Joie de Vivre Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Joie de Vivre Interview Questions

2.6

Server Interview

Interview

Referred by the hiring manager. Hiring process was lengthy, I had a total of 4 interviews, the last one being with the General Manager of the hotel. The questions were general, mostly about previous work experience and situational questions relating back to good judgment.

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Joie de Vivre (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was easy and the front desk manager was very friendly. The process started with a phone interview, then I received a call from the manager directly regarding a 1 on 1 interview. After a week, I went to the hotel and did the interview. The overall of the interview was great, it was about 30 mins, I was doing an interview with the manager directly and people services manager, the process went very well and the interview was quite easy and very friendly. I accepted the offer a week later by phone call from the manager, but I had to decline due to personal reason.

Interview Questions

• If you have to experience a complaint from the guest, what would you do?   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Joie de Vivre (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The front office manager called me and wanted to set up an interview the following week .The interview process was very friendly and fast. It took about 30 minutes interviewed with the front office manager. The next day I interviewed with an HR Manager.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I was interested in the hospitality industry. They asked me what type of guest Services training.   Answer Question

Executive Chef Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Joie de Vivre (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

I got a phone interview first and then one on one interview,the interviewer was the food and beverage director and the GM was present too,a 45 minutes questionare.
    They Asked me about my last job and about my personality,I had a few problems to solve for them and they gave me the job description.
    I had a few minutes to ask question and they answered.
    Their staff seems nice,the Hotel has a great location,they are part a well recognized hotel group.
    The interviewer made me wait four one hour but the staff was helpful and tried to make me feel like home.

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Interview

I got to the interview and waited for the manager to get me. I got to talk to the general manager, and he was super chill to talk to. The experience was casual and got to have a friendly talk with the general manager.

Interview Questions

• If you were to make a shirt that describes you, what would it be?   Answer Question

Front Desk Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Joie de Vivre (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

First it started with meeting the front desk manager, and going over my past work history and current availability, and what options of schedule I would be interested in, in terms of part-time or full-time. He also asked me why I was interested in working with their company, what skills I can contribute to their team, and also gave me some problem scenarios and asked me how I would fix them. The general manager also came to speak to me and introduced himself and the company and their goals. He also asked me a few questions to get to know me, and also informed me what they expect in terms of how employees should conduct themselves in their workplace and how it should also comply and boost the company's goals.

Interview Questions

• If a guest was unhappy with their stay, what would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did a good job, and was pretty satisfied with the offer so it went quite smoothly.