Johnson & Johnson Financial Leadership Development Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Johnson & Johnson Financial Leadership Development Program Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2017

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Leadership Development Program (FLDP) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (Princeton, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

The process begins with on campus interviews, which are fairly simple behavioral questions. There are a few basic accounting questions, certainly nothing to worry about but review some transaction accounting questions just in case.

After the on campus interviews and if all goes well, you will go to New Jersey for the "invitational." This was a very cool experience, as they take care of everything, this was a highlight of the interview. On the first day, there is team building and one interview. The interview was all behavioral and directly out of a book. The second day includes an interview, team building, and a case study. The interview is the same as the first, all behavioral. The case study session gave you 90 minutes to read a case, come up with a solution, and create a small presentation that you will give to 2-3 managers. Tip: don't just focus on the financials of the case, it's easy to get sucked into that thinking, rather, think about the whole business itself like marketing, sales, customer service. They are also testing your ability to think on your feet and they will rapid-fire questions at you.

My final thoughts are that the process was very structured and professional, however, there are nearly 50 candidates there and just about every person interviews with someone different, so it would be very difficult to accurately compare the candidates. Also, there was a networking cocktail hour and the leaders of the invitational put WAY too much weight on the importance of it. It should be fun and relaxing, not an additional interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson in September 2014.

Interview

After an initial first first-round interview I was invited to conduct final-round interview with one of the VPs of finance. Both interviews went very well and I was able to establish a good rapport with both interviewers. They were extremely friendly and showed genuine interest in me as an employee.

The sad part was they filled all their positions from last years interns.

I was sent an extremely cordial rejection e-mail and encouraged to maintain contact with two of the people I interviewed with about the potential for just in time hiring after the completion of my MBA.

Interview Questions

• All finance specific questions were rather basic, but I was surprised by one behavioral question. The first part was a normal "tell me about a time when you were in a leadership position" question but the follow-on question asked "how would you handle an employee who failed to meet significant job requirements?"   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

Interview

It was very helpful to attend the on campus information booths and presentations Johnson and Johnson had on my campus. Initial applications were cut by 50% to make the first round interviews. The interview was two one on one interviews, each thirty minutes with a couple technical questions at the end.

Financial Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2012.

Interview

I got the interview through oncampus recruitment. There was an initial interview where I interviewed with a member of the Tax department. It was fairly conversational. Any questions were all behavioral. We clicked and about 3.5 weeks later got a call for super day in Princeton. However, due to Sandy this was postponed and a few weeks later we had the interviews with around 50-60 others in a hotel in Philly. There were team building events, a an assessment test, networking events with other JNJ professionals. it was 2 days long. After that the second day was 3 interviews at the hotel with 3 professionals. It was also behavioral. I was rejected approximately 2 days later by email. The company was quick with that.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you were innovative or improved a process. It wasn't too hard in hindsight but I was thrown off during one of the interviews.   Answer Question

Financial Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Villanova, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (Villanova, PA) in September 2011.

Interview

Had 2 thirty minute interviews. In the first one the interviewer started the interview by asking me to talk about myself for 5 or 10 minutes. After that, she didn't really ask any followup questions. The second interview was also a bit unconventional, the interviewer just went down my resume commenting on my items. There weren't any stereotypical interview questions, though I was told beforehand that they were mostly looking for people that would "fit in" at Johnson & Johnson.

Finance Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

The first interview was easy. Most questions are general behavioural questions. The case study was tougher as the time limit is pretty tight and it also depends a bit on your teammates.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

Interview

Did a first round interview, a lot of journal entry and financial statement questions

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson in October 2011.

Interview

I simply applied online through my school's career website and i received a phone call requesting an interview shortly after. The recruiter was very laid back......

Interview Questions

• From an accounting stand point, what does into the production of a pen   1 Answer
    • What are the three fundamentals financial income statements, what information do they have on them?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation