K. Hovnanian Homes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

K. Hovnanian Homes Interview Questions

Interviews at K. Hovnanian Homes

2.5

Production Associate Interview

Interview

Got promises .......
    No fair salary increase......
    Meeting with a good amount of managers with very little experiences.....
    System changes periodically ......
    Quality varies per manager.......
    Upper Managements little communication with team
    No office visits
    No trainings

Construction Interview

Anonymous Employee in West New York, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes (West New York, NJ) in February 2019.

Interview

The interview was quick, i was only asked about my Excel skills and then the interviewer went on to talk about the job duties and responsibilities. And then I was asked about my school schedule and how that would conflict with my availability.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Matawan, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes (Matawan, NJ) in September 2018.

Interview

I had to fill out an application online, create a profile, and then received an email to log in and answer added questions to the application. A few days later, I was sent a link to take three Microsoft tests, and one Customer Service/ work habit questionnaire. I waited two weeks for the first interview, then a mother two weeks for the second.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Very rude, seemed uninterested the whole time, argumentative, and were just looking for a reason to not hire me it seemed, maybe they already had someone else in mind. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Loan Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boynton Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes (Boynton Beach, FL) in June 2018.

Interview

I applied on the K Hovnanian website for the position. I then received a call from HR asking my availability for an interview. Next I received an email with the interview time and date. Next step of course was the interview process, the department manager attended along with an HR representitive. I received a call a few days later with an offer, after that it was a background check and drug test. In all it was a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• I was aksed if you had an irate customer was upset what would you do?   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Matawan, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes (Matawan, NJ) in June 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by their in-house recruiter about a week after emailing them my resume. The recruiter was very friendly throughout the process and responded promptly after every step. First I had a phone screen with the recruiter, after this I was asked to come in and meet with a few members of the team for an interview. The following week I was asked to come back and interview with two of the department heads. Shortly after that I interviewed with the CIO as well. About a week later I was invited back one more time just to meet with HR and review all of my information and the position itself.

Interview Questions

• What did you like the best about your college program?   1 Answer

Homeowner Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richfield, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes (Richfield, OH) in June 2018.

Interview

This is one of the most organized companies I have ever interviewed with. The HR representative is very organized and had an outstanding personality while the phone interview process was being handled.
    I really appreciated the follow though on her end with organizing my in person interview as well as staying in touch with me through the interview process.
    When I met with the Quality Manger, he was honest and upfront about the position and its requirements. All information was presented to me in a professional manner which was very appreciated.

Interview Questions

• What previous skills do you have that would make you a good fit for this position?   1 Answer

Architectural Drafter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Matawan, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes (Matawan, NJ) in May 2018.

Interview

After applying online, I was asked to provide examples of previous work completed. During the process of the work previously completed being reviewed HR reached out to do a phone interview. I was asked later in the phone interview to visit the Matawan office to take a few skill tests and be interviewed by a board of managers. After about a week of completing the skills test and board interview, I reached out to HR to follow-up on the interview. During this time I got the news I would be receiving the position I applied for and an offer would be sent over to me the following day. Upon receiving the offer I had to complete a background check. The HR team was very intuitive with a great level of communication. The managers I met with for the interview were professional, intellectual and maintained a high level of communication. The interview process wasn't hard but it is very professional.

Interview Questions

• What would you describe a typical day of work at your current place of work? (not the most difficult question but I'm not given that away)   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes (Cleveland, OH) in May 2018.

Interview

Their HR department was very professional, timely, focused with their communication follow thru. Others companies should mirror their process by not being drawn out with little follow thru during the process.

Interview Questions

• Work/life balance is very important to the company, asked about my time away from work and how I relax with my hobbies   Answer Question

Marketing Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes (Richfield, OH) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process was relatively straight forward and as timely as possible. It started with email communication, followed by a phone screen by a recruiter in NJ. At that point, she scheduled an in person interview, too (so I must have said something right!) with the local marketing manager at their office for the following week. I met the manager who was punctual and straight forward. Gave me some background. She was new to the position (I was interviewing for her former position) and there was also a vacancy in the role above her (regional manager), so the whole department is in transition and I definitely got the sense of frustration from her a little bit, both that she felt that there was a lot of work to manage but also a lot of reshaping to be done. She was super nice, though, and I really felt that I could empathize with what was going on from my own experiences in a shifting department and I was eager to help contribute. She said they were hiring either one or two administrators but that was to be determined after discussing with the local director. I felt that she and I really hit it off and my interview, scheduled for an hour, lasted an hour and a half and she rearranged a phone call to stay talking with me. I was asked to bring a portfolio of collateral, which I did. We talked about my strengths/weaknesses and also how I best work/what type of environment I like to work in. We talked about her vision, the immediate needs that this role needs to fill, and the scope of the department she would like to see down the line. It definitely sounded like she inherited some mess, for lack of better phrasing, that she was really focused on cleaning up. Very organized, very clear on the expectations of the role, etc. and I was told after she discussed with the director they would reach out if selected for a second interview and that they are looking at making a decision by the end of April (which was two weeks from the time of the interview). Ultimately, after reaching out twice (I now realize why there was a delay in getting back to me) to the NJ recruiter, I was told that the marketing director wants the regional position filled first before filling the administrator role(s). I was asked if I wanted to wait out the process which I told I would. I asked for a general timeline/where I stood as an applicant, though, and didn't hear back. I realize those may be hard questions to answer at the time, but would appreciate an acknowledgement as such, especially since I feel we hit it off so well. So my experience with the individuals was good, obviously, but I am a little frustrated by the change in process, but that's how it goes sometimes and I understand the need for it. So for now, I am waiting! Overall good, though.