Juniper Networks Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 13, 2017

2.8

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Submitted by a referral and was asked to schedule a phone screen within a week. Had a second phone screen with the hiring manager after that and after about a week was invited for an onsite interview. My interview schedule was changed up to the day of the interview, which seemed odd. I also had to conduct a skype interview with a team member who was traveling at the time.

The onsite consisted of 6 45min interviews. Each came in and had their own style and focus on questions. They asked engaging and thoughtful questions and wanted to understand frameworks and methodologies. They asked a lot of open ended STAR questions. Some gave me time to ask questions at the end while one just said he had to leave.

After the interview, I was told the team would give a decision within two weeks. However, I never heard back and was never given a decision. Considering the amount of time I spent with them and vice versa, it is unprofessional for them not to inform candidates of a decision.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you had to change someone's mind to get what you want.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Juniper Networks

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Juniper Networks in February 2015.

Interview

The process began with a questionnaire and telephone interview followed by a series of in person interviews with the hiring manager and senior leaders.

In short, I found the experience to be highly unstructured and lacking professionalism. I had to constantly reach out to move the process forward. Moreover, during one of the interviews, the interviewer was not only a half an hour late but proceeded to disparage current/former colleagues, which was highly inappropriate.

I left with a sense that the organizational culture may not be aligned with my values. This was reaffirmed weeks later when I had to make several inquiries to get an update on the decision.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a lack of established processes?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Two telephone interviews, two on-site interviews, Managers were very knowledgeable and easy to talk with. Asked very thoughtful and knowledgeable questions. Focused on the future and current contributions, not on the past.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Made it through the recruiters and hiring manager to the SVP and then never a phone call back from anyone. It wasn't about not getting the position I'm disappointed in, it was Juniper's lack of follow through to the applicant either way. Respect maters.

Interview Questions

• 30-60-1 year plan   1 Answer
    • what are your worst traits... tell me about your resume starting from where you are now   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Very smooth, closed in a month. Met 5-6 people. Combination of technical and mgmt questions. No phone interview as I went through a referral. Situation type questions - what would you do in a certain scenario, etc. Overal positive interview experience

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging project that you ever did?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Know what's important for you - salary, equity, flexibility and negotiate accordingly.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (London, England (UK)) in May 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed 16 times!!!! Yes 16. The a dinner. Some of the interviewers had not read my CV and where ill prepared. It appeared to me that the system was designed to get lots of people to say yes therefore reducing risk if the hire went wrong. I was offered the job and accepted it but the process almost put me off.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Difficult foe me as i am crap at it.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in June 2012.

Interview

16 phone interviews and a dinner! Some of the people just said that my CV was great and good luck. So there you have it. Pretty standard stuff....with only one that was in anyway worth the effort, who asked in depth questions.

Interview Questions

• Same old stuff they always ask   1 Answer

Negotiation

easy

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Juniper Networks in May 2011.

Interview

While Juniper seemed to be an excellent place to work (based on two rounds of interviews), they had significant gaps in communications about the status of the process (they are very slow). However, the kicker was when they brought me in for an interview *knowing* that they had a hiring freeze. In short, very unprofessional and a waste of everyone's time. I'd strongly suggest being very wary of them.