Just Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 10, 2017

1.9

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Just Energy (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I got a phone call from this company and went into to interview for a RECRUITING position. The lady said I did great and invited me to meet with the hire manager the next week. I came in he disregarded any comments or anything I had to say in general. He talked to me about doing business to business sales, which if you have not read from the other posts is a complete scam. It was a complete waste of time and horrible experience. I should have stuck with my instinct because I knew something was sketchy with the whole scenario.

Interview Questions

• Easy basic questions
      Explain to me your past experiences?   Answer Question

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Just Energy (Houston, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

About 3 interviews. First one phone interview. Very calm setting, they invite you to their office and hold it in a conference room, one on one setting.Very polite and gives you ample time to speak, straightforward.Research the company and the role.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the team   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bingham, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Just Energy (Bingham, MI).

Interview

They don't tell you everything over the phone. Once you get to the interview then you figure out its a door to door position. I can't speak for the other job positions they have.

Talent Acquisition Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Just Energy in November 2015.

Interview

I did 2 phone interviews with two recruiters from Canada who barely spoke English. I got the gist that it was a very unprofessional environment just based off of how the recruiters barely knew what they were talking about. I'm a recruiter by training and they barely vetted me. Communication was spotty at best and they never let me know that I would not be moving forward in the process (totally fine by me).

Interview Questions

• Really standard/general questions. Basically an admin position for the recruiter that finds retail sales agents (look up the scandal regarding these roles on Wikipedia).   Answer Question

Independent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Just Energy (Oak Park, IL).

Interview

It was super easy. If you showed that you wanted advancement(whether you would actually get it or not) then they hired you. They asked very little questions and hired a lot of people because of the high turn over rate that the company gets. It is door-to-door knocking and a lot of times you go to bad areas because they 'get you better deals.'

Solar Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yonkers, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Just Energy (Yonkers, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call back that same day. Phone interview was easy. In person interview was easy. Seemed a little sketchy. No one was in the office except this one guy who was interviewing.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Just Energy (Clinton, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

Was called regarding my resume they had viewed online. I specifically asked if this was a sales position. I was told it was NOT, it was for customer service.

Drove 35 minutes to sit in a room with about 10 other people; got talked at by a guy in a suit who told us how much money he makes now, it changed his life, etc.

Got a feeling this was a sales position, but then he mentions there are several different positions looking to be filled, so I stick around.

People were called out one by one for the shortest one on one you could possibly imagine.

When it was my turn, I am told there is only this door to door "not a sales position" position working 9-9 M-Sat, but OMG YOU CAN MAKE SO MUCH MONEY! As I was leaving, he tells me, "We've got 18 year olds making $2000 a week! You don't think you can do that?"

Interview Questions

• Are you ok with "production based pay? (Translation: Are you ok with getting paid based on how many people you sign up for our program? No, there is no base pay. If no one signs up, YOU JUST WORKED FOR FREE!)   Answer Question

I am not OK with no guaranteed base pay.

IT Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Just Energy.

Interview

had to fill out a "application" after they found my resume on MONSTER. Waiting room playing pop music ...very non professional looking folks also interviewing (one girl holey jeans) ... guess everyone funnels in the same way. Their application asked for DOB for a "background check" on the back of the app ... gateway to Age Discrimination

Senior Analyst- Middle Office Natural Gas Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Just Energy (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by the groups supervisor over the phone and asked to come in that day for a interview. I interviewed with Levent the middle office manager, an HR person and Cathy Pham. Described the job, the teams dynamics and discussed my abilities. Levent came in rather late and intimidating asking very tedious math analytical questions.

Interview Questions

• Lavent asked a pipeline process question in relation to storage usage and how it effects the business over a time period.   1 Answer

Unknown Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Just Energy (Dallas, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I received an email stating my resume was viewed in Monster and if I could have an appointment for the interview the next day. No information on job description or expected skillset was mentioned. I scheduled interview and got a copy of updated resume . It was a 10 min interview - completely general to know about work experience, current job and importantly attitude towards work.