KAR Auction Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at KAR Auction Services

Salesforce Strategy & Architecture Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at KAR Auction Services (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

Talked to the recruiter from Mason Frank on phone. Met KAR hiring manager in person in Chicago. Was then asked to go over to Indianapolis to meet with other leadership in person. Hiring manager was from Strategy and one of the interviewees was CIO - they were not aligned on role expectations and where it sits in the organization. Mason Frank recruiter was inexperienced with filling for higher level roles. KAR booked hotel but ignored paying for mileage expense. Overall not a good experience, chaotic & unorganized is understandable in a dynamic environment but they came across as unfair & unprofessional.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at KAR Auction Services (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2016.

Interview

They will sit you in a row for several hours while numerous people, including some that have no real stake in the position, rotate in and out each with a set list of questions.

Interview Questions

• How do I think I would handle a situation where I had to make a decision that did not agree with my boss.   Answer Question

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KAR Auction Services (Carmel, IN) in December 2015.

Interview

As an internal applicant I did not have any informal sessions prior to the formal interview, nor were there any pre-screening sessions with HR. The format was a multi-person interview kicked off with a 30 minute presentation to the Senior Leadership Panel, and 30-45 minute individual sessions with other SLT members. Standard questions with a focus on leadership, customer and relationship management, strategy, people development and coaching. Highly NON-technical, focus was on People and Process. There was very little focus on the specifics of the particular job, rather the focus was on performance as a member of the senior leadership team and as a coach and developer of people in general

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you coached your team through a strategic decision?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a difficult conversation with a customer/partner?   Answer Question
    • What do you feel makes you uniquely suited for this position?   Answer Question
    • Do you feel people should be promoted based on their potential?   Answer Question

Sharepoint Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at KAR Auction Services (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by the human resource recruiter a week later for a phone interview. The phone screen interviewed lasted about 30 minutes. During the interview, the HR person thought I might be a good match for another position in the company. She told me she would follow up with the hiring manager in the other department and get back to me within a week.

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at KAR Auction Services (Carmel, IN) in July 2013.

Interview

It was a professional experience. Did not drag on and decisions were made quickly. I had two phone screens and an informal breakfast. The process culminated with an onsite interview. A presentation was required. Was first time I'd done that during an interview but was overall a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to create and present to the leadership team on a relevant topic. It was a novel approach to truly gauge my ability to communicate to a group. An essential skill for the job I was applying for   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at KAR Auction Services in November 2012.

Interview

Very good communication, easy process, made me very comfortable during interview, straight toward with how long it would take and honest about process and future opportunity. Person interviewing was easy to deal with and kept the questions short and to the point to get to the answer that I was best qualified answering.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very easy