Just Energy Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 10, 2017

1.9

77 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Just Energy (Mississauga, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Was sent an assessment to do online. COMPLETELY UNREALISTIC. There was algebra and spelling questions. Just open another tab and Google the answers.

Did a phone interview and then was asked to come in for an in person interview. They were 30 minutes late for my interview.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview was general customer service questions:
      What does customer service mean to you?
      Give an example of how you dealt with a difficult customer?

In person interview:
      Give an example of how you dealt with a difficult customer.
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years
      Give an example of how you handled change
      THERE WILL BE A ROLE PLAY WHERE THE INTERVIEWER IS A CUSTOMER AND YOU'RE THE PHONE AGENT.   Answer Question

Energy Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vaughan, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Just Energy (Vaughan, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Very sketch, basically did not ask me any questions but just explained the product to me. Small office too with the weird recruitment video playing in the lobby. Overall. it seems like they go through employees quite quick and they seem to hire on the spot.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Just Energy (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

I found this company in a job fair. It look interesting on paper and I gave my resume. They called me a week after to ask for an in person interview. In the interview a girl from "HR" asked several questions about my previous jobs and how I was prepared for sales. Basic questions, do you have papers? Brief explanation about the energy products and the job and how easy was to sale their products (over 2 million customers, right...). She told me that the income was going to be $500 per week for 40 hours, no weekends. When I arrived for the first day of training they said the income per hour was $11.40 and if I wanted to earn $500 I had to work extra hours and weekends.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview which was a generic interview and too me everything went well. The interviewer confirmed that sent my resume to hiring manager but didn't hear anything from them.

Interview Questions

• The Math/ vocabulary test wasn't difficult but was irrelevant.   Answer Question

QA Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Just Energy.

Interview

First ,we had about 1 hour face to face interview.Then assigned me a paper test ,there were about 3 parts in the test. Included writing SQL, some creative thinking questions and understanding requirement. Need to finished them in 1 hour. The interviewers are very nice and friendly, feel very comfortable during the interview.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Just Energy (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Only one person at the office when I turned up. Asked to write on a form about some of my past experience - similar to resume. Soon, called into a room to speak with them one on one. It was less of an interview and more of them telling me what would be involved. It is largely a commission based job.

Interview Questions

Not interested in commission based jobs.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Just Energy (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).

Interview

The interview was not overly informative as to position or potential . I believe this due to a high rejection rate for the type of sales they do . As well when asked about legislative changes coming to the door style sales I was given no real answers as to how the company would be handling the change.

Interview Questions

• Basic personal skills, with little bahaviour based questioning.   1 Answer

Negotiation

negotiating was not impacted as it was entry level I found out at time of interview.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Just Energy in September 2016.

Interview

The whole interview was quite informal but efficient. Two interviewers from operations side participated and smiled a lot. This position is more data-based, or more technical. Knowing how to query tables from different data sources seemed to be an important part. It was not a bad experience, except for the excel test on site.

Energy Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Just Energy (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

The hiring process is easy. You get called in for an interview as soon as you apply. I applied through indeed and went in after around 5 days for the interview. In the interview they are basically seeing your personality and if you are the right fit for the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were very flexible about the work shifts and easy going. But hard when they are teaching for our good.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Just Energy (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

This is two stage interview process, it starts with a telephone interview followed by on site interview. Twice I had a telephone interview but then they said they will forward my information to the manager but I never heard back from them. The phone interview was generic and I had a good feel from it but afterwards no response.