Johnson & Johnson Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Johnson & Johnson Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Nov 26, 2016

2.6

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (New Brunswick, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

This review just for the Video Interview part of the process. I am currently still going through the process and a week after applying, I was contacted to submit a video interview using InterviewStream. There are 7 pre-recorded questions and you have two additional tries if you are not satisfied with your answer. It consisted of 6 behavioral and 1 technical question, I have listed 4 behavioral and 1 technical below.

Interview Questions

• What is a reversing entry and how is it used?   Answer Question
  • What is an accomplishment you're proud of and why?   Answer Question
  • What is a time you had to deliver a message to a co-worker that upset them?   Answer Question
  • What is a time you gave feedback to a co-worker or direct report and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
  • What is a time you took responsibility for a mistake and what happened?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Johnson & Johnson

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (New Brunswick, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

Initial video interview. Called for additional screening by HR about 4 weeks later. Invited to interview day with roughly 10 other individuals to interview for a number of Senior Financial Analyst positions. Verbal offers extended day after interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you you had to overcome a challenge and how you displayed leadership?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson in February 2016.

Interview

I received a phone call and email from a recruiter about a six month contract role. The recruiter told me that had a position for a financial analyst paying $26.00 per hour, I replied that I wasn't interested and my background was on a senior level - managerial, the rate would be considerably below my requirement. The recruiter sent another email offering $38.00 then followed up with several phone calls.

Interview Questions

• the only questions asked were are you ok with the rate?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (New Brunswick, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with a recruiter. Very basic questions, trying to see if you have the required skills of the position and are able to communicate effectively. Then moved to meeting hiring manager and interviewing with him and another manager. Was called to come back in for another interview and submit my references. Next interview was with a director and another director from another business unit. Interviewed with 4 people, 2 each time. Everyone was tremendous on keeping me updated, scheduling, directions, etc. Great experience.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions, such as describe a time when x happened, how did you handle it, then there were technical questions as well. Pretty standard, nothing hugely surprising or off the wall. The technical questions were difficult, but being prepared and practicing ahead of time really helped. Be prepared by having scenarios ready to go with you, and make them relevant to the job. Don't be afraid to say I don't know. Just be honest and natural, if you get to the interview part, there is obviously something they see if you, so just be yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I attended a Super Hire Day for interviews. On that day, close to 20 people interviewed for finance positions all throughout the company. You interviewed with 5 different hiring managers each for 45 minutes. Long day. The interviews were STAR based: situation, action, outcome, etc.

Interview Questions

• Presented a financial situation and you had to state what would the general ledger accounts (debit/credit) that would be impacted.   Answer Question

I was presented with a better offer at another company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (New Brunswick, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

1. Interview at Recruiting Event- Very relaxed environment, behavioral questions walked through resume.(30 minutes, Easy) 2. Phone screen interview-discuss current role and salary requirements (30 minutes, Extremely Easy) 3. In-person/Skype Interview with 3 finance mangers and 1 HR finance recruiter- walked through resume and behavioral questions with some technical.(Medium)

Interview Questions

• What is return on investment? Do you know the formula?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raritan, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (Raritan, NJ) in December 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Initial interview over phone with company recruiter. Then scheduled an onsite interview a week later but it was to interview for two jobs. At the closure of the interview I was told by the hiring manager I would hear next steps from our recruiter. Unfortunately I did not receive any follow up or even a generic system generated email saying the job was closed or filled. Later through networking I found out that these jobs are generally for employees that are part of the fldp program but they post externally to pull in outside people as fillers. Overall I would not recommend wasting your time unless you are unemployed and desperate for a job. Recruiting was highly unprofessional and do not recognize the time candidates put in to interview onsite. Based on how this employer treats candidates it is indicative of how they treat their employees. Funny thing is a year later the same recruiting member called asking if I wanted to apply for jobs and come in for an onsite interview. No thank you JNJ. Unfortunately I only lost one vacation day and I am not wasting anymore time.

Interview Questions

• Focused on soft skills and was less about technical skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (New Brunswick, NJ) in May 2013.

Interview

J&J does a standard interview process for internal moves. Behavioral and prior experience interview approach. For external hires, the process is definitely more in-depth as there is less to go on than an internal candidate. The interviews are not meant to trip candidates up. It is important to have a clear "why J&J" answer and to make sure that you understand what J&J is all about. It is a great company, and a company that cares.

Interview Questions

• Standard tell me about a time when...   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raritan, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (Raritan, NJ) in July 2011.

Interview

Someone from recruiting contacted me and set up an introduction interview with 3 finance leaders. This interview was done in Pennsylvania and it is to see if you measure up to the standards of Johnson & Johnson. The interviewers also gauge your talent and experiences, and recommend specific jobs for you to interview with to see if you can land a position. After I successfully completed the introduction interview, I was given a list of about 7 potential jobs. I went on about 4 interviews, and was offered the job. From the start when the recruiter contacted me to the job offer was approximately 90 days.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. I was asked multiple times how I handled a situation where I made a mistake and how I fixed the error.   Answer Question

When the recruiter contact me we discussed the salary range I was expecting as well as other perks such as vacation and sign on bonus. He said the range, vacation and sign on bonus are within the ranges of the positions at the level in which I was applying. When I finally received an offer, the salary was $15k under the low end of the range I had given. There was also no sign on bonus, and they would not budge on extra vacation. From my experience in pharma, 3 weeks is the standard, with an extra 3 days given after 5 years. JnJ would not budge and only offered 2 weeks vacation, even though I had a total of 6 professional years experience.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson in April 2009.

Interview

Interviewed with 6 employees ranging from Corporate Controller to a fresh Senior finiancial analyst. The interviews were a breeze. But Johnson and Johnson were looking for a someone with accounting experience which i didnt have. plus they thought i was too aggresive and wouldnt fit their culture.