Johnson & Johnson ITLDP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Johnson & Johnson ITLDP Interview Questions

Updated Oct 11, 2017

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

ITLDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

Interview

Two interveiws. The first was about an hour long with behavior questions. Two people intervewied me over the phone and were very nice and easy to talk to. Second round I had to make a 5 min presentation about myself and then there was another 45 min or so of behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a person in a group or team, how you handled it, and what the outcome was.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Johnson & Johnson

ITLDP Interview

Interview

Very nice people, started with on site interview at career fair, then two interviews in one day at New Jersey. Had to prepare a short presentation on leadership experience. One interview was focused on a case study. It was an overall pleasant experience. Very responsive people and they seem to care about all people interviewing.

Interview Questions

• What is the most innovative idea you have had in a leadership role?   1 Answer

Didn't decline, have a month to decide.

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (New Brunswick, NJ).

Interview

Applied online to position. Within a week heard back from the recruiter. Had an initial 1:1 interview with the first recruiter. She told me about the program, etc. She asked me a bunch of personality questions... e.g. Tell me about a time when you had to lead a group, etc.

After a few days, I heard back from the recruiter and got invited to a panel interview. I was given a topic to prepare a presentation for. You have to prepare the presentation on a paper, hand a copy to the interviewers and present. The interview has 2 J&J IT managers. For a hour or so they ask you questions that are also personality. Familiarize yourself with the STAR method if you're not familiar already... they want you to use it (Google it). After a hour of questions, you get a second panel interview. This time, you are presented with a case study. The case study states: "You are an manager and you're working on a project involving a web platform. The old manager unexpectedly left the position, and you're now in charge. You have a team and deadlines to meet. The software is a warehouse / client portal software. How would you go about implementing the software? What technologies would you use? How would you lead the team?" You're given 10 minutes to review the case study, and develop some answers to questions. In 10 minutes, the interviewers start asking you questions about how you would react to the business, schedule things, lead your team, etc. There aren't any right or wrong answers, but be prepared to defend your choices.

After a few days I heard back and had an offer.

I'd really recommend practicing the STAR method of answering behavioral questions (almost no technical questions in the interview). Come up with a BUNCH of scenarios / stories to share with the interviewers (e.g. when you had to stand up to a team member, when you lead a team, when you failed at a task, how did you react, etc.). They will ask LOTS of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you knew someone was not doing their job in a team project correctly. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (New Brunswick, NJ) in November 2011.

Interview

The first round interview was at a job conference in California which was a 2-on-1 interview. They asked me behavioral questions and some technical questions based on my resume. The interviewers were very professional and friendly. Five days later I received a call for an invitation to second round interviews in New Brunswick. It was a two day event, with the first day as a chance to meet the current ITLDP'ers and the second day for interviews. There were two panel interviews, each with a 5 minute presentation to be given at the beginning. At the beginning of the second interview you are also presented with a business case you have to solve about how you would manage a technology team given a set of circumstances.

Interview Questions

• The company has discontinued a web based project and has asked you to take over as the project manager. You must choose both subject matter employees and technical employees to form a team and pick up where the last team left off. How would you do things differently and what technology would you use to implement your solution?   Answer Question

ITLDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2017.

Interview

There were three stages: phone screening, 1-1 phone interview with manager and group case study. People are friendly in general.

It is a really great company but the HR was absolutely terrible.
    1. They scheduled interview slots using WhatsApp? Which seemed extremely unprofessional.
    2. HR coordinator is somehow based in the Philippines
    3. There could be no news up to three weeks between each stage.

ITLDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2016.

Interview

The first round is a 30-minute phone interview with two hiring manager. Normal interview question: such as why you choose us? why we choose you?
    The final round is a 5-hour AC with 1-hour tour to the department.
    2 hour group case study: case related to e-commence for j&j. group discussion+presentation+Q&A
    1 hour panel interview: 2 manager. all are behavior questions

Interview Questions

• what challenges you have encoutered in a leadership role.   Answer Question

ITLDP Interview

Interview

the interview lasted for about an hour for on campus interview. The interviewer had to conduct an interview base on the evaluation form he is given and he was strict on sticking with it. Overall friendly, which will make you think that everything went well.

ITLDP Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson in October 2010.

Interview

I interviewed for the first round of the IT Leadership Development Program. It was for on campus recruiting for entry level candidates. The first interview was a one on one. The interviewer questions focused almost exclusively on questions of leadership, How I've used technology to help people, and many variations on the two. Questions such as "Explain a time that you solved a technology problem that required an innovative solution" were typical of the harder questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time that you solved a technology problem that required an innovative solution   1 Answer