K-LOVE & Air1 Radio Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at K-LOVE & Air1 Radio

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at K-LOVE & Air1 Radio (Rocklin, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

First, HR called me and then did a basic phone interview. Then we did a video conference interview. The video interview was with the manager and the supervisor. They then called me a few weeks later because I was one of the top candidates.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at K-LOVE & Air1 Radio (Sacramento, CA) in April 2019.

Interview

First, I interviewed briefly with the recruiter who basically made it clear that this is a Christian organization and that if working there, I would need to sign a document agreeing to the mission, and agreeing to some of the fundamental doctrines of the Christian faith. I agreed to do so.

Next, they sent me a coding assignment. They asked me to create a web app as described in the next section (please see next section).

Interview Questions

• Build a simple web application for managing employee contact lists.

Required:
         * Use of C#, ASP.NET MVC, and Entity Framework
         * CRUD for Departments
         * CRUD for Employees (including contact information)
         * Ability to associate an Employee with a Department
         * Ability to view a list of all Employees in a Department
         * Instructions on how to install/run/test the application

(See my answer in the next section )   2 Answers

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at K-LOVE & Air1 Radio (Rocklin, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

After filling out the online application, I was contacted by the recruiter via e-mail to set up an initial chat via phone. The initial phone interview asked some basic questions, confirmed the information I had entered on the web form, verified that I was still interested in pursuing the position, and just generally confirmed that I would be a viable candidate and a good fit for the position.

After these first steps, I was given an opportunity to do another interview via phone with the person who would be my direct supervisor (the regional engineering manager). We had chatted at length previously, so he and I were already very much on the same page about the position.

Next I was asked to fill out some additional paperwork including a formal application, motor vehicle records check authorization, and sign a statement of faith (they are a Christian organization and their mission and values reflect this).

The next phase was a trip to their headquarters in Rocklin, California for a day long in-person interview process with the engineering team. They made all arrangements (air, car, hotel) and paid for the whole trip. Never once was I expected to pay out of pocket.

This trip was started with a tour of the facility, continued with a functional overview of the engineering team at HQ, and I was interviewed throughout. I spent 30-60 minute blocks all day long with people in the various engineering teams (NOC, rack build/repair shop, RF proof, satellite distribution, operations, site development). Overall the process was relatively casual and laid back. I never once felt stressed or intimidated by the process. The whole thing was more like a series of casual conversations. Lunch with the team was a highlight.

The day ended with a conversation with the regional engineering manager who would be my supervisor.

After the trip to Rocklin, I was asked to fill out an authorization for a background check. Once the background check was well underway, I was given an offer letter and start date contingent on the background check clearing (which it did several days later).

The start date was set to coincide with a two day employee orientation session in California (again, all travel
    completely arranged and paid for). Engineers spend the remainder of the week after orientation for some training specific to the engineering department.

Overall the process took about 60 days. The whole process was extremely thorough yet transparent. Never once was I "left hanging".

Interview Questions

• What was the most expensive mistake you've ever made?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your broadcast engineering background (RF and satellite experience, etc)   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a difficult situation you faced and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question
    • This position involves a considerable amount of travel--are you OK with that?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about EMF and K-Love/Air1?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at K-LOVE & Air1 Radio (Rocklin, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Being a contractor before, my journey started out with 5 years of oncall contracting work covering emergencies, and inspections, I saw that there was an opening in my area so I applied, had 2 telephone interviews, The Senior Regional Engineer flew out to interview with me near my home town, and later I was flown to Corporate in Rocklin, CA for a full day interviewing with various senior team members and even a team lunch. A very busy, exciting and eye opening day. I was formally offered the position after reference review, a background check and some other paperwork for HR. And here I am.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult engineering challenge you have faced in all of your years of broadcast?   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at K-LOVE & Air1 Radio (Sacramento, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview asking about my work experience and past history analyzing data. Didn't make it past the first round so I was not invited for an in person interview. Enjoyable interview that was more like a conversation than a test or screening.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you've used data to answer questions at a previous job.   Answer Question

Digital Content Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at K-LOVE & Air1 Radio (Sacramento, CA) in June 2019.

Interview

One of the worst interview processes I have ever experienced. The recruiter didn't want to discuss anything about the role or ask any questions about my background and why I would be a good fit for the position. Instead all she wanted to do is belittle me for not being a Christian, she kept telling me that they don't have to hire me because I'm not Christian, and that they don't have to follow EEOC rules because they're a "ministry." This companies moral values are a joke, and this company should be ashamed of themselves for judging people. Pretty sure it mentions not to do such in the bible, but you pick and choose the scriptures you follow right?

Interview Questions

• Are you christian?   1 Answer
    • Do you believe in the father, son, and holy spirit?   1 Answer
    • You do know we are christian?   1 Answer
    • And you want to work here knowing this?   1 Answer
    • We would need you to lead prayer are you okay with that?   1 Answer
    • We would need you to attend church on the weekends?   1 Answer
    • So you're not christian?   1 Answer
    • why did you apply to a christian company?   1 Answer
    • Before we even consider giving you a job interview you would have to sign a document stating you agree to the following, if so is that going to be an issue for you?

Our Beliefs
      The Bible to be the inspired, only infallible and authoritative Word of God.
      (2 Tim 3:15-17, 1 Thess 2:13, 2 Peter 1:21)
      There is one true God eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
      (Deut 6:4, Isa 43:10-11, Matt 28:18-20, Luke 3:22)
      In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, substitutional death on the cross, bodily resurrection, ascension to the Father and His personal return in power and glory.
      (Matt 1:23, Luke 1:31-32, Acts 10:37-38, Acts 2:22, Heb 7:26-27, 1 Cor 15:3-5, 2 Cor 5:21-6:1, Matt 28:6, Luke 24:39, 1 Cor 15:4-6, Acts 1:9-11, Phil 2:9-11, Heb 1:3)
      Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for the salvation of sinful man; a person must experience a spiritual rebirth. Only through the power of the Holy Spirit is the Christian able to live a more godly life.
      (Rom 10:12-13, Eph 2:8-10, Titus 2:11, Titus 3:4-8, Rom 8:16, Eph 4:24, Titus 2:12)
      There is a resurrection of both the saved and the lost, the saved to eternal life in heaven, the lost to hell.
      (1 Thess 4:15-17, Rom 3:23-24, 1 Cor 15:51-52, Rev 20:11-15, Rev 21:6-8)
      Jesus Christ rose from the dead and is returning soon.
      (Zech 14:4-5, Matt 24:26, Matt 24:30, Rev 1:7, Rev 19:11-13)
      The Great Commission of the church is to go into the entire world and preach the Gospel to every person.
      (Mark 16:15, Luke 14:23, Matt 28:19-20, Acts 1:7-8, Mark 16:15 -16)
      In the spiritual unity of believers through the working of the Holy Spirit and the Lord Jesus Christ.
      (Eph 4:11-13, Ps 133:1, Phil 2:1-3)
      We believe in holy Christian living, and we must have concern for the hurts and social needs of our fellowmen.
      (Col 3:12-14, Rom 15:1-2)
      We believe we must dedicate ourselves anew to the service of our Lord and to His authority over our lives.
      (Col 2:9-11, Eph 6:7-8)
      Our Values
      We Trust in God: Our faith, trust, and hope is in Christ. God's Word guides our decisions, refreshes us, and creates an unshakable faith. Our dependence on God is reflected in our commitment to prayer.
      Create an Extraordinary Impact: We serve an extraordinary God who deserves our all. He allows us to create, produce and share media with His life-changing message.
      We are Passionate, Creative, and Have Fun: Innovative ideas and solutions, individual initiative, and having a good time make our work and lives more interesting.
      Learn, Improve, and Grow: We challenge and stretch ourselves, each other, and the ministry to realize the full potential God has given us.
      In His Strength: It's not about us.   1 Answer
    • Well I dont know we are just starting the interview process, you might or might not hear back from us...is this a good email address to get a hold of you?   1 Answer

K-LOVE & Air1 Radio Response

Jul 11, 2019 – Sr. Recruiter

With very careful and intentional consideration to your review, we would like to share a few thoughts.

Our mission and values are the cornerstone of our daily work. It is strong and transparent... More

IT Mgt Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at K-LOVE & Air1 Radio.

Interview

Long Process - 4 hour panel interview with 10 min 1x1's after. People were very nice and accommodating.

Interview Questions

• How would you transition from your current field to a media company   Answer Question