Joliet Junior College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Joliet Junior College

2.4

Peer Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Joliet Junior College (Joliet, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

It was very laid back and informal. I was interviewed by the coordinator for the academic skills center in his office. He asked a few standard interview questions and reviewed my transcripts to see what classes I was qualified to tutor. He also had previously asked for a letter of recommendation from a teacher at the school and this was also taken into account during the process.

Interview Questions

• Q: Can you think of a time when you faced a difficult task and how you overcame it?   1 Answer

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Joliet Junior College (Joliet, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Was fairly relaxed, more of an informal conversation rather than back and forth Q&A. I also received a tour of the facility and met key people in the department. They were very good about answering all of the questions that I had about the job.

Interview Questions

• What is my teaching style, have I worked with students from many diverse backgrounds?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Joliet Junior College.

Interview

Had to take MS Office test, typing test, and writing sample. After that, had a phone interview with the search committee. Then, face to face interview with 6 people in the room. All behavioral questions and it was like a police interrogation.

Interview Questions

• All of them are tough behavioral questions which do NOT prove the person can do the job. Nothing was asked about my skills, past employment, or what I can do.   Answer Question

English Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Joliet Junior College in April 2014.

Interview

Holy cow. Here was my day: 9:30- meet Dean. Then go wander around for two hours. 11:30- write a paper, take a grammar test. Go wander around for two hours. Meet someone else. 3:30- finally, interview time! I'm exhausted and the process is rigid. Everything feels uncomfortable. They only had six questions for me and expected me to fill up a whole hour answering them. 4:30- give a teaching presentation. Hiring board won't turn the camera filming my teaching presentation (for someone?) towards the overhead that I'm using, because the other candidates have used the white board. So essentially they refused to film my teaching presentation. Meanwhile, hiring committee pretends to be students... by loudly interrupting me, working to get me off topic, making fun of me, texting and giggling, etc. It was terrible. If these are how their students behave, I wouldn't touch their classrooms with a ten foot pole.

Interview Questions

• Their questions themselves weren't hard but were perhaps telling that their student population is rough: "How would you extend your professional development?" "Describe a time you had a bad experience with a student, and what you did wrong, and what you'd do differently now. Describe a time you had a bad experience with a student, but did something right." "How would you promote diversity?" "What would you do if someone angrily went over your head and went to the Dean about your teaching practices?"   Answer Question

Because Yikes!

Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Joliet Junior College (Joliet, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview was very lengthy and they ask somewhat hard questions that make you have to think. There were three interviewers and they each took turns asking questions, it seemed to take forever and made me very nervous with the Commander and Chief asking questions.

Interview Questions

• What makes you better for this position than our other candidates?   1 Answer

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Joliet Junior College (Joliet, IL) in August 2018.

Interview

There wasn't a phone interview. Just a call from the department manager. My in-person interview was a group interview with 5 other people. All ladies. I sent thank you emails to each of the interviewers, but t was another 3 weeks of waiting before getting the dreaded email.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of how you averted a disaster?   1 Answer

Joliet Junior College Response

Jun 17, 2019 – Employment & HR Shared Services Coord.

Thank you for taking the time to provide this review. We take your feedback very seriously and will be sure to relay this information to the appropriate leadership teams.

Adm Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Joliet Junior College in June 2014.

Interview

Just the same as any large company, a little bit of telephone tag but then had an individual interview, then a committee interview, all went well and I believe it was very timely.

Interview Questions

• Lots to do on job description, however, job is part time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No problem at all.

Receptionist/Secretary Interview

Interview

Interviewed for the position and it went very well. Very professionally held and I scored very high on testing. I was overqualified for the position though felt it would be a great fit. No call back, no email, nothing. Even though I was told I would hear back either way. Very unprofessional in the end.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where a public dignitary came in and wanted to speak with someone who wasn't there?   Answer Question

Psychology Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Joliet Junior College (Joliet, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

I walked into the Academic Skills Center at JJC and spoke with the woman in charge. I told her about my interest in tutoring and asked if they were hiring. She spoke with me for a while and then asked me to apply online and email her my cover letter. The process was very easy. After applying I basically got the formal offer, which I accepted.

Server/Houseman Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Joliet Junior College in June 2010.

Interview

I applied online, and got a call which surprised me. When I was in the interview, it was almost as if I had the job. I would hardly even call it an interview to be honest. After that she just told me what I would be doing and put me on the schedule and that was about it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was nothing really to negotiate in my case. If you get an offer and you need a starter job to step up to other server jobs, I would except it. It can also provide you with some pretty good money especially if your working and in school at the same time.