later with a job offer for a different position.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time when a co-worker or peer was doing something immoral - what did you do?   1 Answer
    • Discuss a time when you had trouble communicating with a co-worker or boss. How did you handle the situation?   1 Answer

GOLD Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson in October 2011.

Interview

Applied through college website and got an email for an interview. Interview was 1:1 for about an hour. Unfortunately, the interviewer began by stating the fact he was tired and throughout the interview showed general disinterest and frequently got off-track. Questions were very basic and followed the STAR method. The week after I received a call stating, without surprise, that I had not advanced to the next round.