Juniper Networks Interview Questions in Sunnyvale, CA | Glassdoor

Juniper Networks Interview Questions in Sunnyvale, CA

Updated Jan 29, 2017

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

A phone screen and then on site, talked with 4 engineers and one manager. The phone screen was more about current experience and the on-site was focusing on technical details.

Interview Questions

• Reverse a linked list. Also, some networking concepts.   Answer Question

Customer Reference Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Found the role on LinkedIn. Standard online application process. Recruiter reached out to me within a few days of applying. First call with Juniper recruiter was smooth. She asked the standard job qualification questions. I was asked to describe my work experience and background. The recruiter was very upbeat and a pleasure to speak with. Shortly after the initial call I received an email asking for my availability to speak with the hiring manager. That call went smoothly. I was then invited to come into the office to meet with the hiring manager and two people from the team. Within a few weeks Juniper had conducted reference checks and an offer was made.

Interview Questions

• Explain your process for gathering customer stories.
      How do you sell the benefits of a reference program to the customer?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Pretty much common interview process. In the beginning, there was 1 hour Phone interview. Then, I was invited to Sunnyvale for on site. There were 6 technical interviews each one hour long. Second interview was by hiring manager. While, I was on my way back at the San Jose airport, the hiring manager called me to say that they have decided to make an offer.

Interview Questions

• 2 interviews on resume (prior experience), 2 on c and data-structures, 2 on networking fundamental. The difficulty level is typical hard-core product company which is kind of above average.   1 Answer

Senior Big Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

The process was pretty much quick starting with a phone screen of 30 mins and then followed by 3 hour on site.

The on-site is always restricted to 3 hours at Juniper unlike other companies which makes it a good experience. The on-site interview was more of a discussion involving one round of coding with the Manager.

The technical rounds are not at all complex and give a good idea about the role. Very important to have a good idea bout the role before you go in for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Find the largest sub-array that sum to a specified value   1 Answer

Not an exciting position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Some basic knowledge about network, TCP/IP and C coding. All those of basic knowledge, if you have experience on network or C language, you will give a perfect answer.
    The second round is two questions about data structure and algorithm. One of them is find pairs in an array which the difference between two elements in the array is the given number k.

Interview Questions

• Give a time, calculate the angle between the hour and the minutes in the clock.   Answer Question

Global Commodity Manager - Indirect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Brief 45 minute call with a possible revisit in 2 weeks. This was a get to know you discussion phone screening. Discussion around current responsibilities as well as what were the goals of the position.

Interview Questions

• current responsibilities and what they were looking for in a candidate   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Highly network protocol oriented , be ready to grind through all the network layers and their respective protocols especially the layer 2 and layer 3 protocols, keeping yourself up to date on the latest automation tools and software defined networking concepts is a big plus. Brush up on your python and other scripting languages . Automation is the way to go

Interview Questions

• Describe how TCP fragmentation works and explain how traffic congestion can be handled?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

one online coding, two phone interviews. the online coding is python questions, one is to XML parsing, another one is regular expression. The phone interviews are recruiters and senior managers, they ask about background and some technical questions.

Interview Questions

• some basic machine learning algorithms and coding questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer NCG Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I approached a juniper recruiter for new college opportunities and she forwarded my profile to one of the hiring managers.
    Scheduled for a phone interview within few days of approaching.
    Phone interview consisted of two C programming questions .
    - Asked to explain and write a code for binary search and searching in a pivoted array.

After a week was called for onsite interview in Sunnyvale.
    Onsite interview consisted of four technical rounds with senior members of the team and finally one round with the University Recruiter.
    - First Interviewer mainly concentrated on C programming. He asked various data structures and some questions on strings.
    - Second Interviewer concentrated on networking concepts and asked to implement basic operations of Double linked lists.
    - Third interviewer dug deep into layer 2 and layer 3 networking concepts .also asked few questions on C programming about storage classes , how to determine endian of a system etc.
    - Last interviewer was more interested in C programming and asked to write programs for level order traversal , few more data structure questions and in end few networking concepts.

Overall it was a well rounded interview process.

Interview Questions

• Given a string , output a string in which only the capital letters are in reverse order.
      Input: "asAkfsBjlsfC"
      output:"asCkfsBjlsfA"
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online got a call to schedule a phone interview.

one coding question online tool

Interview Questions

• The interview mainly was on my previous projects and work experience and few Operating systems and networking questions.

one coding question online tool