Juniper Networks Interview Questions in Sunnyvale, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 27, 2017

102 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Corporate Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Initial phone screen with hiring manager, followed by two separate on-site meetings. The second was an half-day team meeting which consisted of several one on one meetings. GHOSTED, despite the considerable time amount of time and effort that went into this prospect.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Submitted by a referral and was asked to schedule a phone screen within a week. Had a second phone screen with the hiring manager after that and after about a week was invited for an onsite interview. My interview schedule was changed up to the day of the interview, which seemed odd. I also had to conduct a skype interview with a team member who was traveling at the time.

The onsite consisted of 6 45min interviews. Each came in and had their own style and focus on questions. They asked engaging and thoughtful questions and wanted to understand frameworks and methodologies. They asked a lot of open ended STAR questions. Some gave me time to ask questions at the end while one just said he had to leave.

After the interview, I was told the team would give a decision within two weeks. However, I never heard back and was never given a decision. Considering the amount of time I spent with them and vice versa, it is unprofessional for them not to inform candidates of a decision.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you had to change someone's mind to get what you want.   Answer Question

Channel Marketing and Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied on the website and received an e-mail two days later. I was told by a very polite recruiter that the hiring manager had interest and would like to have a pre-screen interview by answering several questions by writing my answers. I was almost a two page essay.. and two days later I was told that they would not be moving forward.

Interview Questions

• Why Juniper?   1 Answer
    • What was a project that I worked on that I was leading and successfully completed   Answer Question
    • What 5 words would I use to describe me professionally   Answer Question
    • They asked me to provide a writing sample   1 Answer
    • The job listing I applied for stated that candidate would manage many tasks and be responsible for a quick turn around - how would I work in that environment?   Answer Question
    • What do you enjoy about Marketing and Channel Comms?   Answer Question

SAP ABAP Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I got a call from HR and an Phone interview was scheduled. After the phone Interview They scheduled an Onsite Interview. Before the scheduling I clearly mentioned them my CTC and expected.
    After the onsite interview HR sent me an email asking for my expectations and also they asked me for all the documents to process for Background check.
    I sent them my expectation and then I sent them my background verification documents.
    After the background check was cleared, HR sends me an email that my expectation is way too over the Budget for the role.
    I think ethically, they should have clarified this things earlier before going through the process.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

A phone screen and then on site, talked with 4 engineers and one manager. The phone screen was more about current experience and the on-site was focusing on technical details.

Real Estate Services Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a protracted interview process as my potential role was part of a larger suite of services for which Juniper was solving. They were friendly and helpful and encouraging. The real estate team at Juniper that I met and got to know are among some of the best in the industry.

Interview Questions

• If I could manage the paperwork regarding their leased executive suites, globally.   1 Answer

Customer Reference Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Found the role on LinkedIn. Standard online application process. Recruiter reached out to me within a few days of applying. First call with Juniper recruiter was smooth. She asked the standard job qualification questions. I was asked to describe my work experience and background. The recruiter was very upbeat and a pleasure to speak with. Shortly after the initial call I received an email asking for my availability to speak with the hiring manager. That call went smoothly. I was then invited to come into the office to meet with the hiring manager and two people from the team. Within a few weeks Juniper had conducted reference checks and an offer was made.

Interview Questions

• Explain your process for gathering customer stories.
      How do you sell the benefits of a reference program to the customer?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Pretty much common interview process. In the beginning, there was 1 hour Phone interview. Then, I was invited to Sunnyvale for on site. There were 6 technical interviews each one hour long. Second interview was by hiring manager. While, I was on my way back at the San Jose airport, the hiring manager called me to say that they have decided to make an offer.

Interview Questions

• 2 interviews on resume (prior experience), 2 on c and data-structures, 2 on networking fundamental. The difficulty level is typical hard-core product company which is kind of above average.   1 Answer

Senior Big Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

The process was pretty much quick starting with a phone screen of 30 mins and then followed by 3 hour on site.

The on-site is always restricted to 3 hours at Juniper unlike other companies which makes it a good experience. The on-site interview was more of a discussion involving one round of coding with the Manager.

The technical rounds are not at all complex and give a good idea about the role. Very important to have a good idea bout the role before you go in for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Find the largest sub-array that sum to a specified value   1 Answer

Not an exciting position

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Some basic knowledge about network, TCP/IP and C coding. All those of basic knowledge, if you have experience on network or C language, you will give a perfect answer.
    The second round is two questions about data structure and algorithm. One of them is find pairs in an array which the difference between two elements in the array is the given number k.

Interview Questions

• Give a time, calculate the angle between the hour and the minutes in the clock.   Answer Question