Johnson & Johnson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,042 Interview Reviews

2.9

Manufacturing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Washington, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (Fort Washington, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

First part of the process complete a 5part timed test by their HR recruiter if you pass in a week or 2 have you in for 1st interview with 2 or 3 managers. If that goes good in another 2 weeks time have a 2nd interview with their director and if that goes well within the week start pre employment process with background check and drug test,all in all a 4 to 6 week process or could be slower

Interview Questions

• What have you offered to your company that you can offer to johnson&Johnson example rules implemented,safety issue and better processes   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson in June 2017.

Interview

Very straightforward and easy interview. It only took 30 minutes in total. It was with the HR department. I did not prepare for this interview at all. Research the position you are applying for beforehand.

Senior Manager, Global Project Management OTC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

This company seems to require qualifications to exactly match the candidates resume. Very unrealistic.
    In addition, a regulatory position would list a "3 year experience in R&D" as a requirement (rather than preference). Unless a company has a practice to hire R&D staff to be transferred internally to Regulatory Affairs functions, it does not make any sense. Not all companies employ this practice, and this requirement is only for internals. Why would they advertise the position? It seems contradictory that they advertise this (presumably to attract fresh blood) while insisting on such qualification.

Interview Questions

• I was previously asked:
      What is your current or most recent salary level?
      (Note this question recently made it to the "don't ask" list)   Answer Question

Senior Pricig Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (Wayne, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

The position (LifeScan/J&J) was advertised as Zug, Switzerland (preferred location) or Wayne, PA. In reality the manager prefers someone in the US, so not sure why they list Zug, or why the recruiter is also there.
    Applied on April 25th and was contacted on May 3rd for the initial HR interview. Then, on May 18th they invited me to a second round of phone interviews with the manager and two other directors. One of the other folks couldn’t make it, which they didn’t mention to me until after the call supposed to take place. That call was rescheduled a few days later. During the conversation, the manager was very complimentary of my experience and she said that she was going to „push me” to the next step. The other two interviewers also stated that they were looking forward to the possibility of meeting me in the future. A week later, since I haven’t heard back from the company I followed up with the recruiter, who didn’t bother to answer until another 4 days later. At this point she mentioned they wanted to bring me in for a f2f interview and although I sent her the dates right away, it passed another week to even hear back from her, as she was on vacation, which she never mentioned. Lots of back and forth on when they could schedule one f2f interview with the manager. Amazing! All and all it took one month from the last phone interviews to the in-person interview, even though the manager said to me that she wanted someone to start right away.
    By this time I actually had received 2 job offers, accepted one of them and completed all the required screening, so I went to the f2f interview just out of curiosity, as I haven’t seen such a process in my 20+ year career.
    During the interview the manager told me that she wanted to make me an offer, which she was going to send that day. Instead later on she sent me a message that her boss in Switzerland wanted to have a phone conversation with me, after which they modified it as a skype interview the next morning. Shortly before the call I received an email from the recruiter asking for 1-2 references to „complete” the interview process. Yes, that was before any offer being made. I refused as that is not standard business process, and afterward I received a call from the hiring manager who asked me for at least a „personal reference.” I have to say this is a first for me. Very bizarre! Nonetheless I sent a message saying that I was going to withdraw my candidacy for that position.
    I see they reposted it later on that day, June 30th.
    Strange to say the least.

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

Interview

Initial Phone Screen with HR. Very conversational. Basically went through resume and talked about why I would want to work at JnJ. They said they would get back to me in five to seven business days.

Interview Questions

• How would it be different switching from academic to industry?   Answer Question

Clinical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview process was very smooth and transparent. However, contacting the recruiter after the process is quite difficult. No response after several attempts. It's really frustrating when you're really interesting in the job and company. Anyway, still waiting for position updates and continuously applying online.

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (Tampa, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

First step was a phone interview which went on for about 30 mins. Interview was pleasant and interviewer was friendly. Did not get an offer but the feedback was sent promptly and in a timely manner.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer questioned about the work experience and how it was relating to the job that I had applied for.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

Interview

Everything revolves around their leadership imperatives (Connect, Shape, Lead, Deliver and the Credo). Typically you will be asked 1 or 2 questions that fall under each imperative. You can research more about their imperatives online to get an idea of how that the imperatives drive business and business decisions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in the event you saw someone not acting align with our credo? How would you respond and what action would you take?   Answer Question

Medical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

Interview

The interview process was a bit lengthy, but very organized and professional. The hiring manager was great about keeping in contact and letting me know what to expect throughout the process. The group interview consisted of two people and was the most difficult part of the process.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in situation xyz?   1 Answer

Consumer Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

Interview

I had to interview with 2 interviews and it was around 45 mins each. Also, they used the STAR method and asked couple of behavioral questions. I would say for the future its very important to just keep a conversation going and try not to think of it too much as an interview.