Johnson & Wales University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Johnson & Wales University

2.5

Sort:

Admissions Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson & Wales University.

Interview

Asked a lot of good questions, stated they would call back but never did. The had more than one person in the room interviewing over the speaker phone so it made it very difficult to hear what each person was saying or to know exactly who you were talking to.

Admissions Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Johnson & Wales University (Denver, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online, promptly interviewed over the phone, then was invited for an in office interview and presentation. The presentation was only 3-5 minutes, and then I had a meeting with the admissions director and the assistant director.

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Wales University (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Phone interview, basic questions: Talk about yourself, where do you want to be in _ years _ years? Ultimate Goal. In person interview, 2 people in depth questions about strengths and experiences. Basic stuff. Nothing new. 1 week intensive training in Providence, RI.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None. Take it or leave it.

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Johnson & Wales University (Denver, CO) in August 2014.

Interview

I met one of the interviewers on LinkedIn and requested an intevriew. Met with him and another director once for about an hour; they were both lovely and personable. I was offered a position; began 3 months later for a p/t job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The school pays a flat rate for teaching classes (at least to female instructors, and no negotiation was allowed)

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Johnson & Wales University.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted three days later asking for a phone interview for the next day. I found it odd that the phone interview was taking place during a lunch hour. I was contacted five minutes late and one of the two interviewers had a somewhat arrogant attitude throughout the interview. She gave a sarcastic apology about calling late because according to her, that's what happens when you do phone interviews. Let's just say I knew the minute I heard her name, it was going to be a bogus interview because she knew a former co-worker at my last employer.

She kept talking down to me and saying things I felt were a way to insult or antagonize me. I thought it was funny how she said I would have to be taught a few things regarding technology even though I graduated from a college that specializes in it and I have 20 years of experience using it, but seeing as how I graduated so long ago, things have changed and she was sure I would need to be trained. She also said in a snotty tone I would be working w/people who had doctorates and such, as if to say I'd be working with people who were much smarter than me.

She told me they would be contacting people for a face to face the following week and having them come in the week after that and wanted someone to start immediately the beginning of February. Since she just told me what I wanted to know I didn't have any questions, but she kept asking if I had any questions. What else should I have asked in a preliminary phone interview? Aren't you supposed to ask the important questions during the face to face?

I never heard back and trust me, I was fine with that. Not only did Miss Personality waste my time with her rude and bogus interview, I also read so many bad reviews on this site about what a terrible place it is to work.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us about a time when you worked with different personalities?   1 Answer

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Wales University (Providence, RI) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was required to provide 1 letter of reference. Candidates are also required to write a personal statement. Approximately 2 weeks later, I received an email requesting an in-person interview. Three members of residential life (one current GA) conducted a panel interview. They asked several questions about experience and how you would handle xyz situation.

Interview Questions

• What is student engagement to you? What role do you think a GA plays? How would you speak to a parent? How do you see yourself handling conflict?   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Wales University (Providence, RI) in February 2014.

Interview

Great. On the phone. There were 3 people who asked me questions and I answered thoroughly. It was great. I enjoyed the questions and the people were friendly. I got to use my thinking juices and they definitely listened and loved great examples.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a parent notification?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson & Wales University (Providence, RI) in January 2016.

Interview

It was easy and comfortable. The process started with the dean his assistant and an admin asking me about my school work and background. Then I was called back for a second interview . It was easy because I knew the people from seeing them around campus.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good candidate for this job?   1 Answer

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Johnson & Wales University.

Interview

Quick met with one person who would be my direct boss. Everyone was very nice and friendly made me felt welcomed and comfortable. Series of email exchanged and in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel comfortable speaking on the phone and asking for money?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Wales University (Providence, RI) in July 2015.

Interview

There were two professors interviewing me. Well, from the beginning, some basic personal information, and some behavior questions. Then some job-related questions later, brief introduction about this position. A little bit chatting actually. And talk about the work schedules in the end.

Interview Questions

• Q: what are the difficulty you have been through in your life and how you encounter it?   Answer Question