Journal Register Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Journal Register

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pontiac, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Journal Register (Pontiac, MI).

Interview

I was interviewed by two people. It was very professional and went well.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Correspondent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Journal Register (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I saw an ad in the paper for a correspondent. I brought my "clips" and resume to drop off. The secretary gave it to the editor and he wanted to see me right then. I was hired.

Interview Questions

• I was with my very young children in tote at the interview since I was expecting to be interview. He told me that I could bring my children to work assignment and if anyone had a problem with that see him. He said was I alright with that?   1 Answer

Negotiation

We just negotiated when my assignments would be due and the word length.

Reporter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Journal Register.

Interview

I applied online and heard back within a reasonable amount of time (about a week or so). Through email we quickly scheduled an interview. The interview itself was laid back. We chatted about my past experience and went into further details of the position - standard stuff. At the end of the interview, the editor discussed the salary because it was quite low and she wanted to be fair to applicants by letting them know, which I did appreciate. Overall, it was a pleasant interview experience and I enjoyed speaking with the editor.

Interview Questions