KB Home New Home Sales Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KB Home New Home Sales Consultant Interview Questions

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at KB Home (San Jose, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

First passed phone interview, second passed test in corporate office, third interviewed at a home site with sales manager. After completing all test I never was contacted and when I called the recruiter, I was told the sales manager was still busy interviewing others. It has been a long time and I believe going through the whole process was a waste of time. At first the calls from the recruiter were fine and the visit to test at the main office far away was also ok. The problem was with the last interview with the sales manager. The situation was unprofessional from the start with him taking a long break when I showed up on time and coming back without his group to complete the interview. The guy never informed me about the important aspects of the position or contacted me, with a yes or no regarding the job. The guy seemed tired and not focused. I should have walked away when I was left waiting for his to finish eating his junk food.

Interview Questions

• How to handle a walk in customer from start to finish, how to fix a problem with the sale, and how to talk to customers that read bad reviews about K.B. Homes.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for KB Home

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at KB Home (Valencia, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I was called for an interview by the recruiter. She was very nice and we had a wonderful conversation. She called me back later and I think she forgot we spoke earlier, but said she had more questions. They were the same questions as before, but I answered without saying "we did this already" lol. I took the assessment and passed and then they scheduled the interview with the Manager. Upon meeting her, I didn't like her. She was cold and didn't seem to know about sales process. I also got the immediate impression she didn't like me because I held a previous position which was similar to hers and she wasn't going to hire someone with my credentials. we continued on anyway.

They let me ask some questions at the end, which was a good sign. They mentioned that they are hiring an entire new sales staff. When I asked why so many positions were open, they came up with some excuse about wanting to be ready for the market. However, the manager told me that their quota's for the reps were 1 sale per week, and that wasn't happening. She said she couldn't understand why, but the current sales reps just "gave excuses", so they were looking for people. hmmm, that got me thinking. Then I asked how many people come through communities and where the leads come from. I was told that there wasn't much traffic coming into the communities.

I was also told that they EXPECTED the sales agents to work the standard "office hours" and all hours the communities were open and to be available for that walk in customer. However, they also expected sales reps to be out in the community working with realtors, mortgage brokers, finding their own customers, attending meetings etc...on their own time. And since this was a commission only program, that sales reps were not allowed to close the office if it was closing time and there was someone in the office. Also, because it was commission driven position and sales oriented, sales reps were "expected" to do what it takes to bring in their own business in addition to holding down the fort.

I wasn't impressed with a manager who would speak ill of their current staff to a complete stranger and a prospective employee.

It wasn't a place that I felt they understood sales, respected their employees or behaved very professionally.

Interview Questions

• What are your new year's goals? (Seriously?-this was an interview question? LOL)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KB Home (San Antonio, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

I didn't even apply, I was called by a recruiter that was attracted by my resume and experience. I was not interested in moving forward but upon their insistence for 2 weeks, I decided to go for it.

I show up at the office to complete their 65 question assessment and turned it in. Was told to email my resume and I'd receive a response within the week. Well I was emailed 2 hours later saying I was not selected ("Approved" or "Declined") but wouldn't tell me why. The questions asked are kind of the standard personality, math, percentages, "what your previous boss thinks about you" mumbo-jumbo.

Interview Questions

• What would your previous employer say your personality is like?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KB Home (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Started out with a very sweet and professional recruiter calling for a phone interview. I then, went to their central office and took an aptitude test. Once I passed that, I had to do another phone interview, and then they set me up with an interview with the person who would be the manager of who they were hiring. I drove to the location and was sent home because the person stepped into a meeting even though the planned my interview days in advance. Drove home, (it is a 30 minute drive each way), recruiter called and told me to go back. I get all the way back there and was told to go home again. The recruiter couldn't have been more apologetic. The only thing was, once I finally got to interview with the manager, he wasn't friendly, didn't appear to even want to listen and or ask questions, and never once apologized for not being professional and being there on our planned schedule.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at KB Home (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I was recruited by their own company and it was a very quick process. The recruiter interviews you and asks you questions. If they like you, they set up a time to visit a corporate location and take a 60 question skills test. If you pass the recruiter calls you for a recap and a short interview. From there they relay the information to management and see if they would like to do a panel interview. That's as far as I got.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of example questions about sales techniques and situation/open ended things.   Answer Question

New Home Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KB Home.

Interview

First a one on one conversation with an excellent recruiter was held. She said they Vet all of the applicants and only the very best get past her. Then she called to set up the next interview. Upon arrival for that interview I found there were several potential new hires were bought in at the same time, without being told it was a group interview. There were more "qualified" candidates than places to sit. After a group interview and test, each candidate was called in for a round table interview with the sales director and two sales managers. Then finally an interview with the Area VP.

Interview Questions

• His first words to me before I said anything at all were "When a sales person tells me it sells itself I know they don't know what they're talking about, so tell me really, how do you plan to sell my houses?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KB Home (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

First testing in Westwood Corp office, then a phone interview, then an in person interview. All of this was within one week. Everyone was very nice especially the person I had the face to face interview with. They are a very good company and they let you know exactly what their expectations are which I found very helpful.

Interview Questions

• How many appointments could I generate in a week.   1 Answer

New Home Sales Consultant Interview

Interview

After you submit your resume, you have a phone interview that asks basic questions on experience. If the HR rep likes what they hear, you will be directed to take a test at either the main office or at a community, You are timed on the test. The questions are basic math questions. Once you pass, you will be set up with another phone interview and then a face to face interview.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KB Home (Houston, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

Once you pass the skills test, the interview part was very laid back. The sales manager just wanted to make sure your personality was outgoing enough to fit working with people everyday.

Interview Questions

• Do you mind working weekends and holidays when your friends and family are off?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Woodstock, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KB Home (Woodstock, GA).

Interview

We had a very inexperienced hiring manager that practically took anyone with a real estate license.

Negotiation

No negotiation. $ 3000.00/ mo draw against commission. If your sales were not covering the draw out u go.