Jungo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jungo Interview Questions

Interview

Start with a C programming quiz given to you by a secretary and evaluated by an engineer you never meet.
    Continue to a quiz in the presence of an engineer.
    Continue to another quiz in the presence of another engineer.
    The all process is about knowing the C language really really well. They don't ask riddles that you need luck to stumble on the answer. They do not expect you to think too hard. You just need to know C and be able to implement solutions for simple problems in an efficient way. If you are intimidated by pointers and like to hide behind STL sets don't bother to show up.

Interview Questions

• Traverse a linked list with a pointer to a pointer in order to remove an element without an additional 'if' statement for the case of 1st object in the list.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Netanya (Israel)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jungo (Netanya (Israel)) in August 2011.

Interview

First an explanation from HR what the position was about. She gave me a paper with exam questions and left me in the room for about an hour.

Questions were basic and advanced java proficiency, a question about sql dml, and two questions about data structures. After this test I was interviewed by one of the engineers recently hired in the company, who asked me a basic algorithm question.

As I was relatively inexperienced in the whole process at the time, I did rather poorly, though the questions were not impossible.

The basic java questions (that I remember) were about the String object (why is it immutable), about serialization of objects in java, write a nested sql query.

The algorithm questions were to implement a method that deletes an entry from a linked list in O(1), and another method to do in order binary tree traversal.

The basic algorithm was the one sorting appointments (only with long and short lines)

Interview Questions

• Why is String immutable in java?   1 Answer
    • implement a method to delete a linked list in O(1)   1 Answer
    • Order appointments so they won't conflict   1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Netanya (Israel)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jungo (Netanya (Israel)) in December 2010.

Interview

Jungo develops USB drivers for selected applications and Software for Residential Gateways.
    Jungo is subsidiary of NDS.
    First interview with a HR representative beeng scheduled very fast.
    HR Lady started an interview by short explanation of Technical Support Engineer requirements.
    Required Software (linux, networking, html, shell scripting) and Hardware knowledge.
    Then I been left for 1 hour to fill questionary (~30 pages, include C source code examples).
    Some source code being bad formatted, may be specially for test.
    Some questions enabled to choice 1 of 5 answers, some questions required literal explanation.
    Other question - write down protocols running over IP.
    The other one - write an e-mail to angry client which have a problems with ~25% of customers:
     - Residential Gateway resets once per number of hours.
    E-mail should include legitimate requirement that Customer can not reject to follow.

Second interview with a Head of Technical Support Department.
    It beeng vwery technical and lasts ~1 hr.
    Everything was well until we started talking about the salary.
    I required 20k+ NIS.
    Here our conversation stops and I'v been told that I will have an e-mail or call about interview results,
    but nobody e-mail me or call back.

It seems that Jungo looks for cheap engineers with a rich experience.

Interview Questions

• rite an e-mail to angry client which have a problems with ~25% of customers:
       - Residential Gateway resets once per number of hours.   1 Answer
    • What is your salary axpectation?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Netanya (Israel)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jungo (Netanya (Israel)) in August 2009.

Interview

- HR screening
    - basic multiple selection questions to screen guys that don't know C at all
    - simple aligned memory allocation (pen and pencil)
    - write a simple timer library (code on the computer)
    - Q&A about general computer programming issues

Interview Questions

• On the timer library, the modification of the single linked list in one iteration.   1 Answer

Negotiation

1on1 with the head of HR.