Johnson & Johnson Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 3, 2017

2.7

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

Interview

Interview process starts with a video interview. 7 recorded questions. Questions are behavioral and one technical. You have 3 tries to record your answers. I included a few of the questions i remembered. Hope these helps. Good luck

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Johnson & Johnson

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by an hr specialist if I'd be interested in applying. I submitted my info and applied. A couple days later, I was invited to take an interactive interview and was supposed to take asap. Red Flag

I took it at my convenience since it was my very first 'no human' interview. There were 7 questions as others listed here. You can retry 2x per question if you didn't like an answer.

Low and behold, some technical issues during my interactive interview. I couldn't review 3 questions, which I tried for all my answers. One of my questions was cut off at the end. I contacted hr specialist whom she referred me to contact the streaming system help desk. But they couldn't do anything.

It's been a little more than two weeks and no update. I am fine with that given that I wouldn't consider moving to NJ.

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (New Brunswick, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

This review just for the Video Interview part of the process. I am currently still going through the process and a week after applying, I was contacted to submit a video interview using InterviewStream. There are 7 pre-recorded questions and you have two additional tries if you are not satisfied with your answer. It consisted of 6 behavioral and 1 technical question, I have listed 4 behavioral and 1 technical below.

Interview Questions

• What is a reversing entry and how is it used?   Answer Question
    • What is an accomplishment you're proud of and why?   Answer Question
    • What is a time you had to deliver a message to a co-worker that upset them?   Answer Question
    • What is a time you gave feedback to a co-worker or direct report and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • What is a time you took responsibility for a mistake and what happened?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (New Brunswick, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

Initial video interview. Called for additional screening by HR about 4 weeks later. Invited to interview day with roughly 10 other individuals to interview for a number of Senior Financial Analyst positions. Verbal offers extended day after interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you you had to overcome a challenge and how you displayed leadership?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson in February 2016.

Interview

I received a phone call and email from a recruiter about a six month contract role. The recruiter told me that had a position for a financial analyst paying $26.00 per hour, I replied that I wasn't interested and my background was on a senior level - managerial, the rate would be considerably below my requirement. The recruiter sent another email offering $38.00 then followed up with several phone calls.

Interview Questions

• the only questions asked were are you ok with the rate?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (New Brunswick, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with a recruiter. Very basic questions, trying to see if you have the required skills of the position and are able to communicate effectively. Then moved to meeting hiring manager and interviewing with him and another manager. Was called to come back in for another interview and submit my references. Next interview was with a director and another director from another business unit. Interviewed with 4 people, 2 each time. Everyone was tremendous on keeping me updated, scheduling, directions, etc. Great experience.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions, such as describe a time when x happened, how did you handle it, then there were technical questions as well. Pretty standard, nothing hugely surprising or off the wall. The technical questions were difficult, but being prepared and practicing ahead of time really helped. Be prepared by having scenarios ready to go with you, and make them relevant to the job. Don't be afraid to say I don't know. Just be honest and natural, if you get to the interview part, there is obviously something they see if you, so just be yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I attended a Super Hire Day for interviews. On that day, close to 20 people interviewed for finance positions all throughout the company. You interviewed with 5 different hiring managers each for 45 minutes. Long day. The interviews were STAR based: situation, action, outcome, etc.

Interview Questions

• Presented a financial situation and you had to state what would the general ledger accounts (debit/credit) that would be impacted.   Answer Question

I was presented with a better offer at another company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (New Brunswick, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

1. Interview at Recruiting Event- Very relaxed environment, behavioral questions walked through resume.(30 minutes, Easy) 2. Phone screen interview-discuss current role and salary requirements (30 minutes, Extremely Easy) 3. In-person/Skype Interview with 3 finance mangers and 1 HR finance recruiter- walked through resume and behavioral questions with some technical.(Medium)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raritan, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (Raritan, NJ) in December 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Initial interview over phone with company recruiter. Then scheduled an onsite interview a week later but it was to interview for two jobs. At the closure of the interview I was told by the hiring manager I would hear next steps from our recruiter. Unfortunately I did not receive any follow up or even a generic system generated email saying the job was closed or filled. Later through networking I found out that these jobs are generally for employees that are part of the fldp program but they post externally to pull in outside people as fillers. Overall I would not recommend wasting your time unless you are unemployed and desperate for a job. Recruiting was highly unprofessional and do not recognize the time candidates put in to interview onsite. Based on how this employer treats candidates it is indicative of how they treat their employees. Funny thing is a year later the same recruiting member called asking if I wanted to apply for jobs and come in for an onsite interview. No thank you JNJ. Unfortunately I only lost one vacation day and I am not wasting anymore time.

Interview Questions

• Focused on soft skills and was less about technical skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (New Brunswick, NJ) in May 2013.

Interview

J&J does a standard interview process for internal moves. Behavioral and prior experience interview approach. For external hires, the process is definitely more in-depth as there is less to go on than an internal candidate. The interviews are not meant to trip candidates up. It is important to have a clear "why J&J" answer and to make sure that you understand what J&J is all about. It is a great company, and a company that cares.

Interview Questions

• Standard tell me about a time when...   1 Answer