Juniper Networks Staff Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Juniper Networks Staff Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Juniper Networks

3.5

Staff Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Juniper Networks.

Interview

Organized, simple, I enjoyed interviewing here. Was long time back hence can't recall. But its great group, good set of questions. Organized, simple, I enjoyed interviewing here. Was long time back hence can't recall. But its great group, good set of questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Juniper Networks

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Talked with the recruiter and then with the hiring manager over phone. I was invited to on site interview & I was interviewed by 5 different individuals. All technical & no fun1

Staff Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Juniper Networks.

Interview

Mainly technical, Basics of TCP/IP networking, Scripting, Traffic tools usage,
    Nature of job in previous company. Testing performance and Scaling. Netconf, IPSec, OSPF,BGP,MPLS, switching, SNMP, Radius, network management process, QA process,

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Interview discussion was Systematic and drilling. More focus on concepts. Difficulty level was medium. Interview process was day long with 5 different rounds. Each round focus on different areas.

Interview Questions

• C Basics and Networking Concepts   4 Answers

Negotiation

1 month

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

There were a total of 5 rounds. The process started at 10 am and ended at 4:45 p.m:

First Round (1hr 30min): Total focus was to understand the current project which I was working on. Then digging the question in the current project. Complete explanation is required and then asked question about the different data structures used in the project. I told them about hash tables which they asked me to implement.Be thorough with the current project.

Second Round (1hr 15 min): This was the programming round. Asked me 2-3 questions related to multi threading, mutexes, semaphores, their implementation. Then he asked me 2-3 questions on bitwise operator(set a bit, invert the bit). Then questions related to linked list(find a loop), trees(implement BST, depth of tree).

Third round(1hr 15 min): Again he started off with the current project. Then he asked me about the packet flow if you type google.com. He wanted to know about the application side HTTP which I did not have idea about. I told him about the L2-L3 flow. Then he asked about the different section going deep into the kernel, TCP UDP flow implementation in kernel.

Fourth Round (1hr 30min): He asked me again about the project, different data structure, linked list, trees, implement trie, hash. They were looking for people having knowledge in all the data structure(trie, hash map). Networking questions about VLAN, IP routing,

Fifth Round (1hr 45min: This was the manager round.Asked a lot of question about kernel, volatile variable, optimization, made two three programs and asked me to find the error. Asked about IP fragmentation and reassembly.

I was really exhausted after the process. I thought there would be a HR round but that did not happen. Was told HR will get back to you.
    Experience was fine. Answered most of their questions but not sure about what was expected. They should inform where did the interview go wrong.

Interview Questions

• Why do we use volatile.
      Different header field
      TCP, UDP header, differences, flow
      Trie, hash map
      Implement multithreading. Use mutex, semaphores in the program.
      Find the depth of the tree   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

The whole interview process took 3 days comprising of 15 rounds which includes 2 manager and HR round. the interview started at 10.30 and finished by 5.45 and second and third day was for half a day

Interview Questions

• more on about the project and data structures   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2012.

Interview

3 rounds of technical rounds. Start from the basics and go deep into the subject. Specially at the MTS-4 and staff engineers role, applicant must be aware of the architecture of the devices the candidate have worked on.

Once the technical rounds are cleared, managers round and optional HR round.

Interview Questions

• Everything you mentioned in the CV will be scrutinized.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate as the offer was best in the market.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2011.

Interview

Interview was good. There are 5 rounds of interview. Questions were reasonably good and technical. Asked some programming question also. Interviewer took time to explain the question. Manager who took the interview looked making fluffy commands. Promised that competitive salary will be given but in reality that did not happen. Overall experience was ok.

Staff Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Juniper Networks.

Interview

A set of 5 engineers each 45 minutes. Some ask about what you did if they have something in common or interested others just programming or puzzles. Generally lunch with the hiring manager.
    Make sure you are thorough with linked lists reversal, merge, freeing list. Also be prepared for some bit manipulation questions and some tree questions (not a whole lot)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

yes. offers are generally negotiable.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2010.

Interview

It was a nice process. I was told after successful phone screening that there will be 5-6 rounds of technical interview. I gave very good first and second interview. In third interview which was mixed of both technical and personal, manager told that they are going to make an offer to me if I clear next two non technical rounds with Sr Mgr and director.

They didn't grill unnecessarily. Gave a one big problem which was sufficient enough to gauge my technical, analytical and collaboration skills. and luckily I impressed them.

Interview Questions

• What happens when an WinAPI is called   1 Answer
    • In a producer worker thered design, job queue is overflowing. Find out the cause and fix it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I never tried to negotiate. They offered me more than what I asked for. And good part that most of the components were fixed.