Johnson & Wales University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Johnson & Wales University Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2017

2.6

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Johnson & Wales University.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted three days later asking for a phone interview for the next day. I found it odd that the phone interview was taking place during a lunch hour. I was contacted five minutes late and one of the two interviewers had a somewhat arrogant attitude throughout the interview. She gave a sarcastic apology about calling late because according to her, that's what happens when you do phone interviews. Let's just say I knew the minute I heard her name, it was going to be a bogus interview because she knew a former co-worker at my last employer.

She kept talking down to me and saying things I felt were a way to insult or antagonize me. I thought it was funny how she said I would have to be taught a few things regarding technology even though I graduated from a college that specializes in it and I have 20 years of experience using it, but seeing as how I graduated so long ago, things have changed and she was sure I would need to be trained. She also said in a snotty tone I would be working w/people who had doctorates and such, as if to say I'd be working with people who were much smarter than me.

She told me they would be contacting people for a face to face the following week and having them come in the week after that and wanted someone to start immediately the beginning of February. Since she just told me what I wanted to know I didn't have any questions, but she kept asking if I had any questions. What else should I have asked in a preliminary phone interview? Aren't you supposed to ask the important questions during the face to face?

I never heard back and trust me, I was fine with that. Not only did Miss Personality waste my time with her rude and bogus interview, I also read so many bad reviews on this site about what a terrible place it is to work.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us about a time when you worked with different personalities?   1 Answer

Faculty - Associate Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Wales University (Charlotte, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

Average process with a search panel. One thing I will say is that during my teaching demo, one of the search committee members was on their cellphone the ENTIRE time---literally from before I started to the end. At first I thought it was a practicum in classroom management but realized that person really was just being rude. How can that person give me a fair score let alone a good one? Ultimately the position was cancelled, but it just showed me that there are some unfair selection processes in the search committee.

Interview Questions

• What was one time in your personal or professional life when things really went right? And a time things went really wrong? How do you use these experiences to related with your students?   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Johnson & Wales University (North Miami, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

They ask a lot about who you knew on campus as far as important people... How give directions if people were trying to get to another place. It was basic questions about my major and how that would help with giving tour around campus. Responsibilities of working in the wildcat center. The importance of having everyone sign in.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want this job? Why would I be a good fit?   1 Answer

Technical Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson & Wales University (Providence, RI) in March 2016.

Interview

Hiring process includes interview questions such as, telling about yourself. Other questions asked during interview are Audio Video troubleshooting/Knowledge, Network troubleshooting/Knowledge, Wireless internet and LAN . Other questions include about windows OS and Microsoft Office. Printer troubleshooting Printing knowledge and Computer hardware and software knowledge is a must. The person should be familiar with computer hardware.

Interview Questions

• They ask about your strengths weakness and opportunities   Answer Question

Financial Planning Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Interview

Phone interview took several weeks, then the process went week to week thereafter. Met with director and staff interviewed as a panel. Took a personality quiz then met with Operations.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Wales University (Providence, RI) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was required to provide 1 letter of reference. Candidates are also required to write a personal statement. Approximately 2 weeks later, I received an email requesting an in-person interview. Three members of residential life (one current GA) conducted a panel interview. They asked several questions about experience and how you would handle xyz situation.

Interview Questions

• What is student engagement to you? What role do you think a GA plays? How would you speak to a parent? How do you see yourself handling conflict?   Answer Question

Admissions Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Johnson & Wales University (Denver, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online, promptly interviewed over the phone, then was invited for an in office interview and presentation. The presentation was only 3-5 minutes, and then I had a meeting with the admissions director and the assistant director.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel comfortable doing culinary demonstrations?   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Wales University (Providence, RI) in July 2015.

Interview

There were two professors interviewing me. Well, from the beginning, some basic personal information, and some behavior questions. Then some job-related questions later, brief introduction about this position. A little bit chatting actually. And talk about the work schedules in the end.

Interview Questions

• Q: what are the difficulty you have been through in your life and how you encounter it?   Answer Question

Admissions Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson & Wales University.

Interview

Asked a lot of good questions, stated they would call back but never did. The had more than one person in the room interviewing over the speaker phone so it made it very difficult to hear what each person was saying or to know exactly who you were talking to.

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Johnson & Wales University (Denver, CO) in August 2014.

Interview

I met one of the interviewers on LinkedIn and requested an intevriew. Met with him and another director once for about an hour; they were both lovely and personable. I was offered a position; began 3 months later for a p/t job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The school pays a flat rate for teaching classes (at least to female instructors, and no negotiation was allowed)