KBR Billeting Tech Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Billeting Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KBR (Houston, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

*First and foremost the recruiter will not even talk with you until you have a passport & a valid driving license.*
The hiring process is trying. When you first interview with the recruiter much of the subject content is more or less about if you can handle the elements of the area you are applying for. My case was in Iraq so they asked several questions about certain animals (snakes, scorpions, spiders, ect.) and my view on them. Also reminded me several times about how it is a "war zone" so to expect bombings, mortars, rockets, ect.
After the initial interview then you will be sent a packet of several different tasks. One is the SF85 form. Which is basically a 7 yr background packet of your employment, where you lived and where you went to school. Also needing to provide people with their contact info to corroborate each job, house and schooling.
There is also a FBI background, you need to provide the signature of your dentists saying you are healthy enough to not need major dental surgery in the next 4 to 6 months.
You will also need to go take a "personality test". They told me it would take a while to do but I was finished quite quickly so that might be different for you.
You also need to have a bank account so they can direct deposit your checks.
Once you get past the recruitment section of the hiring process the recruiter will set up a date for when you can go to Houston for the processing part of the hiring process.
They will provide your flight and transportation to Houston if you are not a resident of Houston.
They put you up in a hotel and feed you through out this process. (you will be leaving to your work assignment from Houston assuming you pass the processing so you need to come packed and ready to go. They will provide a list of needed items and weight limits for your baggage)
Keep in mind you are NOT getting paid while you are going through this process. You do not start getting pay until your flight leaves for your assigned destination. You will get a cash advance before you leave if you chose to take it. I suggest you do because it is possible you get stuck in a transitioning location waiting for a work visa. I prefer to use cash in other countries because ATM fee's will add up quickly.
The processing in Houston (again a week) consists of going over your SF85 form to make sure it is correctly filled in
Setting up your direct deposit
Medical (this is a trying day) Blood tests, drug tests (urine analysis), dental xray for dental records, chest xray, medical history, eye tests, hearing tests, blood pressure, hernia, STD, ect. The best thing about this day was it was over once you finished and got everything signed. Now keep in mind that you are still not officially hired so if you fail in any area you will be sent home.
You will spend most of the week in lectures and watching safety videos. Some meetings will be specific to your position.
If I remember correctly the days schedule was 06:30 - 18:30 (excluding medical)
Now once you hit Friday end of day you are free Saturday & Sunday (if you are not scheduled to fly out). Don't be suprised if you are stuck in Houston waiting to fly longer than you originally planned. They will be housing you and feeding you the entire time. (Again, pay does NOT start until you are wheels up) While traveling you are receiving BASE PAY without uplift. Uplift doesn't begin until you are wheels down in your assigned country. (this is assuming you are in a war zone ie Iraq or Afghanistan).

Interview Questions