KFC Team Member/Cook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KFC Team Member/Cook Interview Questions

Interviews at KFC

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Oneida, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at KFC (Oneida, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

It was easy and great. The manager was very nice. I was asked to take a drug test. I did and passed. I had to fill out some things online. Was told how many hours I will work per week and how many days I would be working. Overall, it was a very good experience.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I would take this job seriously   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for KFC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kenosha, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KFC (Kenosha, WI).

Interview

Walk in interviews yesterday. Filled with alot of potential candidates. Entire process seemed extremely rushed and was not to sure if they were hiring anyone on the spot. There early but others were ahead and were all asked the same questions in a rushed fashion.

Interview Questions

• How many hours do you want to work?
      Do you have reliable transportation?
      What brought you into apply here today?   Answer Question

Team Member/Cook Interview

Interview

It was a very quick interview, she asked a lot of basic questions and overall it was a good interview. The whole process took about two weeks and it was a very easy interview. I was accepted within a week, but I got a different job opportunity so I declined.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a customer who was taking to long to order and there was a long line behind them?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Union City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KFC (Union City, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was very basic, asked a couple questions. Nothing big. However, the interviewer was not into it at all, but none the less I got an offer. A week later, I came to do some paper-works, and 2 more weeks later they called me in for training.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation that you showed a great deal of leadership?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in North Myrtle Beach, Horry, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at KFC (North Myrtle Beach, Horry, SC) in March 2012.

Interview

“Could you share with us a recent accomplishment of which you are most proud?”

“What would you have liked to do more of in your last position? What held you back?”

“Tell us a bit about your work background, and then give us a description of how you think it relates to our current opening.”

“What are your qualifications in your area of expertise, i.e., what skills do you have that make you the best candidate for this position? Include any special training you have had (on-the-job, college, continuing education, seminars, reading, etc.) and related work experience.”

“Why have you applied for this position?”

“What skill set do you think you would bring to this position?”

“Tell me about your present or last job. Why did you choose it? Why did you/do you want to leave?”

“What was your primary contribution/achievement? Biggest challenge?”

“What are your short-term and long-term goals?”

“In what areas would you like to develop further? What are your plans to do that?”

“What are some positive aspects of your last employment/employer? What are some negative aspects

Interview Questions

• ■ How did you fill downtime at your last job?

■ What situations kept you from fulfilling your job duties or from coming to work on time at your last job?

■ What do you feel is an acceptable amount of days to be absent in a calendar year?

■ Think about the last time your manager critiqued your work. How did you respond?

■ What about your character makes you a good candidate for this job?

■ How have you responded in the past when you found another employee was stealing?

■ Priorities often change suddenly throughout the day. If you are asked to quickly do another task, how does that affect your mood? What if it's the third time before noon?

■ How do you handle situations that could cause you to be tardy or absent?

■ Tell me about your last performance review. What was mentioned about how you could improve? Any re-occurring themes?

■ How have you responded in the past when your replacement calls in sick and a substitute will take over an hour to come in?

■ 24/7 operations are like relay races where you take the baton, run with it and then pass it on smoothly. How do you make seamless transitions on shift changes?

■ During the last year, when your replacement hasn’t shown up and your manager asked you to stay late, what percentage of the time have you stayed late?

■ Give an example of when you did something without being asked. Can you give me another example?   Answer Question

Team Member/Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KFC (Colchester, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied online, filled out the survey. Got invited to an interview a few days later, had to rearrange for the next day. At the interview it was very casual, met with a few members and they asked me some basic questions, was offered the job on the spot, filled everything in and I start work soon. Be yourself, don't be overly enthusiastic as they don't like that, I heard that first hand about another interviewee.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked about salary and benefits and about flexible hours.

Team Member/Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KFC (Brisbane (Australia)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online at their website went in for an interview (North Lakes Queensland) Manager was friendly and asked me what I wanted to know first, I asked about the training process and he answered my questions really well, seemed like a really nice guy. 3 Hours after interview I get a eMail asking me to call in, I called an got the job

Interview Questions

• What do Customers expect from a company like KFC   1 Answer

Team Member/Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KFC (Melbourne (Australia)) in February 2016.

Interview

I arrived early and waited in the dining area. Most of the question where related to food poisoning and cooking chicken. The person interviewing me seemed "over it" she even made a comment about having to interview people all day and how tired she was. She also did really seemed to care what I had to say and only pointed out the mistakes in the answers I gave or things I missed out on saying related to cooking. About a week later I got an email saying to come back in for a second interview.

Team Member/Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cluj-Napoca (Romania)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at KFC (Cluj-Napoca (Romania)) in March 2015.

Interview

Very short interview with standard questions and a standar pshicological quizz. The job requirments are pretty rudimentary. The manager was nice and the interview went smooth. After running into my previous experience he gave me a job already and asked me to go and make a stool medical test to begin work as fast as I can because their team are lacking in people.

Team Member/Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at KFC (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

After dropping off my resume at one of the stores, I got a call from them. It was a welcoming, friendly interview. They offered me something to drink before starting the interview. The person who interviewed me made sure that I wasn't intimidated. After the interview, I was told right away that I had gotten the job. Finally, they asked me me bring by my personal information.