Journeys Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 14, 2017

1.9

131 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in York, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Journeys (York, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

The process was a good one. I applied like a month ago but I called so they knew I was interested still. I was called in for a group interview. They asked us like 3 questions and we had to “sell” our favorite shoe. All around good experience, I started working in the same week.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Journeys

Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Journeys (Novi, MI) in August 2017.

Interview

Usually it's a group interview the first time and if they call you back it'll be a one on one. But it was swift and easy. I got the job in the end.

Interview Questions

• What's the main goal of your job?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Journeys in August 2017.

Interview

I called the store and asked if they got my application and they set up and interview for me. It went by really fast and I thought it went well. They said they'd call me within 24 hours and it's been a week and no call....

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Journeys (Aurora, CO).

Interview

Very Easy interview less than 6 minutes with store manager Even told me most interviews wont be as easy. Only asked me 3-4 questions. As long as you dress the part and know yourself you've got it.

Anonymous Employee in North Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Journeys (North Little Rock, AR) in July 2017.

Interview

Wasn't really a sit down interview. Called the manager on the phone to check on status of application & she said to come in & talk to her. Went in the same day, talked to her, then came back 2 days later and got the job. She didn't ask many interview related questions, just told me about the store & how things go.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you want to work at Journeys?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Taylor, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Journeys (Taylor, MI) in July 2017.

Interview

I filled out an app, within 3-4 days, they contacted me asking me to come in for an interview a week after I filled out the application. There was a group interview where everyone took their turn to answer each question that was asked, for example; describe yourself and tell me one interesting fact about yourself. Towards the end each member of the group was asked to pick an item from the store and try to sell it to the store manager (interviewee). Also, be prepared to list 5 brands Journey's sells.

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Journeys (Springfield, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

The process took about 1 week. I applied online on a Thursday and got a call to schedule an interview that Sunday. I went in for my interview on a Thursday(today) and was asked standard interview questions. The employees were very nice and laid back and the interview was super easy. I got told that I would get a call to come in for the group interview within a few days. I'm still currently waiting for that call.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Journeys (Houston, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I was called for a group interview about a month later after applying online. Came in on Sunday it was about 5 people waiting it's good to come in 15 mins early. Waited some time and it was more than 8 people. Dress casual and wear the brand do not dress formal it was a girl who walked in formal and you could see that she felt uncomfortable after all it is journeys. There were 2 managers from journeys and one from underground. They were young and they didn't know what questions to ask so it made the group interview go by slow. After they are done asking questions they will do an activity for you to sell them something from the store. I grabbed a converse, protectant, and no show socks. Make sure if you get a shoe get add ons like socks a hat etc. Make sure to stand out and be outgoing answer all their questions even if you do not have job experience. You can tell when someone's got the job or not right off the top. Ask questions afterwards ask them do they have sales goals. They will call you in 2 days if you do not get a call apply again and show them that you want to work there do no give up.

Interview Questions

• who are we associated with?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Journeys (Fayetteville, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

They ask me to come in for a group interview, I came late but pleaded for a second chance and she told me to come in next Sunday. I went in the next Sunday I got the job and was scheduled to come in for job training.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work here ?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Journeys in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call 2-3 weeks later.

Came 15 minutes early and waited. There were 5 other girls in the group interview. They interviewed us in the back room. It was a tiny space. A lot of the girls were experienced and you can tell if you got the job or not.