K&L Gates LLP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

K&L Gates LLP Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

2.8

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at K&L Gates LLP.

Interview

Started with on-campus interview with two attorneys, then invited to interview at the firm. All the second-round candidates met at the firm for lunch and a short presentation. Then we went around interviewing with one to three people at time, going through about four different interviews over the course of the afternoon.

Interview Questions

• Everything on your resume is fair game, so be able to discuss. Also, be able to answer the usual questions about why you went to law school, why you want to be at K&L, and why you want to be at the particular office location where you're interviewing   Answer Question

Billing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at K&L Gates LLP (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview process was a long wait. First round was contacted by hiring recruiter. Setup time for telephone interview with hiring recruiter. After a few days finally spoke to hiring recruiter for a duration of 30 to 45 mins. Waiting process for in person interview was another two weeks. Sat with one on one interview with person other than the supervisor as he was not in that day was out sick. Interview lasted two hours of basically listening to interviewer discuss how you can grow within the dept of your firm, et. al. Usual questions asked and was answered. All in all firm occupied several floors, clean, immaculate, open airy office. Real nice and very corporate like.

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at K&L Gates LLP (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Tenure was 2001-2011 (10 years), as member of West Coast firm that merged with the Pittsburgh headquarters. Interview process I experienced is dated, however, it was good, pleasant and professional. I was referred by an existing employee and was recruited as part of the corporate group in the Irvine, California, office, and am grateful for the experience there. Top notch professionals, good work-life balance, nice collegial culture.

Interview Questions

• How does your experience fit with the position applied for?   Answer Question

Patent Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at K&L Gates LLP (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Started with a phone interview from HR, then went to in person in the office. Discussions were made via phone afterward, including verbal offer, then an extensive conflicts check was done, then finally a written offer.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at K&L Gates LLP (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

Initial interview at the firm's office to determine whether a call back would be offered. Meeting was one on one with an attorney at the firm and included questions on academics, background, geographic interests, practice area interests, and other factors to be considered.

Intellectual Property Docket Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at K&L Gates LLP (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very simple and straightforward questions. They ask the traditional questions and about your experience. The new manager gives simplistic interviews, as she is very inexperienced and new to the position. The interview is based on your resume and prior experience. They will tell you about the position and ask you about salary. Be sure to tell them the amount you will be content with as they do not offer bonus or raises. Also, anytime any person in the department makes a mistake, it comes out of the department's budget for bonuses. The majority of the mistakes made last year were made my management and the entire department paid for it.

Business Development Corordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at K&L Gates LLP (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Heard about position and placed call to firm. Had 3 calls prior to 1st visit which included two office visits back:back. Good feedback, but position changed mid-process. Two more interviews and several weeks of waiting only to hear the attorneys were unsure of what they wanted. Frustrating and would not have worked there for any amount of money after the process. They are a global firm, trying to operate in a local market that bases much of it's business on personal relationships.

Legal Secretary Interview

Interview

A series of interviews. All with at least 3 people (one with more). They were very friendly folks. It had been a long time since I had gone through the interview process so it was quite nervewracking. They did try to make you feel at ease and did not try to BS you about the complexities of the job, which was appreciated.

Interview Questions

• Many psychological-type, personality type questions.   1 Answer

Help Desk Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at K&L Gates LLP.

Interview

Help desk manager quit the day before my interview. The IT manager had no clue that any interviews were going on. I waited in the lobby for an hour before the IT manager was contacted and a mini interview was conducted.

Interview Questions

• Manager wasn't prepared for the interview. No questions were asked.   Answer Question

Staff Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at K&L Gates LLP (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview with HR. The following day, I was called back for in person interview to be held at the headquarters later that week. I interviewed in person with 2 senior managers and the hiring manager. The questions were senior management level questions (more business than law). 2 days later, I was called back for a final interview with the team that I would be working with. The questions were around my direct knowledge of conflict management. After that interview, approximately 3 days later, I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to be a staff attorney as opposed to being in court   Answer Question

Negotiation

They gave me the offer and I accepted.