K&L Gates LLP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at K&L Gates LLP

2.9

Sort:

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at K&L Gates LLP.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me about an opening. I interviewed and was given an offer -- only one round of interviews. I believe, however, this was atypical.

Interview Questions

• Almost all the questions were based on my legal experience. No behavioral questions were asked.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at K&L Gates LLP (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

First, there was an on-campus one-on-one interview. After that interview, you waited to learn whether you had been granted a call-back interview. If granted a call-back interview, you scheduled a date to meet with additional attorneys at the firm's offices. It is typical to have individual interviews with 4-6 attorneys of various levels of experience.

Interview Questions

• Q: How are your interviews going?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at K&L Gates LLP.

Interview

Typical day long law firm interview process, multiple 30-45 min. interviews over the course of the day with both associates and partners in various practices. Offer made at the end of the day.

Associate Attorney Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at K&L Gates LLP in July 2013.

Interview

Interview process was very easy. I went into the office for an early morning interview. We got started right on time and the the process went quickly and smoothly. I interviewed with the partners on the specific team and everyone was friendly, easy to speak with, and seemed like well rounded people in general. The whole process took less than two hours and was over with before I knew it.

Interview Questions

• Really no curveballs as far as questions go. It was more conversational than interview style. We talked about the job, firm, expectations, and my experience and background.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at K&L Gates LLP (Seattle, WA) in April 2012.

Interview

I was very late to my interview due to traffic on the Bridge but called ahead and they were very understanding. Two people interviewed me which was a little surprising because I didn't know which interviewer to focus on but it was very comfortable and exciting. Recommend the interview process and the company.

Interview Questions

• What was a time in your life where you faced high-pressure and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Administrative Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at K&L Gates LLP (Chicago, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy but average. I interviewed with multiple individuals from the recruiter to the manager of the department. When the interview was over, they shook my hand and escorted me to the elevators.

Business Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at K&L Gates LLP (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

There was a telephone interview as a first screen from an HR rep, I then interviewed with 4 managers, it was pretty conversational and was not too difficult, although it felt overwhelming at first. The managers were all really easy to talk to. I met the requirements for the role and made a good impression. There was also a writing test that I took after the interview which I performed well on given the last minute notice to take it.

Interview Questions

• Explain my past experience and describe how it relates to the role.   1 Answer

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at K&L Gates LLP (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Easy and friendly. I met with several people -- all of whom I actually ended up working with. The interviews were informal and the people didn't have any sort of canned outline they were following. I appreciated getting to know them better.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about my practice and where I saw myself in 10 years.   Answer Question

Help Desk Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at K&L Gates LLP.

Interview

Help desk manager quit the day before my interview. The IT manager had no clue that any interviews were going on. I waited in the lobby for an hour before the IT manager was contacted and a mini interview was conducted.

Interview Questions

• Manager wasn't prepared for the interview. No questions were asked.   Answer Question

Legal Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at K&L Gates LLP.

Interview

horrible...met with hr, then tossled around, the manager dosent know she has interview, everything was a mess, i called back hr, then she didnt reply and respond i went back to the manager, i was like running in circles and i couldnt even find out where to go...