Journeys Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 10, 2017

2.0

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Angelo, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Journeys (San Angelo, TX).

Interview

Two people interviewed me at the same time. They asked me a ton of behavioral interview questions. I know they were just reading from a list of questions and asking all of them on there. Then we discussed compensation and I told them I did not want to be paid commission. We ended the interview and that was it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Journeys

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Journeys in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was very brief an not very throughouh at all. Most of the questions that were asked had very little to do with what i actually preformed on the job. I was also surprised to see that I met the manager that I was more dressed for an interview then he was.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite animal?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Journeys in April 2014.

Interview

Applied for an Asst. Manager position. Got called in for an 'informal' meeting. After talking with the Store Manager I was told that they don't hire outside for managers, they start at floor level & then work their way up the ranks because it takes too much time & effort to train new people as management.

Anonymous Employee in Panama City Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Journeys (Panama City Beach, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview went well. The ASM was nice. He asked me all the necessary questions to the job. He made me feel comfortable. I was able to communicate with him very well.

Interview Questions

• He asked me have I ever had a customer I couldn't please?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I interviewed at Journeys (Albuquerque, NM) in July 2013.

Interview

It was very amateurish. It's to be expected as we are all just starting out. It is a great stepping stone for someone who is looking to move on to bigger companies.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you went above and beyond for customers?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Journeys in January 2012.

Interview

The interview was pleasent. I was interviewed by the area manager. She was really nice. She really liked me and the interview was pretty casual. She liked my experience and the fact I was educated. She wanted something different. Then she wanted me to go international for the company after 6 months, and even suggested that I should go into the legal team for the company in the future if I desired to attend law school (That's what I want to do in the near future). My problem was the schedule. I liked the fact it was a chill and relaxed job, but it just wasn't for me. I was offered the position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• If we hire you, do you plan to have a career with the company?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in the next few years with Journey's or our other brands?   Answer Question

It really wasn't going to be enough pay. They pay based on commission. It was a risk. Plus, I had school and I was offered a better position from another company that I could see myself going further.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Journeys in May 2011.

Interview

I went online, applied for a job at Journeys.
    I got a phone call the next day and they told me they wanted to interview me.
    I accepted the offer.
    They called me back, and told me the interview would take place a different location.
    I went to that specific location, and I told them I am there for a interview, and they all seemed puzzled, like they were not expecting me. :/

They made me fill out an application, and something else that shows what kind of person you are ... like are you quiet, this and that.. blah blah. I filled that out too.

Then we sat down at the food court with the manager, and she asked me what I did at my previous job, and why I want to work at Journeys and stuff like that.

They also told me they work commission.

NO thanks ;)

Interview Questions

I didnt want to work commission, and I dont think I would like to work in that environment.