Johnson & Johnson Brand Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 31, 2017

3.2

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

Interview

campus recruiting. process take about 1 month. HR is very friendly and asks smart questions. 3 rounds of interviews. 1st round with HR, 2nd round with hiring manager, 3rd round is a panel with 3 people.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

Interview

I was hired through the on campus MBA hiring process. I interviewed for an internship position and after the internship, was offered a full time position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were not flexible at all.

Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

Interview

I applied online through a career fair. They contacted me a week later to set up a interview at the fair. I had two first round interviews with senior brand managers followed by a final interview with a director. Shortly after the final interview they contacted me about the position.

Interview Questions

• Business Case: If you had to double sales on your favorite brand how would you do it?
      Business Case: If you were the brand manager on Frito-Lay and you were about to release Baked Lays, how would you decide whether to launch or not   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson in March 2013.

Interview

The process consisted of two rounds of interviews conducted via computer. The interviewers were pleasant and asked questions based on hypothetical scenarios. I was able to interview via webcam as I was not able to travel to the company's location at the time I interviewed.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions involved the steps I would take to grow a brand I had just inherited. I needed to ask the right questions to determine what the brand's strengths/competitive advantages were, and to determine what risks and challenges the brand was facing.   Answer Question

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skillman, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (Skillman, NJ) in January 2011.

Interview

It was challenging, but well merited for the position.

Interview Questions

• What is the most innovative product on the market?   1 Answer

Better offer in food.

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (Princeton, NJ) in February 2010.

Interview

The process was as seamless as the interview process can be. All interview travel arrangements were made for me. They were very accommodating with me schedule.

As with most CPG companies, the on site interview was a full day.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a brand you believe is limiting its potential? What is the position and target? What would you recommend changing?   Answer Question

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Skillman, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (Skillman, NJ) in January 2010.

Interview

Found posting on site, and internal contacts at company and executive recruiter got my resume in front of HR Director, who referred me to J&J Recruiter working on this particular role. Roughly 1-2 weeks after finding posting, I moved to - Step 1): Approx. 45 min. phone screen with that person. Then had to wait approx. 4 weeks before they had approval for to interview external candidates, and could move onto - Step 2): 2 1 hour phone interviews with hiring managers. Then, roughly 3 weeks later - Step 3): on site interviews with both hiring managers I'd spoken to on phone as well as 3 Directors. Verbal offer came 1 week after that, formal letter followed 2 weeks after that. Background check/drug test took another week before being cleared for hire. From finding posting to being cleared for hire: approximately 3.5 months, 3 months from 1st interview to hiring clearance.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very fair package offered right away (incl relo, starting bonus). Was able to negotiate an extra 3 months of household goods storage as part of my relo package.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

Interview process was long and grueling. First was the online application, followed by an HR interview via phone, a Marketing Director Interview over the phone, and then two visits to the offfices. Waited another two weeks for an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me 3 opportunity areas   1 Answer

I waited to long and was offered something else.

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online for a brand manager position and got a response in the following week with an invitation for pre-screening telephone interview. A manager from the company HR interviewed me over telephone. The interviewer was very friendly. First she asked general questions to know about me and then asked few questions related to the role, my previous experience and salary expectations.

Interview Questions

• How would your past experiences add to this position?   1 Answer
    • Give an example how you dealt with a difficult business challenge.   1 Answer
    • What is your salary expectation?   1 Answer

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

Interview

There was an initial virtual hangout session with potential candidates. Next step was an individual initial screen (3 interview questions) through prerecorded video conferencing system. A 2nd interview via live video conferencing was completed next. This included one hiring manager and an HR recruitment manager. The interview questions were mostly behavioural/situational, with a few related to specifics on brand management.