KBI Biopharma Downstream Process Development Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KBI Biopharma Downstream Process Development Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at KBI Biopharma

2.0

Downstream Process Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KBI Biopharma (Durham, NC) in April 2014.

Interview

The interviews were organized by meeting with different scientists and explaining details of your resume and experience deemed relevant to the position. Everyone I met with had very interesting backgrounds (LinkedIn) and were very kind and relaxed about their interview questions. I was shown around the laboratory and asked about my experiences with different pieces of equipment. The employees really care about you as an individual and your capability of growing within their company. I met with HR and was given free lunch.

Interview Questions

• Name different ways proteins can be separated, besides what your experience shows.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is a temp portion of pay that was slightly lower than the actual salary which I negotiated on based on an offer from a previous company. KBI will not match salaries of other biopharma companies such as Biogen, but their benefits make up for it by leaps and bounds. I was given an offer from Biogen-Idec and had to give KBI a deadline based on their offer and they were able to give me an offer quickly.

Other Interview Reviews for KBI Biopharma

Downstream Process Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KBI Biopharma (Durham, NC).

Interview

The interview panel was a bit unorganized. One of the panel members was on vacation and instead of sliding the subsequent interviewers up, they had me sit and wait around for 30 minutes until the next person arrived on site. Most questions were relatively easy. One individual was a bit aggressive and proclaimed that he was going to "quiz me", and proceeded to ask questions that were not relevant to the job function. Need to know your hourly rate/salary for interview; HR was very aggressive and would not let me leave without giving some "indication" of salary. HR also neglected to ask about my current total and guaranteed compensation (yearly bonus, merit bonus, 401k, health benefits), and in turn the offer was offensively low. Note: KBI does not currently offer yearly bonuses to non-managerial staff. HR seems to be naive to current industry salary/compensation standards and was unwilling to negotiate.

Interview Questions