Just Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

44 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Just Energy (Elgin, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

Seen an AD on indeed. I was called by a recruiter spoke for ten minutes. I was asked to come in for a face to face interview the very next day. That's when I should of done my research but I didn't.

I met with the recruiter. I was asked some information about my background and why I left past companies. That was all summed up in fifteen minutes. Then the remainder 45 minutes was a sales pitch on how great "Just Energy" is and so forth. The pay is $11 an hour with commission. If you sell two plans a day your on track to make over $40K a year. It's just a telemarketing job. It's not a real career. They make it seem like it's not and they can change peoples lives. Well, I did do my research the very next day. A lot of scams being done by this company and a lot of unhappy employees.

I was told to give the recruiter a call end of next week. Because I stated to her that I do have other interviews lined up for the remainder of the week. That's when she totally changed her mood. From being super nice to being a pushy salesman. She basically told me well hope your other interviews don't go well because we want you here. That's where I draw the line. I will not be calling her. I rather take a job with a set salary and not be apart of any scam.

Interview Questions

• Nothing. The whole interview was a sales pitch why I should take a telemarketing job and be paid commission.   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bingham Farms, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Just Energy (Bingham Farms, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

In a room full of applicants, a manager shared about the company as well as his story of not having a college degree and hearing about this job and working his way up to management. I was given a worksheet for busy work while each of us was called in every few minutes for individual interviews. When I was called in, I was asked a few questions about my resume, then the interviewer spoke a lot about the position. At the end he told me to call him in a few hours for their decision. For my part, the interview was 70/30 listening versus speaking. I didn't end up calling.

Gas Settlement Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Just Energy.

Interview

I applied online. The process took around 2 weeks, I got the call for the interview. First you have to take a test so they see your analyzing skills, then the hiring manager comes in to interview you, mostly to go over the questions you answer.

Interview Questions

• They ask questions such as "If there is a 10x10x10 cube made of small cubes, and you paint 3 faces, how many of them would have paints if you take the small cubes out"   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Just Energy (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Met up with Manager and went over the resume and discussed my skill set in details and went through the job description and related stuff for the job. Briefed abot the job and the requirements associated with it.

Interview Questions

• My experience and the nature of duties about my previous job   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Just Energy in November 2015.

Interview

I did 2 phone interviews with two recruiters from Canada who barely spoke English. I got the gist that it was a very unprofessional environment just based off of how the recruiters barely knew what they were talking about. I'm a recruiter by training and they barely vetted me. Communication was spotty at best and they never let me know that I would not be moving forward in the process (totally fine by me).

Interview Questions

• Really standard/general questions. Basically an admin position for the recruiter that finds retail sales agents (look up the scandal regarding these roles on Wikipedia).   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Just Energy.

Interview

had to fill out a "application" after they found my resume on MONSTER. Waiting room playing pop music ...very non professional looking folks also interviewing (one girl holey jeans) ... guess everyone funnels in the same way. Their application asked for DOB for a "background check" on the back of the app ... gateway to Age Discrimination

Unknown Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Just Energy (Dallas, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I received an email stating my resume was viewed in Monster and if I could have an appointment for the interview the next day. No information on job description or expected skillset was mentioned. I scheduled interview and got a copy of updated resume . It was a 10 min interview - completely general to know about work experience, current job and importantly attitude towards work.

Energy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Just Energy (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

There was a phone interview and then an on site interview. The phone interview was just two questions and when called in for on-site, there were two people. Although the second lady didn't ask many questions. Basic questions like the cube ones and some more on my resume. Overall a good interview experience.

Interview Questions

• 1000 small cubes are made into one cube and painted and now taken apart then how many small cubes don't have paint on all three sides?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Park, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Just Energy (Oak Park, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

This place is very dishonest when they called to schedule an interview. The lady was very short and seemed to be rush. she stated that they wanted to interview me for a customer service rep position. I clearly asked her what does this position entails, she stated that I will be answering inbound phone call about customers questions and concerns about their bill. But when. I got there for an interview it was 6 other ppl waiting to be interviewed also. Well someone came out and brought us all in one room. And stated that this is a 100% commissions based job and that do not have any csr positions..and that time 5 outta 6 of us walk out because we was all told that what we were interviewing for. The job was basically of you work 8hrs and don't make a sale you don't get paid..they are very dishonest. It's a door to door sales position.

Operations Analyst, Billing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Just Energy (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Great interview process, nice building, extremely friendly staff. Overall, the office setting was professional and inviting. I still have not heard back from them, but it's only been 2 days. I think the interview went well, though that's just my opinion. I would be honored to work for this company.

Interview Questions

• Review resume, go over current experience, why I'm leaving current job, etc   Answer Question