K. Hovnanian Homes Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 43 of over 43 interviews

Employee Referral7%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

K. Hovnanian Homes

Application

I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes

Interview

Got promises ....... No fair salary increase...... Meeting with a good amount of managers with very little experiences..... System changes periodically ...... Quality varies per manager....... Upper Managements little communication with team No office visits No trainings

Interview Questions
  • Ok
    1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in West New York, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes (West New York, NJ) in Feb 2019

Interview

The interview was quick, i was only asked about my Excel skills and then the interviewer went on to talk about the job duties and responsibilities. And then I was asked about my school schedule and how that would conflict with my availability.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes (Roseville, CA) in Nov 2018

Interview

I should have noticed a huge red flag right away. The individual who would later be my supervisor asked if I was married or if I had children during the interview.

Interview Questions
  • Can you see yourself keeping this job longer than 2 to 3 years?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Matawan, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes (Matawan, NJ) in Sep 2018

Interview

I had to fill out an application online, create a profile, and then received an email to log in and answer added questions to the application. A few days later, I was sent a link to take three Microsoft tests, and one Customer Service/ work habit questionnaire. I waited two weeks for the first interview, then a mother two weeks for the second.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

K. Hovnanian Homes

Application

I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes

Interview

Very rude, seemed uninterested the whole time, argumentative, and were just looking for a reason to not hire me it seemed, maybe they already had someone else in mind. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Boynton Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes (Boynton Beach, FL) in Jun 2018

Interview

I applied on the K Hovnanian website for the position. I then received a call from HR asking my availability for an interview. Next I received an email with the interview time and date. Next step of course was the interview process, the department manager attended along with an HR representitive. I received a call a few days later with an offer, after that it was a background check and drug test. In all it was a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
  • I was aksed if you had an irate customer was upset what would you do?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Matawan, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes (Matawan, NJ) in Jun 2018

Interview

I was contacted by their in-house recruiter about a week after emailing them my resume. The recruiter was very friendly throughout the process and responded promptly after every step. First I had a phone screen with the recruiter, after this I was asked to come in and meet with a few members of the team for an interview. The following week I was asked to come back and interview with two of the department heads. Shortly after that I interviewed with the CIO as well. About a week later I was invited back one more time just to meet with HR and review all of my information and the position itself.

Interview Questions
  • What did you like the best about your college program?

Anonymous Employee in Richfield, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes (Richfield, OH) in Jun 2018

Interview

This is one of the most organized companies I have ever interviewed with. The HR representative is very organized and had an outstanding personality while the phone interview process was being handled. I really appreciated the follow though on her end with organizing my in person interview as well as staying in touch with me through the interview process. When I met with the Quality Manger, he was honest and upfront about the position and its requirements. All information was presented to me in a professional manner which was very appreciated.

Interview Questions
  • What previous skills do you have that would make you a good fit for this position?

Anonymous Employee in Matawan, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes (Matawan, NJ) in May 2018

Interview

After applying online, I was asked to provide examples of previous work completed. During the process of the work previously completed being reviewed HR reached out to do a phone interview. I was asked later in the phone interview to visit the Matawan office to take a few skill tests and be interviewed by a board of managers. After about a week of completing the skills test and board interview, I reached out to HR to follow-up on the interview. During this time I got the news I would be receiving the position I applied for and an offer would be sent over to me the following day. Upon receiving the offer I had to complete a background check. The HR team was very intuitive with a great level of communication. The managers I met with for the interview were professional, intellectual and maintained a high level of communication. The interview process wasn't hard but it is very professional.

Interview Questions
  • What would you describe a typical day of work at your current place of work? (not the most difficult question but I'm not given that away)
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes (Cleveland, OH) in May 2018

Interview

Their HR department was very professional, timely, focused with their communication follow thru. Others companies should mirror their process by not being drawn out with little follow thru during the process.

Interview Questions
  • Work/life balance is very important to the company, asked about my time away from work and how I relax with my hobbies
Viewing 1 - 10 of 43 Interviews