KB Home Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 8, 2017

2.7

New Home Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at KB Home (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I was recruited by their own company and it was a very quick process. The recruiter interviews you and asks you questions. If they like you, they set up a time to visit a corporate location and take a 60 question skills test. If you pass the recruiter calls you for a recap and a short interview. From there they relay the information to management and see if they would like to do a panel interview. That's as far as I got.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of example questions about sales techniques and situation/open ended things.   Answer Question

Onsite Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KB Home.

Interview

First step was a phone interview w/ recruiter, then took an assessment test, then another short phone interview with the recruiter, the an in person interview with director. Pleasant experience overall

Design Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at KB Home (Centennial, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied, 1 week later assessment, 1 week later phone interview that was rescheduled a few hours before, 2 weeks later interview, 1 day later interview with director, 1wk later generic decline email.

Interview Questions

• I really connected with recruiter and loved the hiring manager, but went for "final stamp of approval" with director and that was it. His interviewer skills were terrible and uncomfortable to sit through. After all the successful interviews, I was going against his personal bias and was not reviewed accurately based on my capabilities.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KB Home.

Interview

First a one on one conversation with an excellent recruiter was held. She said they Vet all of the applicants and only the very best get past her. Then she called to set up the next interview. Upon arrival for that interview I found there were several potential new hires were bought in at the same time, without being told it was a group interview. There were more "qualified" candidates than places to sit. After a group interview and test, each candidate was called in for a round table interview with the sales director and two sales managers. Then finally an interview with the Area VP.

Interview Questions

• His first words to me before I said anything at all were "When a sales person tells me it sells itself I know they don't know what they're talking about, so tell me really, how do you plan to sell my houses?"   Answer Question

New Home Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KB Home (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

First testing in Westwood Corp office, then a phone interview, then an in person interview. All of this was within one week. Everyone was very nice especially the person I had the face to face interview with. They are a very good company and they let you know exactly what their expectations are which I found very helpful.

Interview Questions

• How many appointments could I generate in a week.   1 Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manteca, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KB Home (Manteca, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online, then had a phone interview then face to face interview with hiring manager. Received an email to schedule the phone interview within a few days of applying. Then scheduled the face to face interview just a week after the phone interview. All interviews were straight forward and semi easy questions. Friendly, hiring manager.

Receptionist/Operations Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at KB Home.

Interview

After applying for the position I started talking with a recruiter who set me up with an assessment test at the KB Home location. Upon passing the assessment test I completed a phone interview with the recruiter then had a face to face interview with the VP of Operations. After the face to face interview I met with 3 other people to make sure that I would mesh well with the company. Everyone is extremely nice and personable. The interviews are pretty generic without many tough questions.

Interview Questions

Interview

After you submit your resume, you have a phone interview that asks basic questions on experience. If the HR rep likes what they hear, you will be directed to take a test at either the main office or at a community, You are timed on the test. The questions are basic math questions. Once you pass, you will be set up with another phone interview and then a face to face interview.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KB Home (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

I had to take a mini SAT Test before the interview, which I passed. During the interview I answered all questions and asked them what they were looking for in a candidate. They said someone like me. I didn't get an offer for no apparent reason except I am black and everyone who works there is white.

Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at KB Home (Houston, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

I posted my resume and experience on linked in. A recruiter called me and we began a phone screening process. I think went to the KB office where I took an aptitude test and went through several interviews.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my experience as a superintendent   1 Answer