KIK Custom Products Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KIK Custom Products (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Interview went well. I was interviewed by a team of 3. I was told would here back from them in a few days. Either good or bad. After a month haven’t heard back.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danville, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KIK Custom Products (Danville, IL) in May 2018.

Interview

It was a good experience. Everyone was polite and genuine. They seemed to be very interested in skills and background as applied to the specific functions of the job. They took me on a tour of the lab and some of the facility

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at KIK Custom Products.

Interview

I got the job thru angency. I was hired in after 8 months. I took a 4 part test. Passed them all. I was interview by 2 people. Fairly easy to get the job. Took a few days after before I started to work.

Interview Questions

• They made me take a 4 part test   2 Answers

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elkhart, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KIK Custom Products (Elkhart, IN) in March 2012.

Interview

Asking considered a pointless and irrelevant question on that has no relevant larger meaning and is often given on philosophy finals, demonstrate the lack of academic relevance Is this information really needed to judge an applicant’s competence or qualifications for the job in question?

Interview Questions

• The total weight of a tin and the cookies it contains is 2 pounds. After ¾ of the cookies are eaten, the tin and the remaining cookies weigh 0.8 pounds. What is the weight of the empty tin in pounds?   1 Answer

Senior Cost Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KIK Custom Products (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

4 Interviews, including phone and in person

Interview Questions

• During the round table interview wih management the conversation became dicely (it actually bordered on a bit sexual in nature, but in a joking way).   1 Answer

Negotiation

KIK makes one flat offer, you either accept it or you dont. I negotiated my vacation pay with the HR director, but she ended up leaving the company and her negotiations were not honored by corporate.

Floor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at KIK Custom Products (Houston, TX).

Interview

First Interview was in May, next one in July, and third was not until September. Hope you have plenty of free time on your hands because noting is going to happen fast. They even had me interview while the guy I was replacing was working.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Hammer down, they change management often and nothing is ever constant

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KIK Custom Products (Alpharetta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

3 phone interviews and a round robin face-to-face interview at their office.
    The position was open to replace the existing Project Manager. The interviewers conducted the interview in a conference room in the lobby of the office. This prevented me or other candidates from being able to see the actual work environment or facility. The only interviewer with prepared questions was the Project Manager who is leaving the company. The President said he does not prepare questions and "that's his style". HR kept stating it was important to determine if I was a good cultural fit but could not describe the culture. The other Project Manager who this role would interface fail was not present for the interview. Management decided to hire without that employee's input. The company said that I would hear whether or not I was selected by no later than 3 business days since they had an immediate time-sensitive need. Needless to say, I never heard from the company. They were less than professionally courteous to inform me.

Interview Questions

• What is your management style: "just get it done any way possible " or "there's a process for each phase"   1 Answer

Plant Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cortland, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KIK Custom Products (Cortland, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

First had phone interview with KIK Corporate recruiter who did ask tough questions especially if there are any gaps in your resume. I then had a phone interview with VP of Finance who was the only Finance person in the interview process. I have held previous Plant Controller positions so no one questioned my ability to do the job. After getting through this initial process, I had on-site Interview with GM and HR Manager separately at facility. They concentrated on determining if I was a fit for the organization. I would say that everyone I spoke to seemed to be open and transparent on the job and organization.

Interview Questions

• Corporate Recruiter as, "You had a seven month gap in your resume, why did you leave this company without another position lined up?"   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at KIK Custom Products in April 2014.

Interview

HR from different state contact me for phone interview. Second, was on site interview with the HR manager and the Assistant Controller. Last, was an onsite interview with the Vice President of the Finance Department.

Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at KIK Custom Products (Houston, TX) in November 2010.

Interview

This was probably the most deplorable interview process I've ever experienced. I had no less than 6 interviews over a period of 3-4 months. At the conclusion of each interview I was told that a "decision would be made soon". Subsequently I would not hear back from them for 2 weeks and would inquire as I had not heard back. I heard the term "2 more weeks" at least 4 times w/out ANY guidance on when the process would be concluded. After each 2 week period would expire, I would have to inquire and the process started all over again. Ultimately, I removed myself from consideration because it was so horrendous and I could not tolerate it any longer. As I had driven 300 miles round trip for the 3 on-site interviews I asked if I could be reimbursed for mileage, and without the help from the corporate HR rep, I doubt it would have been provided. These people treat their employees AWFUL if their interview process is indicative of their management style. Oh, and by the way, I was interviewing for a position that was populated at the time. The person holding it didn't know they were getting fired. They had to sneak me into the back of the plant in a "hidden" meeting room to conduct the interview. Overall, TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE experience. Steer clear of this company.