K-VA-T Food Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 13, 2017

2.3

Floor Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at K-VA-T Food Stores (Athens, TN) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online, within 1 week I was contacted over the phone. And interview was set up for 8 days later. Upon interview date, I sat down in 4 different chairs. The first interviewer was very friendly and cordial. The second interview was a team between an HR rep and the Assistant manager of the store. Very informative. The third interview was with the store manager, where the offer was given and received. After a brief few minutes later and drug test, I was done. All in all, the entire interview process lasted approximately 30 minutes

Interview Questions

• What kind of availability do you have?   1 Answer
    • How did you hear about this job opening?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at K-VA-T Food Stores.

Interview

Very friendly. I received a phone call asking general questions about my application. I scheduled an interview. I interviewed with the store manager, the HR manager, and the Head Cashier. They seemed eager to want to hire me as the interview went on. Again, they asked the standard questions. My interview was very easy and very fun.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at K-VA-T Food Stores (Johnson City, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

Only one phone interview and it was just basically standard stuff. Heard nothing back from them afterwards but that's so common it's almost laughable. And here are some more words so it will stop talking about the 50 word minimum not sure how it keeps asking for more but well here it is. Blah blah yakity smackity

Interview Questions

• Frankly I can't remember what was asked but mostly things off my resume   Answer Question

Cake Decorator/Deli Helper/Floral Helper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at K-VA-T Food Stores (Knoxville, TN).

Interview

When I interviewed I put in an application and was contacted by phone. There was no phone interview, simply scheduling for the initial interview with HR and whoever will be your Dept. Manager/Assistant Manager. I only had one interview and was hired, but now the company requires the first interview mentioned previously along with an interview with the store manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was my first job so I was just happy to have it, but no, there's generally no negotiation. You put your availability on your application and HR calls applicants based on that. You might get hired in at a higher price point for experience, or rarely you might get hired in at full time, but for the most part, you are hired in at a flat beginning rate and you must make your way up. NOTE: Bakery/Deli and Meat Dept. get higher hourly wages automatically, but applicant must be 18 to work in either dept.

Head Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at K-VA-T Food Stores in March 2012.

Interview

Met with a shift leader and store manager. HR was also present for the interview. A drug test was completed at the end of the interview. The interviewers were very nice. The questions were basic interview questions. I met some of the staff and got a tour of the store.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blountville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at K-VA-T Food Stores (Blountville, TN) in November 2011.

Interview

After I submitted my application, I received a phone call from the Pharmacist in Charge. He and I exchanged a conversation over the phone, after which he invited me to interview for the position. My interview was scheduled in a timely manner (within three days), and the PIC was ready when I arrived. The interview took about 45 minutes, and was extremely detailed. Afterwards, he thanked me for my time and said he would be in touch. While I heard from the PIC rather quickly regarding my offer, since the pharmacy is part of a grocery store chain, the management within the store took awhile. I had to come in for a drug test, as well as in-store training on the computer (which was unscheduled and very confusing).

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question I was asked was who was my hero, and it couldn't be a family member. I didn't see what that had to with pharmacy work, but I'm sure that it helped the PIC make his decision.   Answer Question

Head Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at K-VA-T Food Stores (Johnson City, TN) in September 2009.

Interview

on-line application, 1 on 1 interview, drug test, 2nd interview, orientation

Interview Questions

• on a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate your ability to speak to strangers?   1 Answer

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at K-VA-T Food Stores.

Interview

They called me and asked me to come in and gave me papers to fill out. They drug tested me and gave me a job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They seemed willing to negotiate.