Johnson & Johnson Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated May 1, 2017

2.9

33 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

Interview

I had high expectations given that J&J are highlighted as being an ethical company. However, the interview process was rather disorganised. The interview dates and location got changed with little notice and interview was unstructured without any notes taken or set questions. A phone interview was also launched on the inital call when they replied to my application which did not allow any time for prep. It was then a 1:1 face to face interview but it would have been impossible for them to compare candidates fairly since all that was asked was talk me through your CV. But every applicant would have a different CV and they do not ask the same questions to assess concrete evidence in the process and took no notes at the interview. This allows for a lot of bias particularly as no other interviewer was present. Overall it gave an impression of not really knowing what or who they wanted to hire and felt like my time was not valued which was a real shame given the reviews from employees are good on this site. Ironically the job has now been re-opened after a little few weeks break for the same role! So perhaps this process meant the loss of lots of good other candidates to.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

Interview

I applied through their website. The first person from HR was very polite during the application process, but the second person who did a 20 min interview was a bit assertive and asking one question after the other with no time to breathe. Maybe she was rushing to go somewhere. The manager of the department was very nice but had lots of technical problems with his laptop and the connection.

Interview Questions

• How does our CREDO relate to you?
      What are you planning to do in 5 years time?
      and all the standard questions about your strengths, weaknesses, what you can offer to the team. etc....
      Make sure you read the CREDO and do some research of the company before to be prepared.   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

Interview

Phone interview with HR followed by face to face interview with hiring managers. 3 interviewers who weren't sure of the job as they had several openings. Confused approach. Withdrew from process.

Regulatory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (Reading, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Telephone screen with HR, Skype with 2 managers and final interview with same managers via video conference on J&J site.
    No personel contact throughout the process. All via technology.
    Same people at each stage. Questions were situational in STAR format. Relaxing enviroment. Interviewers were friendly. Feedback suggested that you need to be proactive in the interview and anticipate what they want you to cover. You need to get techinical information into your behavioural responses.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you implemented a new process
      Tell me about a time when you managed a project team   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

Interview

Online application with CV and competency questions, followed by a automated video interview with timed answers, followed by a half day assessment centre which included a group task, interview and presentation. Overall the process lasted for about 2 months and was relatively smooth and transparent.

Digital Innovation Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of 3 rounds:
    1) Video interview
    2) 1:1 and group exercise
    3) Presentation to senior management team

The video interview is strange for the interviewer but very helpful to the recruiter and recruiting manager (I was told). A question will pop up on the screen, you are given a minute to process it and then a minute to record your answer.

The 1:1 and group exercise is like any standard corporate interview stage. Johnson & Johnson are very friendly and made a very good impression on me when I arrived.

My internship was slightly unique and I'm not sure if this stage is standard, however, it was required to do a presentation (fairly standard interview process) to the senior management team, who were very friendly but asked some tough open-ended questions.

Interview Questions

• Why Johnson & Johnson / What made you apply to Johnson & Johnson?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Always negotiate and never accept the first offer. I was able to negotiate a higher intern salary.

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson in February 2016.

Interview

It was an automated interview, as in you read a question that pops on to the screen, you have a minute or so to read and prepare for it, then another 1-2 minutes to answer. There were a total of 9 question and total time of about 30 minutes to complete the whole process.
    Overall it was a positive experience, although it was quite unnatural talking to a screen with your webcam on without anybody on the other side, I guess it gives you time to scribble and think about your answer.

Interview Questions

• Why J&J?, What is it that appeals to you?", "Why the position you are applying, what about it appeals to you?", "Why have you chose you uni course? And not just the qualification reasons", "In your opinion, how do you think J&J has achieved what it has achieved over the last years", can't remember any more, but at the end you have 2 minutes to basically sell yourself as a prospective candidate as well.   Answer Question

Finance Placement Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

Interview

I applied online for the Finance Placement. I completed the Numerical Reasoning Test and I was then invited to a video interview. Before I managed to be invited for the video interview, I had to wait almost 1 month. The whole process took 3 months.

Interview Questions

• Why Finance? Tell me about one time when you had to face a difficult decision? They mainly asked me behavioural questions.   Answer Question

Finance Placement Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson in January 2016.

Interview

Applied through fast track at my university. Then had to complete a numerical test this was followed by a video interview. The video interview itself is competency based and lasts for about 20minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why Johnson&Johnson? Why Finance? Why do you choose your course? Describe a time when you have achieved a goal   Answer Question

Finance Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Numerical test at university, video interview then assessment centre. Whole process was okay, however didn't receive an offer. Assessment centre included group exercise and presentation. Numerical test was simple with low pass boundary, and the video interview was very simple, asked questions about university and course etc. Group exercise fairly straightforward and interview had some challenging questions but simple enough to answer if prepared. Questions are competency based. Whole process took about 2 months.