Jump Trading Hardware Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

5.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Jump Trading (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiting agency who asked a few questions about my resume. Followed by a phone interview with the R&D technical lead who asked some technical and behavioral questions. Invited to an on-site interview which was highly and thoroughly technical. After the on-site, did not hear back for several weeks and had to contact the recruiter to find out what was the result. Was informed that they passed on me but would keep me in mind for a potential future role. Several months later they called and asked if I was still interested. I said I was and had another round of phone interviews followed by an offer which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• How would you find the square root of 1.2?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Because of the Chicago location, I was required to negotiate aggressively to justify the cost of living differences. We went back and forth a little and I used the recruiting agency to help with this. Very positive and professional experience working with the Jump recruiting team.