Journeys Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Journeys Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2017

1.9

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Journeys.

Interview

The process took maybe a week. I applied online and got a phone call later asking to come into the store for a group interview. It was all a good and fun interview no pressure to be professional they just want it to be fun.

Interview Questions

• I was given a scenario of my selling style. I was handed an accessory and asked to sell it to one of the other candidates.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Journeys

Anonymous Employee in Medford, OR

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Journeys (Medford, OR).

Interview

When I applied online I got a call a couple days later asking for an interview. I went and I thought she would ask normal questions, instead I was told "I like how you look" I'm hiring you. I didn't get any information or anything about the job after she told me I was hired she went inside the store and told me I could go.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The process was very quick as they tried to fit in as many interviews as they could that day. Interviewer was nice and asked situational questions that could apply to the actual job experience.

Interview Questions

• Q: Talk about a time you had to up-sale something to a customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Journeys (Memphis, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

My interview was for a seasonal employee, which I got hired on after the season. The process was very laid back and chill. I interviewed with the store manager and the store co manager.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in the sales field?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brownsville, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Journeys (Brownsville, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Interactive group interview to see applicants personality was fun. We are asked to demonstrate our selling abilities with random items for me it was a pack of socks. The process took only a couple days and was relatively easy to apply online.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Journeys (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview, I was the only one dressed professionally and I answered all the questions first, and with good thought. I then got a second interview at a different location, same questions easy overall. Talked about my past experience and things about me, i got a call the next day offering a job. I obviously accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Dress professionally in your own unique way.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Journeys (Fort Myers, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

They asked basic scenario questions. How would you help customers. They aslo asked to sell them a pen, it was a group interview, with an online assessment, training takes like three days two on the computer and one shadowing another employee.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if we didn't have the customers size in the shoe they wanted?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Journeys in May 2016.

Interview

Super easy. I went in to journeys to check out there new Jaws shoes and the guys there was very friendly. I said thatd Id really like to work there and that I had put in an application and hadnt received a call yet. He looked up my application and scheduled me for an interview that night at 7. I showed up and it took them a little bit to prepare. I went into my interview and the only real question he asked was tell me about yourself (because all the other questions were about previous jobs and I have no experience. We basically just had a conversation about my hobbies and what I want to go to college for. I was told if I got the job hed call me at 8. Well its now 9 and ive given up and went to sleep with my phone on vibrate. 10:30 I wake up to this obnoxiousness buzzing. Its journeys I answer and am offered the job. I clearly said yes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freehold, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Journeys (Freehold, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview but very weird. The person did not ask any of us about our previous work, hobbies, or anything. He basically put us into groups and we had to act out a sketch. It was not your traditional interview at all.

Anonymous Employee in Staten Island, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Journeys (Staten Island, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Managers will make you feel very comfortable, very kind and look over your resume. They will take you to the back and do a full interview on where you worked, have small talk and share interests. Very laid back and kind, at first. Only because they use the same tactic to get customers to buy shoes, on you.