KBR Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

2.5

61 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

HSE Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KBR (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Good interview, sounded like operations and HSE didn't mix well. Current manager explained they were having unusually high incidents and needed someone to work with ops to develp action plans.

Interview Questions

• Philosophy of safety and how I worked to change the culture.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at KBR (Houston, TX).

Interview

En general the questions were about my previous experiences and the type of duties developed in the different previous positions. At the time of interview my experience was 30 years experience in the engineering field.
    Four engineers participated in the interview. It was in Houston Office and I passed in the different offices and each one made questions at the end I passed to the manager's office and he asked me if I had some doubts and the interview concluded.

Interview Questions

• The interview was friendly in Spanish and English. Questions about technical duties and common complications founded to reach a goal in the different projects were I participated.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation was sent by e-mail, so I received a proposal, they sent me some documents about benefices, insurance and they offered clarify any doubt by phone before final agreement.

Senior Technical Professional - Process Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KBR (Houston, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

Very open. Four Managers. very focus. Three of Managers knew some others managers that I had worked with in the past. Very interested in field work experience, Interview went very well.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KBR (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was quite long as expect to be. It was mostly on technical background and past experiences. It was not an easy process but I went through the first round and do better on the 2nd interview.

Document Control Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KBR (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Met with the Department Manager, under went a series of questions related to my job experience and ability to work on a jobsite and travel. Interview was very professional and the Department Manager was one of the most informative and respectful individuals I have met over my career.

Interview Questions

• What was my knowledge with the document management system- Documentum?   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KBR (Houston, TX).

Interview

Normal interview process. I applied online and they called me 10 days later. The phone interview was to get to know each other, nothing serious.They got back to me two weeks later and I did not get the offer .

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at KBR (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Initial Phone interview by recruiter verifying basic info, background, etc. Set up time/date for follow-up call/phone interview by Positional Manager I'd be replacing. After that call went very well, was told I'd be contacted for a follow-up interview with senior staff. Contacted a few days later by recruiter team to set up travel arrangements; they flew me to Houston, had a car pick me up at the airport (driver with my name on a sign and everything) to drive me to the Hotel right across the street from the company building. I was the 2nd of three interviewed the next day, so I slept in and had a leisurely breakfast then walked over.

Was met in the lobby by head of HR and my recruiter, processed through security/badging then escorted upstairs to a conference room. I was introduced there to the Company President, the VP of the section my job is within (and would become my direct report), the Director of Projects (who the job does a lot of cross-work with) and the Manager I'd be replacing. Add the HR Director and the Recruiter to the table and it was myself speaking with a team of six people.

Interview was mostly questions from the Manager I was replacing over skills/experiences specific to our job category. No trick questions, no pressure questions. Standard "tell us about yourself, tell us about a challenge you faced, etc, etc" type questions. The President had a few background questions, and the VP I'd be working directly for had a few more... style/personalty questions, probably to see if we'd be a good fit together. Positive vibes all the way through it. After the Interview, the P and VP walked me around the building to show it's features and where my office would be. All said and done, walked back to the hotel and checked out (flight, car, hotel and a per-diem for the two days paid by them), called for car to take me back to airport.

I was halfway through the trip back, waiting for a connecting flight when I got a call from the VP offering me the job. The pay offered was actually in the upper 25% of the range I had discussed with the recruiter as part of the initial interview, so I happily accepted. Signed contract papers were in my email before I touched down from the next flight. I started work 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• If a situation arose where you realized the Company had made an error involving a contract with the Government, how would you handle it?   1 Answer

Acoustic Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KBR (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

There are two parts. The first part is the manager's interview. He first described about the group and then asked me some question about fan noise, pipe noise and valves. Then let me describe my work. The manager did not look at my resume. The second part is the Senior's interview. He looked carefully at my resume and asked some relative questions which are not difficult.

Materials Control Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KBR (Houston, TX).

Interview

They have a good and respectful and fair hiring practice and good interview. They tell you everything you need to know about the position and place of employment or country and I found their salary offers good.
    You should be expected to know your field of expertise and have all your papers in order such as licenses and passport and background and employment information.

Interview Questions

• asking if I could work in extreme and dangerous environment.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me a great salary and I said yes

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at KBR (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Extremely long process, 4 months from employee referral to decline. was told that if I wanted the position, it was mine, and to let the interviewer know within a few days if I wanted the position. I did just that, waited 3 days and confirmed that I wanted the position. 2 months later, after I had put my job search on hold, was told that I was still being looked at, and to "keep in touch". Left a bad taste in my mouth, and I don't really know if I would want to work for someone like that. I could understand if it was a "we'll call you" or something like that, but to blatantly say that if I want the position, that I could have it, and then two months later say I hadn't been forgotten and was still being looked at? Really?

Interview Questions

• There weren't many questions past clarifying my resume. He literally said that my resume was what he was looking for and didn't try any stereotypical "what's your biggest weakness" etc questions   1 Answer

Didn't seem like the right place to work, I had already accepted another position. They snoozed, and lost.