KBR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 14, 2017

2.5

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KBR (Houston, TX).

Interview

Normal interview process. I applied online and they called me 10 days later. The phone interview was to get to know each other, nothing serious.They got back to me two weeks later and I did not get the offer .

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at KBR.

Interview

Sat down with hiring mgr for lunch and he interviewed me. He questioned me on my education, background, and experience. He didn't ask too may specific questions about qualifications. Really discussed the requirements of the job which I told him I was more than capable of fulfilling

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They made an offer which I accepted. I didn't' try to negotiate the deal.

E & I Tech Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at KBR.

Interview

Got a call from HR and set up interview. Casual setting and mostly covered the technical side of the job and safety issues as well as some regarding OSHA rules and regs and some about former employment.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for KBR?   1 Answer

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at KBR (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Initial Phone interview by recruiter verifying basic info, background, etc. Set up time/date for follow-up call/phone interview by Positional Manager I'd be replacing. After that call went very well, was told I'd be contacted for a follow-up interview with senior staff. Contacted a few days later by recruiter team to set up travel arrangements; they flew me to Houston, had a car pick me up at the airport (driver with my name on a sign and everything) to drive me to the Hotel right across the street from the company building. I was the 2nd of three interviewed the next day, so I slept in and had a leisurely breakfast then walked over.

Was met in the lobby by head of HR and my recruiter, processed through security/badging then escorted upstairs to a conference room. I was introduced there to the Company President, the VP of the section my job is within (and would become my direct report), the Director of Projects (who the job does a lot of cross-work with) and the Manager I'd be replacing. Add the HR Director and the Recruiter to the table and it was myself speaking with a team of six people.

Interview was mostly questions from the Manager I was replacing over skills/experiences specific to our job category. No trick questions, no pressure questions. Standard "tell us about yourself, tell us about a challenge you faced, etc, etc" type questions. The President had a few background questions, and the VP I'd be working directly for had a few more... style/personalty questions, probably to see if we'd be a good fit together. Positive vibes all the way through it. After the Interview, the P and VP walked me around the building to show it's features and where my office would be. All said and done, walked back to the hotel and checked out (flight, car, hotel and a per-diem for the two days paid by them), called for car to take me back to airport.

I was halfway through the trip back, waiting for a connecting flight when I got a call from the VP offering me the job. The pay offered was actually in the upper 25% of the range I had discussed with the recruiter as part of the initial interview, so I happily accepted. Signed contract papers were in my email before I touched down from the next flight. I started work 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• If a situation arose where you realized the Company had made an error involving a contract with the Government, how would you handle it?   1 Answer

Interior Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KBR.

Interview

first time i ever had a group interview and the questions were more for personality and management type positions. it felt more like a game show due to the fact they were interviewing six people at a time and the answers were limited to time due to the fact they had only one hour for the six people. Also at the very end they ask salary requirements verbally so everyone had to tell them what salary they were expected to be paid.

Acoustic Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KBR (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

There are two parts. The first part is the manager's interview. He first described about the group and then asked me some question about fan noise, pipe noise and valves. Then let me describe my work. The manager did not look at my resume. The second part is the Senior's interview. He looked carefully at my resume and asked some relative questions which are not difficult.

Technical Advisor - Mechanical Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KBR.

Interview

Interview was with numerous KBR staff with detailed questions, related to mechanical equipment, etc. and questions related to rotating equipment. Many questions related to field of study and college related courses, etc.

Interview Questions

• Interview was with numerous KBR staff with detailed questions, related to mechanical equipment, etc.   Answer Question

I Was A Pipe Welder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pass Christian, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KBR (Pass Christian, MS) in January 2015.

Interview

weld test 2 week background check hire in. if you want to know more you can contact me in person i wouldn't think a multimillion dollar company would be so poorly managed but, that kind of leadership is everywhere i guess . this was by far the most incest place i ever worked

Food Service Lead Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at KBR.

Interview

Phone interview regarding skills and experience. Hiring decision was made within 2 days based on my experience.Then there is extensive background and security check forms necessary. Police reports etc. They are very thorough with this process, which can take months for approval. Expenses are paid for transport to training and medical vetting. Then it's off to your work site wherever it may be. Overall wonderful experience once you pass the red tape.

Interview Questions

• No hard questions. Beware of embellished lifestyle and perks on the job, promised by recruiters.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. The offer is what it is. Accept or don't.

Career Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shawnee, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KBR (Shawnee, OK) in October 2014.

Interview

Process was a couple of weeks. You had to complete a interest profile in ordered to be considered. The interest profile carries a lot of weight on moving on in the interview process.