Jones|Carter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jones|Carter Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2017

1. Featured Interview

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jones|Carter.

Interview

I was contacted by text after submitting a resume and visiting the company at a career fair and scheduled an interview at a university career center for later that week. Interview itself was less than an hour with all behavioral/personal questions. Heard back by e-mail a few weeks later

Entry Level Transportation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Jones|Carter (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I was picked fro on-campus recruiting, then they brought me out to Houston to interview with about 15 other graduating seniors. Very relaxed, no tough questions. Just know some great talking points to show how you stand out. They seemed welcoming, but I was disappointed when I didn't get an email saying I did/didn't get the job even after a follow-up email.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jones|Carter (Houston, TX).

Interview

They asked me really good questions that probed into my skills. They actually used skill instead of a textbook on interviewing to chat with me. I didn't get the typical, "What is your greatest weakness" question. What I got was a description of the situation and a question about what I can do to help. This was both smart and a relief to really get to the root of my skills to see if I was a fit for them and that they were a fit for me.

I also interviewed with multiple people, which I enjoyed. The process wasn't easy, but it was thorough and fair.

Interview Questions

• What can you do to help with x situation? What is your strategy?   Answer Question

Business & Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jones|Carter (Houston, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

The person I was interviewing with kept me waiting for over 30 minutes. This should have been my first clue. Then during the interview the interviewer was not making eye contact with me.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate your Excel skills?   1 Answer

Negotiation

All of the negotiation was handled through the recruiter. The company initially offered a number upfront and I countered with the level of compensation I believed was sufficient for this role.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jones|Carter (Austin, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Quick, with straight forward questions that a normal employer would ask such as "Describe an experience you had to show leadership?" "Tell me about this work expedience on your resume"

Interview Questions

• "Do you think your GPA accurately reflects your work ethic in college?"   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jones|Carter (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

They have a multi-phase interview process. First I did a phone interview and skills testing. Then I was brought in to interview with a recruiter. The final interview was with the individuals I would be reporting to and because I am in administration also the individual who I would be reporting indirectly to.

Interview Questions

• They asked how I would feel about working for a smaller company as my previous experience was with large corporations.   Answer Question

Entry Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jones|Carter in December 2012.

Interview

Talked to a single P.E. He started by asking me questions about my resume and what classes I had taken while in school. He then talked slightly about the position that they were looking to fill. It was a standard interview.

Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jones|Carter (Houston, TX) in December 2010.

Interview

I received a call from a former co-worker and decided to submit my resume. I was brought in the office for an initial interview with my future manager and a few corporate members. After the initial interview, a second interview was held with a future co-worker and a different office location manager.

Interview Questions

• What was once thing you wish you could change from your previous employer and how would you change it? And Why did you not accept our original offer 4 years ago?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jones|Carter (Houston, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

The interview process went rather smoothly. I had a three part interview for the intern position. The first was with the man who would be my boss. He asked me basic interview questions and gave me a run down of very basic responsibilities that I would have. The next interview was with the same man and a woman. I think the woman was supposed to make me feel more comfortable but her presence had the opposite effect. She was very abrasive to be part of the interview process. The last interview was with my boss' boss. He was a VERY intimidating man. He waited a long time before asking me my first question which wasn't a question at all, "Tell me about yourself" is the most awful interview question. It gives you a very fine line to walk between telling too much and not enough. After the initial statement things went more smoothly and he told me they would be in touch. I received an offer letter the following week.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jones|Carter in October 2011.

Interview

After a phone interview, an in-person interview was scheduled. The interviewers from HR were very friendly and asked the basic questions. I then interviewed with the department manager, who I had met before. I took a computer skills test on a computer with an odd set-up. I was scheduled to meet the company president on a different day. This meeting was a little more stiff and formal but went well. I was later scheduled for a final meeting with the company president, but an offer was not extended right away. An additional meeting with the company president was scheduled a few weeks later, when an offer was extended and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 to 10 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was only able to negotiate salary. When considering an offer here, please know that the office hours are not flexible for most people. The health benefits and 401(k) management are very good and the ability to maintain an engineering license is very easy.