K. Hovnanian Homes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2018

2.6

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes (Fresno, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

not much to it filled out app online and waited and waited. interview was pretty easy but with a panel of 3 felt like I was under the gun.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

wasnt any

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes (Houston, TX).

Interview

met with a area manager. we talk about the job and the responsibilities. and salary and bonus potential. we talked about the chance of moving up to a builder position. possible location to where you could be working at.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about home building or if you know how to work on a house.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes.

Interview

The entire process took about a month and a half.

Very positive experience. Consisted of phone interview, in-person interview, and written assignment.

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes in July 2017.

Interview

First, the recruiter called me on the wrong day. She realized this and said in her voicemail that she would call me the following day, which was our scheduled day. She missed the correct appointment, then asked that we reschedule. She proceeded to miss THREE more appointments! When I finally flagged her down and we spoke, she was describing a job that was different than which I had applied. I decided to give it a shot anyway; we discussed when I would come in to interview and she said she would follow up with an assessment (am I the only person who hates these?). She never sent it and I never heard from her again!

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Red Bank, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes (Red Bank, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

My first contact was a phone interview which lasted approximately 45 minutes. It consisted of all the typical interview questions i.e. what is your greatest strength and weakness (really??). This appeared to go smoothly although most of the questions were rather canned. The next step was a battery of psychological, background, and skill tests. This testing took upwards of six hours to complete. I can only hope they were selective to whom they sent this battery...because it was time consuming and although I was extremely experienced with the software the tests were not user friendly. I then had been told I would receive a call Monday of the following week. I never heard from them. Not even the courtesy of a return phone call to my inquiry. This is not a very professional organization. A week letter, I received a form email. I was warned by a previous employee about their corporate ethos. I should have listened and not wasted my time.

Interview Questions

• A very telling question..."How would you handle an angry homeowner?" I guess really it depend on why they were angry....I can only imagine.   Answer Question

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes (Mesa, AZ) in March 2012.

Interview

I was in my 50s and was qualified for the position. I surprisingly never made it to the interview process. I quickly found out the reason as a friend who was not qualified was contacted for an interview.

Interview Questions

• When my friend was interviewed, she was asked 'When and where did you graduate from high school?'   3 Answers

Architectural Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Telephone Interview was good. Asked to to completed the extended form after the interview. But after that I did not hear back anything from them.

Assistant Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes in January 2015.

Interview

Spoke with HR for an initial interview that lasted about 30 minutes. She was very pleasant and asked standard questions such as what I would do in a certain situation or have I experienced etc.

ASSISTANT PURCHASING MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes (Chantilly, VA) in May 2014.

Interview

Phone interview (easy)
    Interview with Purchasing Manager
    Interview with Director
    Interview with VP of Operations
    -- Can't remember exactly when, but I had to do the skill set test and personality (?) test.
    Also, had to do the drug test as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your day to day schedule
      Most challenging part of your work and how do you overcome that?   Answer Question

Land Acquisition Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes in January 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with VP Land and Div President. General talk about my experience and what was needed for the position. They talked mostly. Questions were pretty easy. No other interviews or meeting with team members.