K. Hovnanian Homes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 1, 2018

2.6

Marketing Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes (Richfield, OH) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process was relatively straight forward and as timely as possible. It started with email communication, followed by a phone screen by a recruiter in NJ. At that point, she scheduled an in person interview, too (so I must have said something right!) with the local marketing manager at their office for the following week. I met the manager who was punctual and straight forward. Gave me some background. She was new to the position (I was interviewing for her former position) and there was also a vacancy in the role above her (regional manager), so the whole department is in transition and I definitely got the sense of frustration from her a little bit, both that she felt that there was a lot of work to manage but also a lot of reshaping to be done. She was super nice, though, and I really felt that I could empathize with what was going on from my own experiences in a shifting department and I was eager to help contribute. She said they were hiring either one or two administrators but that was to be determined after discussing with the local director. I felt that she and I really hit it off and my interview, scheduled for an hour, lasted an hour and a half and she rearranged a phone call to stay talking with me. I was asked to bring a portfolio of collateral, which I did. We talked about my strengths/weaknesses and also how I best work/what type of environment I like to work in. We talked about her vision, the immediate needs that this role needs to fill, and the scope of the department she would like to see down the line. It definitely sounded like she inherited some mess, for lack of better phrasing, that she was really focused on cleaning up. Very organized, very clear on the expectations of the role, etc. and I was told after she discussed with the director they would reach out if selected for a second interview and that they are looking at making a decision by the end of April (which was two weeks from the time of the interview). Ultimately, after reaching out twice (I now realize why there was a delay in getting back to me) to the NJ recruiter, I was told that the marketing director wants the regional position filled first before filling the administrator role(s). I was asked if I wanted to wait out the process which I told I would. I asked for a general timeline/where I stood as an applicant, though, and didn't hear back. I realize those may be hard questions to answer at the time, but would appreciate an acknowledgement as such, especially since I feel we hit it off so well. So my experience with the individuals was good, obviously, but I am a little frustrated by the change in process, but that's how it goes sometimes and I understand the need for it. So for now, I am waiting! Overall good, though.

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview process was extremely well managed. I felt that I was in the loop throughout the process and was given accurate timelines and check-ins. The recruitment staff was extremely friendly and made me feel very comfortable and prepared for my interviews. The two employees that I had the opportunity to meet with during my interviews were great and both people I spoke to were great sources of knowledge and really gave me a good feel for the culture at K. Hovnanian. I could not be happier!

Interview Questions

• In your opinion - How do you define "Data Driven" marketing   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes (Dallas, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Very pleasant...not too tough with a recruiter first over the phone....then another phone interview with the sales manager. The interviewer was very pleasant and easy to talk to seem to really be interested in what I was saying

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes in July 2017.

Interview

First, the recruiter called me on the wrong day. She realized this and said in her voicemail that she would call me the following day, which was our scheduled day. She missed the correct appointment, then asked that we reschedule. She proceeded to miss THREE more appointments! When I finally flagged her down and we spoke, she was describing a job that was different than which I had applied. I decided to give it a shot anyway; we discussed when I would come in to interview and she said she would follow up with an assessment (am I the only person who hates these?). She never sent it and I never heard from her again!

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy. I had two phone interviews and an in person interview with two people. Before the in person interview, I had my supervisor email me with a set a questions they had for me to answer regarding my experience. The process took about two months.

Corporate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes.

Interview

Talent/skill assessment prior to in-person interview. Phone screen from recruiter prior to interview. Behavioral questions asked during interview. About 45 min - 1 hour in person interview. Overall smooth process.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a specific situation? What steps would you take? How have you handled this situation in the past?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes (Sacramento, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Called local management and met with VP of Sales and Sales Manager. Also had a phone interview with Corp. Recruiter and Sales Trainer. The process was very pleasant, and everyone was extremely professional and friendly. They also had me go online for the different personality tests, and also had to have a background check and drug screening. What really sold me on this company was the management that I interviewed with.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle objections? What do you say if they buyer says " I'm just looking" How do you feel about training?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for a Sales Consultant in Chicago, IL area. Total of 5 interviews. HR is in New Jersey. First was a phone call from HR just to clarify if I was interested in the job. Second was a phone interview with HR. I then had to do a personality assessment and sales questionnaire.

From that point it took about 3 weeks to get a response. Eventually the hiring manager wanted to set up an in person interview (3rd interview). Pretty standard interview questions. Nothing crazy. Just wanted to make sure I was ok with salary and the sales expectations. Also there is a training program they wanted me to go through.

Apparently I passed that stage, so I interviewed with two more people. 4th interview was the VP of sales in New Jersey, I talked to him over the phone. 5th interview was with a Assistant VP in Chicago, I interviewed in person. After the last interview I got the offer the next week. Since I haven't sold new construction, I was required to start as a Sales Assistant and go through their training. ONce I pass the training I get promoted to Sales Consultant and start earning commissions.

I applied at end of october and got the offer in mid-december. So its about a two month process. Company is very thorough in their hiring process. ONce I accepted offer I went through the background check. They check all your past employers, but nothing too serious. I think some dude calls your old boss for 30 seconds just to see if they exist. They also run criminal and credit checks to see if there is anything shady in your background. THERE IS A DRUG TEST YOU NEED TO PASS. Overall not a bad process, the people are pretty nice. I just wish process was faster.

Interview Questions

• What sales experience do you have?   1 Answer

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes (Houston, TX).

Interview

met with a area manager. we talk about the job and the responsibilities. and salary and bonus potential. we talked about the chance of moving up to a builder position. possible location to where you could be working at.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about home building or if you know how to work on a house.   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bluffton, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes (Bluffton, SC) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview, fairly lengthy, but went well and wasn't stressful. Lady was at a distant office, but was very down to earth and personable. After talking for 30-45 minutes, she sent me an email to fill out a few more things and was going to try to get an in person interview set up with the area manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit in a sales position?   1 Answer