KIPP Foundation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KIPP Foundation Interview Questions

Updated Mar 3, 2017

3.4

Talent Strategy Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KIPP Foundation.

Interview

Interesting process. Completed a HireVue (recorded) interview as a first step. As a talent professional I was excited to observe this from a candidate's perspective. Less personal but I can see the advantages from the recruiting team's perspective. I was then invited to the next step which was a case study interview with two staff members including the hiring manager. I was surprised by the HM's communication skills, which seemed to lack the sophistication and maturity that I would have anticipated for someone in this role. It is clear they do a LOT of promoting from within. I sensed a bit of constant movement in their structure (which has pros and cons). The case study was a scenario specific to a current issue facing the team and, more specifically, a challenge the individual coming into this role would be tackling. It was an interesting and complex issue, but definitely not one a candidate would have deep context on unless s/he 1) already worked in the organization, and/or 2) had internal connections enabling some additional prep. Limited details were provided. I sensed that my approach to the issue involved a level of collaboration that they were not seeking (definitely seems the desire was to have a change "mandated" versus arrived at in collaboration with the team's most effected/impacted by the shift, which just isn't my style). It was a pleasant conversation. I received a follow up a few days later indicating I didn't advance, confirming what I'd suspected. I appreciated the prompt follow up and each of my engagements with the Recruiter were very pleasant and professional. I do believe they risk losing candidates given the number of layers to their process. I understand they view this as being highly selective, but it could definitely serve as a barrier to keeping candidate's engaged in the process.

Interview Questions

• Scenario based. X is the problem, how would you approach solving it?   Answer Question
    • HireVue: basic screening/behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Administrative Role Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at KIPP Foundation.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted quickly for a phone interview, within the week. I set up a time for the interview and was told to expect a call at our assigned time. The time came and I did not receive a call. After 15 minutes, I sent the Talent Team that I was supposed to talk to an email and went about my day at school. 5 minutes later, I receive a call from the Talent Person. While she did apologize for being 20 minutes late on the call, I was very surprised about the tardiness to say the least. 3-4 minutes into the conversation, it was pretty clear to me that neither of us were very passionate about me being in the role anymore, but we still went through the motions. Less than a week later, I received a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• How does educational inequity in low income communities make you feel?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at KIPP Foundation (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Video Interview. Basic question about R, and your knowledge about statistics. The case study was given and 3 minute recording time to give you approach to the problem. Later on get mail that your application is on hold and will hear back shortly. Got reject after 2 weeks

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at KIPP Foundation (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Application, Hire-Vue Interview, Test, Group interview with a team. The group interview wasn't difficult, but one person seemed intimidated by me during the process. She wasn’t very receptive. Seemed annoyed during the entire process. Only problem I had was I wasn't interviewed by the person I would be working for.

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses? How did you hear about Kipp? What excited you about the job description?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at KIPP Foundation (Winston-Salem, NC).

Interview

a phoner than in-person interview....I should have seen a red flag, however, when they indicated a google conversation would have been ok instead of in-person...but I was in the area...

Lead Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KIPP Foundation (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

A few rounds of interviews types getting detailed each time. Was a good process. I felt comfortable the entire time. Questions seemed to try and see if you fit with KIPP model and less about teaching skills. A couple of practice teach role plays were in final interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiations happened for salary.

Development Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KIPP Foundation.

Interview

Submitted an online application and was contacted for a digital interview within 2 weeks. The digital interview is conducted by a platform called HireVue, it was a different kind of experience than I had ever heard of for job interviews. You basically record yourself answering questions on a webcam or app on your phone/portable device. I found it to be rather nerve wracking as I'm not super comfortable in front of a camera. It was an interesting experience though.

Pretty basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Why Kipp? What was your motivation for applying for this position?   Answer Question
    • Describe an instance of a conflict you had in a professional setting.   Answer Question

Marketing Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KIPP Foundation.

Interview

The process took several months and consisted of several rounds starting with a phone interview, followed by an assignment of several performance tasks. After completing the performance tasks, I was invited for an on-line group interview. The final round was an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you think defines a leader?
      What are three characteristics your co-workers would use to describe you?
      Explain a time in your career where you went "above and beyond"
      Answer Question

Teaching Fellow Interview

Interview

A video interview where you are asked about 7 questions, mostly about situations you've been in and scenarios. If you pass, you get invited to the school for an interview with the principal and assistant. You are also expected to give a demo lesson to a classroom of students. I was interviewed with other applicants, so in gaps between my demo and interview, I was allowed to go around the classrooms and observe/interact with teachers and students.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KIPP Foundation.

Interview

The interview was extensive, by phone in person, sample teach the overall process from online application to hire took a couple of months - horrible HR process they have on hand

Interview Questions

• variety of questions were asked, needed examples, role play, what-if type questions etc.   Answer Question