Johnson & Johnson Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 7, 2017

2.8

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

Interview

I interviewed with this company for several different positions. Each time I would go through several rounds of interviews, spend hundreds of dollars traveling for the interview, and then not selected at the end. Even though I had already done STAR questions for previous roles, would have to do the same process over and over again. Most recently , I said I was not able to make the drive for an interview for a job they told me to apply to. I was automatically eliminated. Stop playing games with candidates . People are taking off work and spending time and money on these interviews.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you went above and beyond and showed leadership   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Johnson & Johnson

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (Irvine, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Initial screening was with recruiter asking typical interview questions. Didn't feel very confident after the screening was over. But, to my surprise I received a call back to schedule phone interview with hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Review your resume/work history.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (Lansing, MI) in January 2014.

Interview

First phone interview with recruiter. Second phone interview with Human Resources representative. Third phone interview with hiring manager. Fourth interview one on one with hiring manager. There were long periods (weeks) between interviews. It took a month between last phone interview and the in person interview.

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Differs dramatically depending on age, department, level of education. There is no real standard. Networking and going to a top school with MBA is your best bet.

Interview Questions

• What was you greatest accomplishment and failure and what did you learn from both?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Little room for negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2011.

Interview

Laid back and easy interview process but lacking feedback. They were more than willing to answer questions about the company and the position but would it provide any information as to what they were looking for during the interview or what you needed to move forward in the process. Also, never informed me either way of their decision. A standard rejection email would at least be nice!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (Columbia, SC) in July 2010.

Interview

Submitted a resume online to J&J's career site. I was then contacted for a brief phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Give three positive and negative qualities about yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (New York, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

It was nothing too crazy about the whole interview process. They did not ask any questions that you hear sometimes and think what does that have to do with anything. brought me in for an interview with several managers and followed by another round of interviews with upper level management.

Negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (Miami, FL) in April 2008.

Interview

Very good company with extremely long lengthy interview process. Attend a field ride with another sales rep which was long and exhausting. It seemed like the company hired mostly men in sales positions, because I never met a female. The process took a long time to get through and then just sortbof fizzeled put into nothing.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bucharest (Romania)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (Bucharest (Romania)).

Interview

The process was fairly common. They reached a decision very fast, the whole thing was done in less than two days. First you have a discussion with the hiring manager and HR, then you go to a meeting with General Manager. Afterwards you receive the offer and from there is up to you.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if you receive a sealed envelope and are asked to deliver it to a key customer?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

Interview

I had high expectations given that J&J are highlighted as being an ethical company. However, the interview process was rather disorganised. The interview dates and location got changed with little notice and interview was unstructured without any notes taken or set questions. A phone interview was also launched on the inital call when they replied to my application which did not allow any time for prep. It was then a 1:1 face to face interview but it would have been impossible for them to compare candidates fairly since all that was asked was talk me through your CV. But every applicant would have a different CV and they do not ask the same questions to assess concrete evidence in the process and took no notes at the interview. This allows for a lot of bias particularly as no other interviewer was present. Overall it gave an impression of not really knowing what or who they wanted to hire and felt like my time was not valued which was a real shame given the reviews from employees are good on this site. Ironically the job has now been re-opened after a little few weeks break for the same role! So perhaps this process meant the loss of lots of good other candidates to.