Johnson & Johnson Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Johnson & Johnson Scientist Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017

3.4

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

Interview

Initial Phone Screen with HR. Very conversational. Basically went through resume and talked about why I would want to work at JnJ. They said they would get back to me in five to seven business days.

Interview Questions

• How would it be different switching from academic to industry?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Johnson & Johnson

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

Interview

One Phone interview and then an in-person interview with 4 different people on campus. Had 1 on 1 time with each person and ranked from Senior Scientist to Director of R&D

Scientist Interview

Interview

I was contacted by the Director. I was brought in for a day of interviewing with the team after an initial phone interview with the director. It was 5 rounds of interviews which lasted 3 hours all together. I enjoyed my experience. Received an offer within a week of interviewing.

Interview Questions

• How do you expect your background to be applied in this position?   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Interview

tedious interview process, seeing many managers and lower leveled staff.

Interview Questions

• an example of you putting your foot into your mouth and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (Irvine, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter and had 1:1 meeting to inform of position and opportunity. After presenting me to the company I was interviewed by lab staff in a panel setting, lab manager in a 1:1 setting, additional interview to ask for additional information and HR final interview process for screening before making final decision.

Interview Questions

• background information, experience and why join JnJ.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Juan, PR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (San Juan, PR) in October 2011.

Interview

Good interview.
    A lot of questions asked about equipment and previous experience
    Various people of the organization came to ask questions,
    It took aprox 2 hrs for the complete interview to be oevr

Anonymous Employee in Skillman, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (Skillman, NJ) in December 2009.

Interview

All day sessions consisting of 8 separate multi-panel interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none, take the salary or leave it

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

Interview

Phone interview and then on-site interview that consisted of several one-on-one discussions

Scientist Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson in September 2011.

Interview

Initially contacted by HR rep for a brief phone screening. Interview panel consisting of 4 members was scheduled about 1.5 weeks later. The majority of questions were experiential in nature, with the rest pertaining to personality and personal attributes. All in all, it was a difficult interview, and no offer was made.

Interview Questions

• What do you do in your spare time to relax?   1 Answer

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rehovot (Israel)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (Rehovot (Israel)) in January 2011.

Interview

Everything was very organized. Not much bargaining room, though. But conditions were and are fair.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Don't bother negotiating too much at entry level jobs. You can (hopefully) have some room to bargain if and when they want you to move/relocate/change positions.