KB Home Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KB Home Sales Representative Interview Questions

4.0

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KB Home (Houston, TX) in November 2010.

Interview

I was initially contacted by an outside staffing agency who arranged for the first interview. The first interview was conducted in the corporate office with a recruiter who asked me about the jobs on my resume, past experience, etc. I also had to take a written test with math questions and a personality section. After about a week of waiting, I called the recruiter who said that my test scores came back and were great. They then scheduled a second interview during which I met with the sales manager and the human resources manager in a conference room. It was a much more serious interview with questions about my specific responsibilities in the past, why I am interested in this position and how I would respond to customers in given situations. Then, 48 hours later I was called back for a final (3rd) interview with the regional sales manager who asked me to not only talk about past success, but also past failures. He asked about times when I had to deal with an unhappy customer, and much of the interview was focused on finding out what my long term goals and customer service approaches are. He then offered me the position. I later learned that there were a lot of candidates (upward of 50) who were interviewing for the same position. I think of those, less than 10% were hired. The most difficult part of the interview process was waiting between interviews for a call back and not really knowing where you stood.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your most recent job. What were your responsibilities there?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time that you had to respond to a customer complaint. How did you handle it? What did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiating as this is a 100% commission job.

Other Interview Reviews for KB Home

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KB Home in August 2009.

Interview

Interview process was tough. tough questions etc