K. Hovnanian Homes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

K. Hovnanian Homes Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes (Dallas, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Very pleasant...not too tough with a recruiter first over the phone....then another phone interview with the sales manager. The interviewer was very pleasant and easy to talk to seem to really be interested in what I was saying

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes in July 2017.

Interview

First, the recruiter called me on the wrong day. She realized this and said in her voicemail that she would call me the following day, which was our scheduled day. She missed the correct appointment, then asked that we reschedule. She proceeded to miss THREE more appointments! When I finally flagged her down and we spoke, she was describing a job that was different than which I had applied. I decided to give it a shot anyway; we discussed when I would come in to interview and she said she would follow up with an assessment (am I the only person who hates these?). She never sent it and I never heard from her again!

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy. I had two phone interviews and an in person interview with two people. Before the in person interview, I had my supervisor email me with a set a questions they had for me to answer regarding my experience. The process took about two months.

Corporate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes.

Interview

Talent/skill assessment prior to in-person interview. Phone screen from recruiter prior to interview. Behavioral questions asked during interview. About 45 min - 1 hour in person interview. Overall smooth process.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a specific situation? What steps would you take? How have you handled this situation in the past?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes (Sacramento, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Called local management and met with VP of Sales and Sales Manager. Also had a phone interview with Corp. Recruiter and Sales Trainer. The process was very pleasant, and everyone was extremely professional and friendly. They also had me go online for the different personality tests, and also had to have a background check and drug screening. What really sold me on this company was the management that I interviewed with.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle objections? What do you say if they buyer says " I'm just looking" How do you feel about training?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for a Sales Consultant in Chicago, IL area. Total of 5 interviews. HR is in New Jersey. First was a phone call from HR just to clarify if I was interested in the job. Second was a phone interview with HR. I then had to do a personality assessment and sales questionnaire.

From that point it took about 3 weeks to get a response. Eventually the hiring manager wanted to set up an in person interview (3rd interview). Pretty standard interview questions. Nothing crazy. Just wanted to make sure I was ok with salary and the sales expectations. Also there is a training program they wanted me to go through.

Apparently I passed that stage, so I interviewed with two more people. 4th interview was the VP of sales in New Jersey, I talked to him over the phone. 5th interview was with a Assistant VP in Chicago, I interviewed in person. After the last interview I got the offer the next week. Since I haven't sold new construction, I was required to start as a Sales Assistant and go through their training. ONce I pass the training I get promoted to Sales Consultant and start earning commissions.

I applied at end of october and got the offer in mid-december. So its about a two month process. Company is very thorough in their hiring process. ONce I accepted offer I went through the background check. They check all your past employers, but nothing too serious. I think some dude calls your old boss for 30 seconds just to see if they exist. They also run criminal and credit checks to see if there is anything shady in your background. THERE IS A DRUG TEST YOU NEED TO PASS. Overall not a bad process, the people are pretty nice. I just wish process was faster.

Interview Questions

• What sales experience do you have?   1 Answer

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes (Houston, TX).

Interview

met with a area manager. we talk about the job and the responsibilities. and salary and bonus potential. we talked about the chance of moving up to a builder position. possible location to where you could be working at.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about home building or if you know how to work on a house.   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bluffton, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes (Bluffton, SC) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview, fairly lengthy, but went well and wasn't stressful. Lady was at a distant office, but was very down to earth and personable. After talking for 30-45 minutes, she sent me an email to fill out a few more things and was going to try to get an in person interview set up with the area manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit in a sales position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

The District sales manager called me first to see if I may be interested in switching builders/employers. Then a Recruiter contacted me, I completed a Phone interview first, then completed an online questionnaire and sent in my resume. I then had an in person interview with District sales manager off site, then in person with the Division President at the corporate office. Overall a very easy transition, I was made to feel very valued and appreciated.

Interview Questions

• What are your expectations in working for this company in this type of position?   1 Answer
    • Discribe the sales process you have been trained in using and are you using it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a start date that was most beneficial for me. I hadn't attempted to negotiate the intaitial draw and payback period, but in hindsight I would recommend exercising your negotiation skills and see if you can get any amount of time paid without having to pay back completely.

ACCM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes (Edison, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through my university and the Interview process consisted of one on site interview. The questions were average about why I wanted to join the K. Hovnanian Homes community. The overall experience of this interview was good and definitely one that I learned from.

Interview Questions

• Why should we choose you over the other applicants?   1 Answer