Juniper Networks Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

Juniper Networks Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

Updated Jun 21, 2017

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Directly called by a recruiter and started resume screening. It was good and was referred to Hiring Manager. Hiring Manager on he same day called and took the interview as he was in hurry.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Submitted by a referral and was asked to schedule a phone screen within a week. Had a second phone screen with the hiring manager after that and after about a week was invited for an onsite interview. My interview schedule was changed up to the day of the interview, which seemed odd. I also had to conduct a skype interview with a team member who was traveling at the time.

The onsite consisted of 6 45min interviews. Each came in and had their own style and focus on questions. They asked engaging and thoughtful questions and wanted to understand frameworks and methodologies. They asked a lot of open ended STAR questions. Some gave me time to ask questions at the end while one just said he had to leave.

After the interview, I was told the team would give a decision within two weeks. However, I never heard back and was never given a decision. Considering the amount of time I spent with them and vice versa, it is unprofessional for them not to inform candidates of a decision.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you had to change someone's mind to get what you want.   Answer Question

Technical Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (San Jose, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was good. The manager was very relaxed and clear in intentions. He focused on the keywords; must tell the keywords. He said, "I am here to break you, so relax and answer as much you know".

Interview Questions

• MPLS, TCP/ UDP, Optical fibers, BGP, OSPF, RIP, Routers, and Switches.   Answer Question

Inter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Im just in the first steps of the process.
    First they send you a link to answer 10 technical questions. The platform consist they give you an answer and they record a video with your answer. THey give you an average of 1:30min to answer.
    They ask me one behaviorial question and the other 9 were technical.
    Two weeks later, they send me a request for a phone screening

Channel Marketing and Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied on the website and received an e-mail two days later. I was told by a very polite recruiter that the hiring manager had interest and would like to have a pre-screen interview by answering several questions by writing my answers. I was almost a two page essay.. and two days later I was told that they would not be moving forward.

Interview Questions

• Why Juniper?   1 Answer
    • What was a project that I worked on that I was leading and successfully completed   Answer Question
    • What 5 words would I use to describe me professionally   Answer Question
    • They asked me to provide a writing sample   1 Answer
    • The job listing I applied for stated that candidate would manage many tasks and be responsible for a quick turn around - how would I work in that environment?   Answer Question
    • What do you enjoy about Marketing and Channel Comms?   Answer Question

SAP ABAP Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I got a call from HR and an Phone interview was scheduled. After the phone Interview They scheduled an Onsite Interview. Before the scheduling I clearly mentioned them my CTC and expected.
    After the onsite interview HR sent me an email asking for my expectations and also they asked me for all the documents to process for Background check.
    I sent them my expectation and then I sent them my background verification documents.
    After the background check was cleared, HR sends me an email that my expectation is way too over the Budget for the role.
    I think ethically, they should have clarified this things earlier before going through the process.

ASIC Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (San Jose, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

One technical interview. Asked about all basic stuff, digital logic design etc. One problem on aptitude. And also the question "Tell me about yourself". Applied through the website. Interviewer was very nice and helped in correcting my answers wherever I made mistakes and also gave clues to solve the questions.

Interview Questions

• What happens when you connect a NAND gates output to its input?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

A phone screen and then on site, talked with 4 engineers and one manager. The phone screen was more about current experience and the on-site was focusing on technical details.

Interview Questions

• Reverse a linked list. Also, some networking concepts.   Answer Question

Real Estate Services Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a protracted interview process as my potential role was part of a larger suite of services for which Juniper was solving. They were friendly and helpful and encouraging. The real estate team at Juniper that I met and got to know are among some of the best in the industry.

Interview Questions

• If I could manage the paperwork regarding their leased executive suites, globally.   1 Answer

Customer Reference Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Found the role on LinkedIn. Standard online application process. Recruiter reached out to me within a few days of applying. First call with Juniper recruiter was smooth. She asked the standard job qualification questions. I was asked to describe my work experience and background. The recruiter was very upbeat and a pleasure to speak with. Shortly after the initial call I received an email asking for my availability to speak with the hiring manager. That call went smoothly. I was then invited to come into the office to meet with the hiring manager and two people from the team. Within a few weeks Juniper had conducted reference checks and an offer was made.

Interview Questions

• Explain your process for gathering customer stories.
      How do you sell the benefits of a reference program to the customer?
      Answer Question