Jones|Carter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jones|Carter.

Interview

I was contacted by text after submitting a resume and visiting the company at a career fair and scheduled an interview at a university career center for later that week. Interview itself was less than an hour with all behavioral/personal questions. Heard back by e-mail a few weeks later

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Jones|Carter (Lubbock, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I talked to the Jones and Carter recruiters at the college career fair at Texas Tech University and was texted later that for an interview. I did the first round interview the next day and was to wait for about a two weeks for a reply.

Interview Questions

• What kind of employment environment would you like to work in?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jones|Carter (Houston, TX).

Interview

They asked me really good questions that probed into my skills. They actually used skill instead of a textbook on interviewing to chat with me. I didn't get the typical, "What is your greatest weakness" question. What I got was a description of the situation and a question about what I can do to help. This was both smart and a relief to really get to the root of my skills to see if I was a fit for them and that they were a fit for me.

I also interviewed with multiple people, which I enjoyed. The process wasn't easy, but it was thorough and fair.

Interview Questions

• What can you do to help with x situation? What is your strategy?   Answer Question

Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jones|Carter (Houston, TX) in December 2010.

Interview

I received a call from a former co-worker and decided to submit my resume. I was brought in the office for an initial interview with my future manager and a few corporate members. After the initial interview, a second interview was held with a future co-worker and a different office location manager.

Interview Questions

• What was once thing you wish you could change from your previous employer and how would you change it? And Why did you not accept our original offer 4 years ago?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jones|Carter (Houston, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

The interview process went rather smoothly. I had a three part interview for the intern position. The first was with the man who would be my boss. He asked me basic interview questions and gave me a run down of very basic responsibilities that I would have. The next interview was with the same man and a woman. I think the woman was supposed to make me feel more comfortable but her presence had the opposite effect. She was very abrasive to be part of the interview process. The last interview was with my boss' boss. He was a VERY intimidating man. He waited a long time before asking me my first question which wasn't a question at all, "Tell me about yourself" is the most awful interview question. It gives you a very fine line to walk between telling too much and not enough. After the initial statement things went more smoothly and he told me they would be in touch. I received an offer letter the following week.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jones|Carter (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

They have a multi-phase interview process. First I did a phone interview and skills testing. Then I was brought in to interview with a recruiter. The final interview was with the individuals I would be reporting to and because I am in administration also the individual who I would be reporting indirectly to.

Interview Questions

• They asked how I would feel about working for a smaller company as my previous experience was with large corporations.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jones|Carter (Austin, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Quick, with straight forward questions that a normal employer would ask such as "Describe an experience you had to show leadership?" "Tell me about this work expedience on your resume"

Interview Questions

• "Do you think your GPA accurately reflects your work ethic in college?"   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jones|Carter (Houston, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

My interviewing process was enjoyable, I met with the hiring manager, the direct team as well as leadership. Everyone asked very thoughtful questions and it has been a great fit!

Entry Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jones|Carter in December 2012.

Interview

Talked to a single P.E. He started by asking me questions about my resume and what classes I had taken while in school. He then talked slightly about the position that they were looking to fill. It was a standard interview.

Entry Level Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Jones|Carter (Baton Rouge, LA) in September 2017.

Interview

I talked with Jones/Carter at my campus career fair and immediately received an interview for the next day on campus. Interview lasted about 30 minutes and was one-on-one with an employee in their HR department. The interview was very relaxed and asked some interesting questions mostly geared towards personality. None of the questions were too difficult to answer.