Juniper Networks Software Engineer III Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Juniper Networks Software Engineer III Interview Questions

3.4

Software Engineer III Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Juniper Networks.

Interview

phone interview asking about your existing role and then 1:! with 5 people, which were technical rounds testing c, data structure,networking , problem solving skills. Interviewers were good.
Hr round was about usual stuff on hobbies, current salary, expected salary and other benefits.
There was a director round talking about the BU and the focus of BU and next stuff that they intend to do,

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Juniper Networks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied Online and received a call from Manager: Direct Onsite
    1st Round:
    How to find Endianess
     Different stages a C file goes through on compiling
    How to check if stack is growing up or down
    what is a VLAN
    how does packet traverses in network and how are various fields modified (How is ARP resolved)
    2nd Round:
    Generic Hash Table implementation
    How multicast works
    4th Round:
    Linked List Sorting
    Why do u want to move and stuff

Low ball offer

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by the Hiring Manager for a telephonic interview. The focus was on basic C programming questions/concepts and my background.

Later I was scheduled for some 6-7 interviews with other members of the team. In summary, I was asked to write programs in C (and answer conceptual questions) about Data Structure manipulation (trees, linked lists, hash tables, arrays), algorithms (quick sort and other-questions-that-I-don't-remember-now), questions about TCP/IP, locks, bit manipulation, strings etc.

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Applied through a Employee Referral, got a call next day from one of the engineer. Had 5 phone screen interviews before I was asked to for a 1:1 personal interview onsite. Had 6 interviews in 1:1 personal interview during onsite interviews including a lunch interview with hiring manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate

Software Engineer III Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Juniper Networks.

Interview

"C" , "System programming", "multi-threaded programmiing", "Embedded systems", "L3/L4 protocols".

1 written, 4 rounds of technical interviews and one managerial and one HR interview. So a total of 7 rounds of interviews. Among the 4 rounds of technical interview, last one was 2:1 interview.

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

I had a great experience overall.
    It was totally profession, right from screening my resume till the dispatch of offer.
    HR kept me informed throughout the process.
    Interview consisted of 5 rounds touching C, OS, Networking and Projects worked on.

Interview Questions

• One round full of C programming questions.   1 Answer

Software Engineer III Interview

Interview

First I had a phone interview and, a few days later, I went to a "on site" interview. I had one-to-one interview with 3 experienced software engineers plus 2 managers. They were all nice and very smart, they asked me questions about my career and lots of technical questions. They asked me about design pattern, Java, Ajax, architecture, problem solving, algorithms, optimization, data structure, etc On the following days they made me an offer and I accepted!

Interview Questions

• How does the Garbage collector work in Java?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Search for the salary range on the company + location for your job title online before the interview, so you won't be surprised. Ask lots of questions about the position before, so you can know how you can give value to the project and thus, to the company.

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2010.

Interview

Initially, i had the telephonic round, in which i did not do good enough..but was asked to come for a F2F interview.
    There were 4 one on one interviews, and the questions asked were the normal Java/J2EE/database related questions and i answered most of them very well..
    The 4th one on one was with the director, and he asked some algorithm related questions...in which probably i was not so convincing...but still i think i had done good enough in the previous interviews to get through..

The offer was very good, with good benefits, but i had the chance to go to US from another company..it was a tough decision..