Juniper Networks Interview Questions in Sunnyvale, CA | Glassdoor

Juniper Networks Interview Questions in Sunnyvale, CA

Updated Jun 21, 2017

Global Commodity Manager - Indirect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Brief 45 minute call with a possible revisit in 2 weeks. This was a get to know you discussion phone screening. Discussion around current responsibilities as well as what were the goals of the position.

Interview Questions

• current responsibilities and what they were looking for in a candidate   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Highly network protocol oriented , be ready to grind through all the network layers and their respective protocols especially the layer 2 and layer 3 protocols, keeping yourself up to date on the latest automation tools and software defined networking concepts is a big plus. Brush up on your python and other scripting languages . Automation is the way to go

Interview Questions

• Describe how TCP fragmentation works and explain how traffic congestion can be handled?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

one online coding, two phone interviews. the online coding is python questions, one is to XML parsing, another one is regular expression. The phone interviews are recruiters and senior managers, they ask about background and some technical questions.

Interview Questions

• some basic machine learning algorithms and coding questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer NCG Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I approached a juniper recruiter for new college opportunities and she forwarded my profile to one of the hiring managers.
    Scheduled for a phone interview within few days of approaching.
    Phone interview consisted of two C programming questions .
    - Asked to explain and write a code for binary search and searching in a pivoted array.

After a week was called for onsite interview in Sunnyvale.
    Onsite interview consisted of four technical rounds with senior members of the team and finally one round with the University Recruiter.
    - First Interviewer mainly concentrated on C programming. He asked various data structures and some questions on strings.
    - Second Interviewer concentrated on networking concepts and asked to implement basic operations of Double linked lists.
    - Third interviewer dug deep into layer 2 and layer 3 networking concepts .also asked few questions on C programming about storage classes , how to determine endian of a system etc.
    - Last interviewer was more interested in C programming and asked to write programs for level order traversal , few more data structure questions and in end few networking concepts.

Overall it was a well rounded interview process.

Interview Questions

• Given a string , output a string in which only the capital letters are in reverse order.
      Input: "asAkfsBjlsfC"
      output:"asCkfsBjlsfA"
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online got a call to schedule a phone interview.

one coding question online tool

Interview Questions

• The interview mainly was on my previous projects and work experience and few Operating systems and networking questions.

one coding question online tool
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Telephonic interview with 2 people. Mostly academic projects and questions on multi threading programming, networking questions like protocols, switches, routers, OSPF etc. It was an easy interview if you just brush up your networking fundamentals. The interviewer seemed to be very interested in my academic projects and spent around an hour on that. The reply took 4 weeks to come.

Interview Questions

• Mostly academic projects and questions on multi threading programming, networking questions like protocols, switches, routers, OSPF etc. It was an easy interview if you just brush up your networking fundamentals. The interviewer seemed to be very interested in my academic projects and spent around an hour on that. The reply took 4 weeks to come.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

After a brief phone interview I was called onsite. I was spoke to the entire team and they were very nice, down to earth people. I answered most of the answers pretty well and I was almost certain that I cracked the interview. But unfortunately, I wasn't offered the job. When I asked for additional feedback, I was told that the team felt I was more inclined towards development rather than testing which was true. But nevertheless, it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Questions on network layer and apllcation later protocaols like TCP/IP, UDP, 3 way handshake, SSL, HTTP.
      What happens when you enter a url in the browser?
      Answer Question

Software Engineer NCG Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

It was an easy process. Had a telephonic round which lasted for 45 mins. All about networking basics. Dug deep into the layer 2,3,4,7 concepts. Asked about os concepts. After 2 weeks was called for an onsite. The interview was for 2 hrs 1st round was coding and the 2 Nd one was operating systems.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of characters, and asked to arrange in lexicographic order. The list may be any large number and may contain capital and small letters . They may be arranged in any order like A 1st and then a or a 1st and then A . And then 2 Nd round was operating systems.   Answer Question

Staff Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Lengthy but easy interview. Mostly asked about prior work experience but not many technical questions. Interviewers were generally quite friendly although the process itself was quite lengthy. Was interviewed by about 6 people for 45 mins each. Moved quickly on the offer but not much negotiations for salary, title or RSUs. offer was pretty competitive though.

Application

Interview

Entire process took a week. It was a 4 hours onsite interview with entire team. Usual coding interview. Asked many algorithm and data structure related questions. One interview was focused on Operating system and networking concepts.