Juniper Networks Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Juniper Networks Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.3

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

A phone screen and then on site, talked with 4 engineers and one manager. The phone screen was more about current experience and the on-site was focusing on technical details.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Juniper Networks

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Juniper Networks.

Interview

The phone interview is not difficulty, mainly for introduce the background experience. The onsite interview has two session, mainly focus on kernel technical, such as device driver development, interrupter controller, thread synchronization. Some of questions are too specific to PCI driver developing. For the engineer not ever working on that driver, those questions are very hard to answer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with Manager - compare tcp/udp. C programming questions. hashing
    Onsite Interview - level order traversal, bit map, linked list, tcp/udp, trace route, memory management

Interview Questions

• last round was with an interview who asked vague questions and expected me to write generic apis.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

Mostly questions about current project

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

Data structures
    Algorithms
    C programming

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pretty competitive.

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

The hiring position was SW Automation Engineer. The interview was mostly technical. They asked a lot of questions about scripting, like Perl, Tcl, Unix shell programming, and OOD, so be prepare to give examples and detail explanation.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks.

Interview

Communications were good at the onset. I intitially interacted mainly with the hiring manager for one position and with HR recruiter for a different position in a different department. They were both very professional and were open about the opportunities and outlook of the company. Both interview processes started with a phone screening and then a day of on-site interviews. The only issue I had with the process was that I was asked to come back in to talk with another manager after I had been offered the position. This was very unusual. Other than that, it was a smooth process.

Interview Questions

• This was unexpected since it came during the "callback" interview. How would you design an end to end video delivery network using MPLS?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Straightforward. They asked for my current salary. I countered by asing what was the range for the position. They offered something that was a little higher than my current salary. I asked for 20K more. They negotiated to a mid point. I also negotiated a small signing bonus. When I got the final offer letter, the salary was adjusted up an additional $5K which seemed unusual but in all fairness, it was a nice gesture and made me much happier and motivated.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Chennai (India)) in February 2012.

Interview

4 tech rounds followed by hr round. Tech rounds were of increasing levels of difficulty. It started with data structures and algorithms and problem solving. Hr round was about salary negotiation

Interview Questions

• Data structures and algorithms   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2011.

Interview

1) Technical questions related to JAVA multithreading, Collections, Serialization etc.
    2) Basic networking questions like VLANs etc.

Interview Questions

• How to serialize an object without implementing serialiszable interface   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2008.

Interview

Data structures,
    binary tree height calculation