Juniper Networks Interview Questions in Sunnyvale, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 27, 2017

102 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Entire process took a week. It was a 4 hours onsite interview with entire team. Usual coding interview. Asked many algorithm and data structure related questions. One interview was focused on Operating system and networking concepts.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

5 rounds of on-site interview. Ten minutes of interval between each ( you can choose to have more rest). The first round is more about projects on my resume, but these experienced engineers are able to find where is the key points in your description and dig deeper. Two rounds more about algorithm and data structure. One is about network design question

Interview Questions

• Find start index of a string in another string.
      How to load balancing for traffic coming into the gateway? design a structure to evaluate the traffic
      Binary search tree, add, delete   Answer Question

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone and face to face interviews with others in the department were very pleasant and informative. They were conversational and even enjoyable, and I began to develop a picture of how the department worked, its goals, etc. Final interview with the manager was also conversational and informal, but nothing I had made sure to bring up with the other interviewers had been passed on to him. Even more disconcerting, it became clear that the organization he presented was very different from the one the other interviewers had presented.

Director of Instructional Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

5 different phone interviews + an in person - day long interview consisting of one-on-one interviews plus group interviews. The entire process took over 90 days. I would be contacted and interviewed and then Juniper would drop off the deep end for a month and then call again. The most unprofessional interview process i have ever had been through.

Software Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online using Linkedin which was redirected to Juniper career website. Got a call from the hiring manager after two weeks and was set up with an onsite interview for that very week.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Followed-up with recruiter through LinkedIn. Scheduled 2 technical phone interviews. First was all about resume. In the second phone interview, asked one coding question. Had to email the code of the solution I proposed on phone. Got the offer in a week.

Interview Questions

• full analysis of resume, one coding question about palindrome but tricky   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

HR does not know what they are doing, which role and which candidate they are talking about
    had a referral so offer was made on phone until i insisted for in person interview.
    Mgmt has own agenda, very hierarchial, does not let employee share ideas for the better of the company and their whole interest is in imitating their biggest competitor to play catch up....very few original ideas, diluted because they steal employees

Interview Questions

• come over & we will figure our details on job later   1 Answer

Negotiation

easy

: Software Engineer Big Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Resume Selected online and was called for on site.
    45 minutes round onsite
    -then was kept on hold

Few days later HR contacted me.
    The manager who kept me on hold reffere me :) (I was lucky)
    then 30 mins telephone round

Interview Questions

• Resume Selected online and was called for on site.
      45 minutes round onsite
      - Data Structures (Hash table all concepts)
      - JAVA concepts
      - Puzzle (2 eggs 100 floor building find threshold)
      - Basic hadoop Question.
      - Migrate a row from SQL to key value store

30 mins telephone round
      - Longest Palindrome
      - In-Pre-Post Order traversal with and without recursion   Answer Question

Information Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

First was telephonic interview which was based on my resume and projects, then for second round I was given a set of problems to solve for testing my problem solution skill and how I would use resources available. Questions mainly based on security analysis and previous experience on the same.

Interview Questions

• Knowledge about AWS services, and how would you use those services for any of your course project.   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Had a couple of video interviews through campus recruitment and that was that. Some of the interviewers have very heavy accents but are happy to repeat the question if you missed it. You interview with some of the people you will be working with which is very helpful.
    They ask standard questions. Nothing too complex. They don't look to trip you up and there is no case component or anything like that. It is mostly behavioral and fit.
    Took a while for them to get back to me. Nudging them through email does not seem to speed them up but does not hurt chances either (if done respectfully, of course.)